Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cupwith Water on Marsden Moor

Just jealous no real open space by me have to travel around to fly in peace and stay safe !!

Looks great footage what height did you fly at ?
Highest point was 380 feet.
In my opinion I don't think this footage is the best I've done. The lighting on the day was variable due to broken clouds: I'd set the camera for bright sunshine only for the Sun to be obscured the next second by clouds. Though I say it myself, I've done better.

But thanks for the kind words

Just jealous no real open space by me have to travel around to fly in peace and stay safe !!
I'm fortunate in that respect since I live right next to the Pennine range in England. Plenty of secluded places to go flying without many people to interfere with me. Though I live on the Lancashire side of the Pennines, the boarder with West Yorkshire is only about a mile away from where I live. Indeed, I can drive for just 5 minutes and be in a place that is just roling hills and dales. The place in this video is about 20 minutes by car away from where I live, but had to walk about half a kilometre away from where I parked my car. Apart from the odd rare car driving along the nearby road there was literally no-one within a couple of miles of me.

I'm fortunate in that respect since I live right next to the Pennine range in England. Plenty of secluded places to go flying without many people to interfere with me. Though I live on the Lancashire side of the Pennines, the boarder with West Yorkshire is only about a mile away from where I live. Indeed, I can drive for just 5 minutes and be in a place that is just roling hills and dales. The place in this video is about 20 minutes by car away from where I live, but had to walk about half a kilometre away from where I parked my car. Apart from the odd rare car driving along the nearby road there was literally no-one within a couple of miles of me.
I live on top of Liverpool airport, so right on top of a no fly zone , I go out to North Wales , then I have issues with mountain rescue helicopters that fly on patrol there and RAF Valley ect the police would be only to happy to shoot the H out the sky to be honest mate lol

Reactions: FlushVision
I live on top of Liverpool airport, so right on top of a no fly zone , I go out to North Wales , then I have issues with mountain rescue helicopters that fly on patrol there and RAF Valley ect the police would be only to happy to shoot the H out the sky to be honest mate lol
I've done a couple of flights over in Anglesey near to the South Stack lighthouse on Holyhead Island a few years ago using a dji Phantom. Near to there is the prominent remains an ancient iron age hut group and well worth a fly over and, importantly, is outside of Valley's no-fly zone. There is a nice car-park just on the opposite side of the road to the hut group remains so car parking isn't an issue. I recommend that you check it out.

I have a video on youtube of my flight over it, but since it's shot using a dji, it wouldn't be appropriate to show it here. However, check out this screenshot of the site from Google Earth: https://i.gyazo.com/e1f37541d40f39b82efdc53651371fd1.jpg

Reactions: Pogues100
I've done a couple of flights over in Anglesey near to the South Stack lighthouse on Holyhead Island a few years ago using a dji Phantom. Near to there is the prominent remains an ancient iron age hut group and well worth a fly over and, importantly, is outside of Valley's no-fly zone. There is a nice car-park just on the opposite side of the road to the hut group remains so car parking isn't an issue. I recommend that you check it out.

I have a video on youtube of my flight over it, but since it's shot using a dji, it wouldn't be appropriate to show it here. However, check out this screenshot of the site from Google Earth: https://i.gyazo.com/e1f37541d40f39b82efdc53651371fd1.jpg
Yes that looks like a great spot to fly unhindered with the possibility of some great altitude shots with the light changing in and out with the hills as a back drop

Yes that looks like a great spot to fly unhindered with the possibility of some great altitude shots with the light changing in and out with the hills as a back drop
There is another place that would be good for a 'Point Of Interest' flight just 1.29 miles to the South East of that other one I mentioned above. Two ancient standing stones in the middle of a farmer's field which is accessible to the public via a footpath. Should you go to fly those hut remains I mentioned above, save a battery and take a flight there too. see this Google earth screenshot :)

There is another place that would be good for a 'Point Of Interest' flight just 1.29 miles to the South East of that other one I mentioned above. Two ancient standing stones in the middle of a farmer's field which is accessible to the public via a footpath. Should you go to fly those hut remains I mentioned above, save a battery and take a flight there too. see this Google earth screenshot :)
Looks ideal, I’ve just spent 3 hours repairing my downed H Pro after a school boy error let my cusion insert the battery whilst I was flying down in Devon flying above Woolicombe beach what a fabulous spot that was , long story short the usual damage , landing gear smashed to bits , landing gear servos both broken in half , camera ok thank god , 2 motor arms snapped, 3 props , and loads of embarrassment, I would be lost without the support from the more experienced pilots on this site/ forum , would never have attempted this repair, would have just sent it off for repair and just payed the Bill !!!! Gives you a sense of achievement fixing it and a better understanding of the care that is needed , and the damage from a simple mistake/ over sight , hopefully take it for a flight and see how it responds and flies , any advice would be appreciated

Mike

Reactions: FlushVision
Looks ideal, I’ve just spent 3 hours repairing my downed H Pro after a school boy error let my cusion insert the battery whilst I was flying down in Devon flying above Woolicombe beach what a fabulous spot that was , long story short the usual damage , landing gear smashed to bits , landing gear servos both broken in half , camera ok thank god , 2 motor arms snapped, 3 props , and loads of embarrassment, I would be lost without the support from the more experienced pilots on this site/ forum , would never have attempted this repair, would have just sent it off for repair and just payed the Bill !!!! Gives you a sense of achievement fixing it and a better understanding of the care that is needed , and the damage from a simple mistake/ over sight , hopefully take it for a flight and see how it responds and flies , any advice would be appreciated

Mike
Can't help with the repair side of things...not wit a TH anyway. A few years ago I did manage to resurrect a very crashed P2V, but that was a far simpler aircraft than the TH. If it had been the TH I'd have been buggered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval