Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed my drone

You can fix it yourself.
If you crash and break a motor off of the airframe, just use epoxy called JB-Weld. I have used epoxy to recover from three crashes recently.

It is pretty easy to crash into a tree if you have the copter turned the wrong way and panic.
Really important to go slow and keep the white lights toward you.
If you get in trouble - just gain altitude. If you are going to crash anyway and you can go up - go up asap and then figure out what to do when you have more space to fly in.

Of course if your battery is low, then you had to land.

Yeah when you crash from 30 feet - I have done this three times into a tree.

Eventually the battery ejects and breaks the battery door latch. Solution - new latch. Or duct tape.
You may crack off a motor. Just epoxy it back on with JB Weld.
The frame can crack where the two struts join the main body. Again - JBweld.

The only reason to send it back to Yuneec is if the motors will not spin up.

That is usually a bad ESC board.
And yep, you need to unsolder the ESC board and put in a new one then hook the USB to the
computer and use the Yuneec program to re-assign the ESC's by turning the motors when
you are asked and then you are ready to fly again.

The propellers Always break.

Maytech props do not break - but they are hard to find now and the threads on the Maytech props
do not hold for more then one rotation or two rotations of the props.
I don't care. I use the Maytech props anyway.

I crashed about 6 times and finally ruined the Maytech props. But my good friend sent me more of them which I had bought for him and he did not like them.

Here is ESC assignment video

Here is my last crash:

Reactions: Fleamac
I just crashed my drone and the props, body and gimble were damaged. Has anyone had any experience fixing these damages through yuneec or fixing it on your own?

Had my first crash just the other day. Took of in hurry was within 10 feet of craft. It took off and started away from me rather quick. Just got climbed above my garage when it met my Russian olive tree. All that green grass and it hit my patio. So I picked up mangled wreck. Looked down at controller Was in smart mode which explains the fast movement away from me. Dumb ***. I knew better. My advice never rush. And I built a checklist. Check out Carolinadronz for parts. The GUI program can tell you about several things going on within the drone.

Reactions: Fleamac

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech