Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Current US Firmware(and how to upgrade it)

Reaction score
I have read the questions post, and the what to check before posting. I am in the US(California)

1) First time drone user, but relatively competent on computers.

I bought the Breeze today from Frys(no returns on FPV drones....YAY :-( ) so I am stuck with it, and you are stuck with me.

I installed the Breeze Cam software fresh on both my Amazon Kindle Fire(via Google Play Store) and my Nexus 6P.

2) With the Kindle fire, I was able to connect to Breeze, change the Name of my drone, and seem to get everything going correctly. I saw 17 Gps birds, was able to successfully compass calibrate(it beeped-software was at 90%)
The battery was at 98%.
I then went to the ? and my Client Version is 1.4.7(even though the copyright says 2016-2017) my Flying control is 1.0.0(seems very old), Esc version is 1.0.3 and Camera Version is 1.0.2(A).

I clicked on Firmware Upgrade-Look for Firmware and have received either "Battery is less than 30%" or "No update available" displayed on that page.

Even though the firmware seemed out of date, I fired up the pilot mode, turned on GPS, they fired up, turned on location services, the Pilot mode showed me the camera view, and I did the "Takeoff" routine, clicked the button, slid the slider....and nothing. No power up of the drone at all, no sound, no movement, just nothing. No error messages, beeps or anything.

I then tried Selfie mode and the same thing, the video was shown, I was able to record, click "Takeoff" and nothing.

So my questions are:
Is this the current firmware? If not, any ideas why the app(while connected via wifi to the Breeze) says it is? And how would it know since when in that configuration I have no Internet Access.

Does Yuneec have an online site to browse/download the current firmware? The only downloads I saw for the Breeze were the manuals.

The Product Support- Getting Started Page does not even list the Breeze(Support Getting Started)

Any information is greatly appreciated( I only saw a single thread regarding Firmware and it had a lot of confusing/inconsistent information while being geared towards European users as far as I could tell.

Last edited:
I think you are on the latest version.
You can check here: Downloads - Breeze
The current manual is version 2.0.
The Breeze connects to your phone/tablet by using a WiFi connection that will disconnect your phone from your home WiFi connection, you will have to manually reconnect to your home WiFi unless you have auto connect setup.
From the manual:
10. PROGRAMMING YOUR DRONE SETTINGS Tap[ ] on the main interface and select [ ], you can set the default height after take off, name the drone, set flight boundaries, complete compass calibration and enable/disable liability disclaimer.

Did you 100% complete this step?

Let us know if you get her going or have more questions.

Yeah, I mentioned that Download page as being pretty useless.
Yes, I have completed the settings setup(which is done before getting to the different Tasks)

This is the thread which lists several different Firmware versions. I do not believe these were "hacked together" by consumers, but rather updates from Yuneec as they tried to improve the drone over the last couple of years.
Firmware Issues / Breeze WiFi fix / Tips

They list many versions, but I was not able to understand which was the "official current" combination, so did not want to blindly start flashing the Firmware.
A:

http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.33_A.bin
http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.35_A.bin
http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.37_A.bin
http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.39_A.bin

A

.33 = Gives you Camera Version 1.0.0
.35 = Gives you Camera Version 1.0.2 -- update to 1.1.2 FCV?
.37 = Gives you Camera Version 2.0.4 -- update to 1.1.2 FCV?
.39+ = WARNING: Upgrades Flying Control Version to 1.1.3 w/Camera 2.0.4 -- Once you are on 1.1.3 FCV you cannot go back to 1.1.2 or lower (yet)

ZappCat,

You are definitely on an earlier firmware version. That bird must have been in the freezer a long time (on the shelf). The current US version of firmware is the 1.37A. To get the firmware to update through the app you need both a WiFi connection to the Breeze and a cellular connection to the internet and cellular data must be enabled for the Breeze Cam app.

Download the 1.37A firmware and follow the install instructions given in the thread you were quoting above. Those links are to a Yuneec server, but they can’t be found on the Yuneec websites.

I think you will probably find the Nexus 6P a more suitable device for flying the Breeze. You should also be able to do the in-app firmware update with it.

ZappCat,

You are definitely on an earlier firmware version. That bird must have been in the freezer a long time (on the shelf). The current US version of firmware is the 1.37A. To get the firmware to update through the app you need both a WiFi connection to the Breeze and a cellular connection to the internet and cellular data must be enabled for the Breeze Cam app.

Download the 1.37A firmware and follow the install instructions given in the thread you were quoting above. Those links are to a Yuneec server, but they can’t be found on the Yuneec websites.

I think you will probably find the Nexus 6P a more suitable device for flying the Breeze. You should also be able to do the in-app firmware update with it.

Awesome, thanks!

I guess I missed that explanation in the manual(or it is lacking as most of the documentation)

Thanks again, I will fire it up now

The manual is very skimpy. Most info for flight modes is contained in the in-app help for each task.

It took me awhile to finally catch on to the update needing both WiFi to the Breeze and cellular to the internet. What finally made it dawn on me was the Europeans going to airplane mode on their phones to prevent auto-updating the firmware after downgrading it to fix WiFi connectivity problems.

What version of the Amazon Fire are you using with the Breeze. My son got me a Fire 7 to toy around with. It is darn near useless with the Breeze. The video feed is very delayed. Never had a chance to try flying the Breeze with it, as I sent the Breeze for warranty repair for overheating problems shortly after that.

Thanks again for your help.

On the Nexus 6P, I was able to sync with the drone, and have my cell connection download the update(took 4 tries), so I have updated and now have newer software.

After the calibration it files as expected YAY!

Since it is night, I just flew via video, but did not record anything.

I will try the Nexus 6P and the Kindle 10" HD tomorrow to see if one is better than the others. I think the Kindle would be easier to see, and since it uses MicroSD cards, unlimited storage.

I will update once I have actually flown and recorded video.

I save a few pics and videos to my phone, but I always transfer them to my computer via the microUSB cable. You will find four types of files, a THM (thumbnail), a 2ND (a lo-red copy of a video), an MOV (video file in the resolution selected in Camera Settings), and JPG (pictures in resolution selected in Camera Settings). I do this to avoid having to use the memory on my phone.

The Breeze stores the video and photos on its 16 GB internal SD memory which must be transferred to another device for long term storage. To make room for further videos the memory on the Breeze must be formatted with the Breeze Cam app in Camera Settings. DO NOT format the Breeze’s internal SD with anything other than the Breeze Cam app, it will brick your Breeze.

Also, welcome to YuneecPilots! I’m omitting my usual spiel as you had already researched your problem on the forum before posting. I really appreciate your efforts in that regard. I hope you will enjoy being part of our community.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my