Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Creating stitched Orthophotos

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new the group and new to flying a drone. I just got the breeze as I wanted to start adding aerial photos to my jobs (I am a surveyor). I got the breeze as it was inexpensive, takes good photos for the price and if anything did happen to it I would only be loosing out on a few hundred dollars. So back to my question is it possible to successfully stitch a few aerial photos together. On the attached photo I flew across the property and took three photos (at the time I was not thinking about overlap etc). Then after a bit of googling I found Image Composite Editor and dropped the photos in to that. At first I though it had done a reasonable job but after taking a closer look the house ridge was not aligned and next doors house was a bit screwy. Also the fences and the garden running up between the houses are not lining up. So can you stitch photos from a breeze with better technique in the field? I've attached the photo and marked the areas that were not right.

Attachments

• aerialstitchedA.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 25
If you are on FB I've got a file on the YOG group that walks you through stitching using the ICE program. Overlap is critical for the program

If you are on FB I've got a file on the YOG group that walks you through stitching using the ICE program. Overlap is critical for the program
Just tried searching on FB for "YOG" group, could not see anything to do with drones or aerial photography. Lots of groups for Yoga though.

Chris NZ,

Just want to give you a heads up with using aerial photography in your business if you are in the USA. The FAA will consider it to be a commercial enterprise and you must be part 107 certified as a remote pilot.

I would not want you or anyone else getting in trouble. There are many robots (webcrawlers) that scan this site every day, so it is possible for information to get passed to the FAA.

I am a member of the YOG now, so where do I look for the file?
In the files section. It's on the left side towards top of page

https://m.facebook.com/friends/center/requests/?refid=7

How to Create a 360 using the H and MS ICE

Setup the Typhoon H to dual layer on the camera and it will take 18 pictures automatically. Set the camera on the H to either gorgeous or natural.
I use Adobe Lightroom to color adjust. I adjust the colors to my liking and make sure the sky is consistent from 1 image to the other. For those like me that can't afford PTgui here you can take jpg's and import into MS ICE.
During the import into ICE I use the time option instead of file. This way if you rename the images it does not effect the 360. I use spherical and the "auto complete" in the crop tab. I export as a TIFF with the alpha channel checked.
I bring that file into PS and adjust the vibrancy. You can use a simple paint program like paint.net also which is free (no first born). The image needs to be in 2:1 ratio. I increase the canvas size with the image anchored at the bottom. The fill option doesn’t matter as we’ll transform over the top of it. I use the square marquee tool and go from the top of the sky to below the horizon. My selection is approximately the size of the blank space at the top. This creates a small earth image at the top. I then copy the sky selection, paste on a new layer and transform the image by grabbing the bottom/center drag square and drag it to the top of the canvas (invert). Drag the bottom up until it becomes the top and fills the whole expanded area.
Optional: I combine the layers with cntl+E and fix anything that looks funky. Don’t worry about the stuff at the top as it will become a small world 360 on its own.
Save as a jpg and then right click on the file in explorer and go to properties. Go to the details tab and click on the right side 1 time to get to the camera manufacturer "Ricoh" and model "Ricoh Theta S" without the quotes and click OK.
Upload the image and post. Once you see the image in the box you can hover over image and it will show a paint brush which allows one to set the starting image for the 360.
Click Post! Submitted by Terry Thone
Comment

Michael Cullen
can you do this with the q500+
1 yrMore

Terry Thone
You'd have to do the images yourself by panning with an overlap but I know of some guys that do it manually with the H with more overlap than the dual layer that's built in on the H.
1 yrMore

Write a comment...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwight.a.atkinson