Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Distance testing report - updates page 3 (FPVLR) & page 5 (DBS)

FYI, Telemetry data has nothing than can tell yuneec that you were using 3rd party antennas. They really have no way of telling if you had a itelite or fpvlr on your st16.

FYI, Telemetry data has nothing than can tell yuneec that you were using 3rd party antennas. They really have no way of telling if you had a itelite or fpvlr on your st16.

That's kind of my point..

Take HarveyC for example flying 5000 feet away. Technically Yuneec advertises a range of 1.6km so he is technically in range of the Stock Antenna. So while we all see a stock Max range of around 3000 feet, that's not what Yuneec advertises, and they can not prove he had a 3rd part antenna on if it crashes... Now 9000 feet is a different story....

I could be wrong, but I think they would be able to tell you were using other antenna if you were out beyond the 1,400 to 1,500 ft you can fly FPV with the H's stock antenna.

Ok guys, I have a friend that is having a dilemma and I am thinking its something in his area. He owns a P4 and previously owned a P3. He stated he got better distance out of the P3 than he did the P4. He purchased the ITELITE DBS for the P4 and his problems seemed to have been resolved. He just received his TY-H today and said his picture quality was very laggy and even froze at times. He flew it in the same area as the P3 and P4. I told him there must be some heavy interference around his neighborhood or something. What say you guys the pros and experienced ones ??!?!??

Correction: A Yuneec rep told me you could fly a 1.5 km on their antenna before losing Video transmission. He said Yuneec purposely did that because of the line of sight FAA rule.

They can guess that, but can't prove it. In ideal conditions people are getting 3000 to 4000 range with their stock antennas.

They can guess that, but can't prove it. In ideal conditions people are getting 3000 to 4000 range with their stock antennas.
Correct. That's about 3/4 of a mile. If you need to crash, just make sure your closer than that to your RTH point. :)

Ok guys, I have a friend that is having a dilemma and I am thinking its something in his area. He owns a P4 and previously owned a P3. He stated he got better distance out of the P3 than he did the P4. He purchased the ITELITE DBS for the P4 and his problems seemed to have been resolved. He just received his TY-H today and said his picture quality was very laggy and even froze at times. He flew it in the same area as the P3 and P4. I told him there must be some heavy interference around his neighborhood or something. What say you guys the pros and experienced ones ??!?!??

Early P3s had a greater range than the later ones... DJI started pulling back the range on them. One of the reasons his friends P4 probably got lesser range than his P3

Good info. Understand that the "rubber duckey" on the ST16 and the two wire antennas projecting from the landing gear pivots (both for 2.4 GHz control) are linear polarized. What is the polarization of the 5.8 GHz clover leaf antenna on the ST16 and the CG 03+ Antenna? Thanks.
I am just an old former microwave engineer.
Hi seabee, I believe they are LHCP. There is a picture floating around somewhere here with the cover off the camera showing the antennae.

Hi seabee, I believe they are LHCP. There is a picture floating around somewhere here with the cover off the camera showing the antennae.

GlenT
Thanks. With all the antenna/range discussion it is good to remember that the only way to improve the gain of a passive antenna is to restrict its beam width. Also, when a circular polarized antenna is paired with a linear polarized antenna there is a 3 dB (one half power) signal loss. Cannot change the rules of physics i.e. Maxwell's equations.

Reactions: JohnL and GlenT
Need to add a couple Sunhans amps
GlenT
Thanks. With all the antenna/range discussion it is good to remember that the only way to improve the gain of a passive antenna is to restrict its beam width. Also, when a circular polarized antenna is paired with a linear polarized antenna there is a 3 dB (one half power) signal loss. Cannot change the rules of physics i.e. Maxwell's equations.

Yes, that's correct, I saw the photo on the FPVLR Facebook group posted by Tony. And Frank at Carolina Dronz had supposedly been saying it was RHCP so that was one reason I chose to give the FPVLR a try. Still hoping to get my Itelite DBS by the weekend.

Just curious! Did anybody here test the video distance of the Typhoon H? How is it?

Good info. Understand that the "rubber duckey" on the ST16 and the two wire antennas projecting from the landing gear pivots (both for 2.4 GHz control) are linear polarized. What is the polarization of the 5.8 GHz clover leaf antenna on the ST16 and the CG 03+ Antenna? Thanks.
I am just an old former microwave engineer.

Left Hand

See post #6 on page 1 of this thread I started. I ordered the DBS from MaxxUAV.com and used discount code "LUCKY7" to get 7% off. Some boast that this antenna gives the greatest range and I will eventually like to see for myself unless you test it out first.

Thanks HarveyC, used the code for one also. After seeing pics of both, I like the look of the DBS option better. A case of form over function I guess :p. Hope the DBS produces similar results.

Reactions: HarveyC
I liked the looks of the FPVLR and figured they could come off and pack away in my case easily while I'm not sure about the DBS. Still, I may just keep whichever one I think performs best.

GlenT
It's refreshing to see folks with strong RF skills hanging around here. Please don't hesitate to contribute more!

Reactions: Forrestt and NFB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval