Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Distance not corrected

Reaction score
Newbie here.

Just had my Q500+ updated and set up ready for first flight today hopefully. But one thing is bugging me, when I turn on my ST10 controller and fire up the Q500+ its telling me I'm 8' away for it when controller is only about 6" away, Is there anyway of resting this.

Newbie here.

Just had my Q500+ updated and set up ready for first flight today hopefully. But one thing is bugging me, when I turn on my ST10 controller and fire up the Q500+ its telling me I'm 8' away for it when controller is only about 6" away, Is there anyway of resting this.
hi
it's just an approximate ( range ), it will be ok if it read 25 i would worry .
fly safe

Newbie here.

When it comes to GPS locations there's always a +/- as far as accuracy is concerned. But please make sure that your distance is correct when flying in smart mode. You explained that you're a newbie so make sure you read up, and understand the process of flying in smart mode. You can do some damage if you don't get it right.

When it comes to GPS locations there's always a +/- as far as accuracy is concerned. But please make sure that your distance is correct when flying in smart mode. You explained that you're a newbie so make sure you read up, and understand the process of flying in smart mode. You can do some damage if you don't get it right.
yes you are correct , the first rule when flying in safe mode make sure you are at least 26 to 30 feet away from your Q to be out of the geo fence zone .
see the right side of page 23 , take off zone and pilot location .
fly safe

Attachments

• sm.pdf
    442.4 KB · Views: 9
I've not used smart mode yet only angel mode, what sort of damage are you talking about ???

I've not used smart mode yet only angel mode, what sort of damage are you talking about ???
There is a buffer zone that you must have a certain distance between the controller and the Q or your Q at takeoff will try to distance itself without warning, and it doesn't warn you of which way it's going to go. It could come straight at you or someone else standing close by. So that's a potential for bodily injury, and then in my case for instance my Q flew straight into my car. There's nothing you can do to respond fast enough to avoid flying into something other than understand the process of flying in smart mode. Review your instructions about flying in smart mode.

Best thing to do is always take off in angle mode. You can switch to Smart Mode have it do the follow me or watch me after you get it up in the air. I have noticed on mine when I put it in angle mode and then switch to Smart Mode it does not say smart mode on the controller I'm wondering why? It will still do the smart mode features like watch me and follow me but the controller still says it's an angle mode

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval