Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed my drone

Reaction score
I just crashed my drone and the props, body and gimble were damaged. Has anyone had any experience fixing these damages through yuneec or fixing it on your own?

Dang! That must have been a spectacular crash.

Props - Easy fix
Body - Bodies are available. Lots of screws...
Gimble - What happened? Can you post pics?

Also, hook it up to GUI to check that the motors are OK. I'm not sure, but it'll probably check rest of the systems.

I just crashed my drone and the props, body and gimble were damaged. Has anyone had any experience fixing these damages through yuneec or fixing it on your own?
Was it caused because operator error or did something go wrong with the drone? Regardless I hope everything gets fixed and everything is ok. Have a blessed Holiday. Drone Boy

The crash wasn't so bad
Dang! That must have been a spectacular crash.

Props - Easy fix
Body - Bodies are available. Lots of screws...
Gimble - What happened? Can you post pics?

Also, hook it up to GUI to check that the motors are OK. I'm not sure, but it'll probably check rest of the systems.

The crash wasnt too bad it was 20 feet up...so I first started it up and let it hover for a couple minutes on angle mode...the drone was facing me so I panned it to the right thinking it would go left but it went right so I panned it to the left and it still went right and into the tree...I'm not sure what the **** happend

does anyone know a good place to buy parts...yuneec charges 40 dollars for shipping to California

yea thats what i thought I dont know why its charging me 40 dollars on their site. Oh quick note i just saw it on Amazon and they sell the yuneec typhoon g and you can add warranty that covers drops and spills for about $60 dollars.

Amain Performance Hobbies in Chico, California carries many parts. They even carry parts not listed on the Yuneec site. If you are good at soldering you can repair it yourself.

Mindbank

Thanks I'll probably go through them in the future it looks like I'm going it to send it to yuneec...have you had experience with them or know anyone that has experience with their techs?

It looks like we had a similar crash my gimbal broke similar to yours but the arm for one of the motors also broke. I was about 20 ft. high. How high were you when you crashed?

It looks like we had a similar crash my gimbal broke similar to yours but the arm for one of the motors also broke. I was about 20 ft. high. How high were you when you crashed?

Today it was me :( ~3 meters

real tree, fake drone
w6g7rxvg.jpg

6b45jlfg.jpg

l8taqlzy.jpg

Dang what happend...just hook it up to the GUI and hope all your sensors are ok...

... flown my second battery, around 11V left and bang in the tree.
I was flying into collision course with the tree,get panic a little bit and would only try braking the speed down. confound right with left and the copter was in contact with the thin branches. This was sufficient to stop the flight.
The drone falls down around 3 meters in the gras.
The batterie was dropped out of the frame. The frame is broken. The
camera was dropped and the wiring from the gimbal is cut out.
Two gum bumpers were out of the frame. One is still missing in the gras.
One propeller is broken and the leaf is missing.

I do not understand, why the video do not show the crash. At home
I plugged the camera to the steady-grip, wait what happen and after
I have seen the green LED-light I turned off. On the SD-Card, the last
Video-File has only 2 minutes, for 800MB and 4K normal, but the end
of the crash is missing.

Tested the file in the ST10+, there is the crash in the videofile, but only 432x240.
In the CGO3-SD-Card is the last second missing, the crash.

Will check the copter, but I need new dumpers. Will order more then I need
and I will mark them with neon color to find them better next time.
The propellers I will eliminate. No risk ...

Just found more ... one leg is broken and the battery door will not stay closed.

Read somewhere to make sure you stop video recording before powering off or you could have missing video due to buffering to been written to card or possible corrupt video file all together. The power might have been killed to the camera during the crash or turning the copter off without stopping video might have caused this. I did it once but not a crash. I just turned off the Copter and the camera was still recording when I did it.

make sure you stop video recording before powering off or you could have missing video due to buffering to been written to card or possible corrupt video file all together.

I know that part, but I was not able to stop the video :D
I haven't also not seen, when the battery was ejected.
The missing part in the video are only 1 second to the video in the ST10+.
And the video in the ST10+ only shows the short moment, when the
copter get in contact with the tree, the free fall is also missing, so it
is possible, the battery was already ejected in the air OR the
System shut down, cause the ST10+ has in his Log-File
a motor-problem ....
I rember the copter was falling down without any sound of the motors
and no BIEP from the system.

She understood then, that forward stick was back, right was left, and so on.

This was my little problem.
I tried to get away from the tree and used the wrong direction.
Maybe nothing would have happened if I would not have changed the direction.
But I was frightened to get in contact with the tree. So I decided I had to do something ...

My place was large enough, but I was too close to the little tree.
Left right, right left :confused:

Yes, we all wish to be back 10 years old :D

Well I too crashed this week. Similar to above, was about 20 ft off ground I was flying a bit fast and did not recover from miscalculated heading (into a tree). Frame damage, all props, one motor support, gimbal, and yes the 4K cam as well. I called Yuneec and they said to send it to them in So Cal.. Too bad they don't have a repair facility on the east coast. I sent it out today and I will keep you guys posted on turnaround time and details of repair and cost. I have not felt this bad about doing something stupid since college. There should be a forum for crashes and pilot error. In hindsight, I've gained much experience (but I still feel like a ding bat).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval