Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Distance between landing gear legs (down)

Y

Yuneec Pilot

I was searching for a suitable landing pad and couldn't find one especially made for TH.
Could someone tell me how long the distance is between the legs of the landing gear skids folded down?

Hoodman HDLP

This one is a big favorite
First I got the 3' version of that. Then I realized the 5' version would be better. Works really well.

The 3' version works, but more dust is kicked up with it and just a little bit of movement of the H will put it on the edge of the 3' version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use dirt, grass, sand, snow or a piece of plywood sitting on top of a bush.

I can hook it up with some of these if you gets the rods on your own.

Lands on about any surface super stable.

I can hook it up with some of these if you gets the rods on your own.

Lands on about any surface super stable.

Love it! The Typhoon H comes with what appears to be the legs off an ironing board, and here you have replaced them with the legs off a TV dinner stand. :)

Reactions: Ralphy
Love it! The Typhoon H comes with what appears to be the legs off an ironing board, and here you have replaced them with the legs off a TV dinner stand. :)

Those factory legs drive me nuts! They are so big and the two lateral arms always smack them when you fold the motors down.

I like my bunny ear antennas.

Funny story :
Several months back a client of mine in Cali actaully took it to the Yuneec factory to show them how happy he was with them. They agreed it was a good design.

Everyone wins

If you stretch a membrane of some sort between the two "legs" on each side, it might serve as wings in the upright position to glide the H safely to earth in the event of a power failure ;)

Reactions: Ralphy
I was searching for a suitable landing pad and couldn't find one especially made for TH.
Could someone tell me how long the distance is between the legs of the landing gear skids folded down?
To answer your question,with the Landing Gear in the Down Position, between the landing gear measures appx 12.5" and diagonally across the landing gear, 16".
Be sure whatever you buy is heavy enough to stay on the ground and not "flutter" from Prop Wash when either Landing or Taking Off..

Made a landing pad with 18" square 3/8" plywood, and 2 18" square pieces of vinyl flooring...
(one dark as I could find, one light as I could find) to cover both sides and make it more
weather resistant. Different colors on each side should provide a good contrasting platform
for any surface I might encounter. Heavy enough to be completely stable.

Total cost: $13.00 at Lowes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval