Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Czech Republic

Reaction score
Anyone traveled to the Czech with their drone? We had a drone sent to them for our travels and it's held up in Customs, so wondering if we should take it with us instead and if there are any concerns with customs once we get there.

Last edited:
Don't do that unless you are aware of the EU requirements, and can meet them.

my concern is getting it through customs? Is that an issue, obviously also the flying regulations which I have looked into.

I have no experience with their customs practice. Perhaps one of the members that travel to the area can help with that part. I was just concerned because your original post did not immediately indicate an awareness of the different regulations. My bad. Sounds like you already have a handle on the EU regulations.

I have no experience with their customs practice. Perhaps one of the members that travel to the area can help with that part. I was just concerned because your original post did not immediately indicate an awareness of the different regulations. My bad. Sounds like you already have a handle on the EU regulations.
no problem! I'm no expert on any of it, but I know enough to know I need to know where we can and can't fly. Some of our personnel over there suggested getting some drone footage but I'm not sure they realize all the ins and outs either. Thanks!

Would you have to install the Euro Firmware to use over there?

Uh-oh. I think you are saying, between the lines, that you shipped a drone kit with US specs into a EU customs facility. Is that correct?
I didn't, but a helpful fed-ex employee decided to buy it and do that without doing any research, so yep, a US drone went there and is now in customs requiring that it comes back to the US with us!

I don't know the rules, but I suspect the same thing may happen to one you take with you. One of our members has done a lot of world travel, and might be able to help, but is not on the forum right now. I hope this works out well, but at this point, I can only recommend doing good research on the issue.

I don't know the rules, but I suspect the same thing may happen to one you take with you. One of our members has done a lot of world travel, and might be able to help, but is not on the forum right now. I hope this works out well, but at this point, I can only recommend doing good research on the issue.
thanks for your info, I'm not committed to taking it with me unless I am confident it won't be an issue...I'm not going there to take drone footage unless I could take what I want where I want. I love going to Europe, but not risking being in jail!

There's a good question! I'm doing some research right now.

If that is a Breeze, it will need the European firmware installed. Not hard to do and is needed to get the proper WiFi connection while operating there.

Reactions: PilotDJS
Czech is more than a little sensitive about drones. There are a lot of cross border incursions from the east done for intel purposes. The Czech Republic has their own military drone program as well.

Be a real good idea to call their embassy and speak to someone that can advise you about what you can or can’t bring into their country. Although they are part of the European Union they may have national security regs that preclude importation of civilian drones.

Their embassy personnel will be experts in this kind of advice. We aren’t, even if we’ve been there.

From reading some of the web sites about the UAV laws over there it does not seem to be a problem bringing a UAV into the country but this one site has some pretty interesting comments from people who actually flew there as tourist. You should read the comments and give it a good thought if you should even chance it LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements