Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Do I really want one

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to your forum, not to flying though. I'm currently on my third Phantom, a 3 advanced model. I've also flown heli's, fixed wing RC's and I hold a current FAA Private Pilots license. I mention all this so you know I'm not a noob and when I ask the following questions, you can give me non noob answers.
OK, main question I'm thinking about buying a typhoon Pro instead of a Phantom 4 pro. The only trouble with this is all the negative press and reviews I find on forums like this one and reviews on Amazon. These birds seemed to be plagued with motor problems, fly a ways, drop out of the sky, that's a good one, and crashing into trees and other obsticals that its supposed to avoid.
With all the bad things I hear about Yunneks drones and then on top of all of this the bad customer service. Thats why I ask, do I really want one.
Does anyone know what the service range is, or how many bad ones get shipped out. For those of you that own the Typhoon, if you could do it all over again, would you opt for another Typhoon or a Phantom

Thanks all

Tony

Hello all, I'm new to your forum, not to flying though. I'm currently on my third Phantom, a 3 advanced model. I've also flown heli's, fixed wing RC's and I hold a current FAA Private Pilots license. I mention all this so you know I'm not a noob and when I ask the following questions, you can give me non noob answers.
OK, main question I'm thinking about buying a typhoon Pro instead of a Phantom 4 pro. The only trouble with this is all the negative press and reviews I find on forums like this one and reviews on Amazon. These birds seemed to be plagued with motor problems, fly a ways, drop out of the sky, that's a good one, and crashing into trees and other obsticals that its supposed to avoid.
With all the bad things I hear about Yunneks drones and then on top of all of this the bad customer service. Thats why I ask, do I really want one.
Does anyone know what the service range is, or how many bad ones get shipped out. For those of you that own the Typhoon, if you could do it all over again, would you opt for another Typhoon or a Phantom

Thanks all

Tony
1) The Yuneec products are very reliable from my experience, and probably 90% of the members on here will attest to the same.
2) Yuneec has probably the best customer service of all the manufacturers of pro-sumer drones on the market. Sure there are wait times on the phone, but really we live in a McDonalds world where everyone wants everything now with no patience.
3) As for negative press reviews, please post links, as we are very much fact based here vs someones word alone. Then that question can be addressed. BUT....and I say again, but....the only press that has been out there has been from DJI forums and DJI users, or DJI You-tubers that are DJI sponsored, nothing that is credible once it is researched thoroughly.
4) Yuneec is not closing down or going out of business.
5) Flyaways do happen with all makers of drones, so it is a non issue. It's rare, but it can happen with any drone.
6) What motor problems are you referring to? I have never had one. Please post a link.
7) Most crashes are user error, when in doubt, you send your flight log into Yuneec for them to look at.
8) Clipping trees etc....usually happens because people are noobs at flying a Yuneec Typhoon. They are fast, maneuver quickly, and are sensitive to the touch on the sticks. So yes, you will be a noob with a learning curve if you buy one.
9) Bad product shipped out?.......Only they know, but you don't hear much of anything about it if it does happen. What is the number of bad DJI products shipped seeing as you are a DJI user at the moment?
10) Based on all the research I did before I bought my first drone, Yuneec was the only one that did everything I wanted with a price point that was not bloated for what you got. So would I buy another, yes. I would buy a few extra if I could afford it, but life is not like that.
11) There are also guys on here that own both Yuneec and DJI, but overall, Yuneec is for me, the overall best choice.

A key selling feature for me was the fact that they are modular. So doing a repair is minutes to do, and the parts are very affordable. So what ever you buy, get what you want that will meet all of the needs you require.

Thanks all

Tony
And here is my simplified non noob answer. Buy a Yuneec. Yes I would get another. Forget the gossip. Fly and have fun.

Reactions: Uhrlto1
Thanks all
Tony
Really???? All that bad press??? It actually sounds like you are referring to DJI. I came to Yuneec from DJI for good reason. If it wasn't for Yuneec getting into the market DJI owners would still have a 30 day warranty with no place to send it for repair. Their original Q500 set a new standard for reliability, stability and service. I owned 4 of those and never had a single issue with any of them. None. I now have 2 H's with perfect flight histories. 99% of owners fall into that same category. This forum is geared toward helping with problems and the vast majority are user problems rather than equipment problems.

I wish these new people would learn how to fill out their profile before they post anything. For those of us that answer help questions, It is good to know where people are from. And to add to this conversation I have a Q500 4k. I also have alot of flight time with it. It has never let me down. Always done what I asked of it. As stated by Murray his Item #7 is spot on. Most problems are caused by user error or the lack of understanding what a certain function does. Like Smart Mode. It should have been called Dumb Mode. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Murray Martz

Thanks all

Tony
Hi Uhrlto, why shouldn't we run into problems with any drone if we don't calibrate and wait for sats and sats lock and realize that there is no obstacle avoidance when flying sideways into a tree. And not understanding time-lag when flying out of sight, just watching the ST16 screen.
To read the manual is absolutley key and not to rush take-off before all pre-flight checks. I haven't read about motorproblems on this forum which I have been into for a long time.
Many flight crashes comes from gambling with low-battery warning and some that you don't check the "battery click" before take-off. I have had my H in the air for about 18hrs, about 70 commercial flight sessions. . - so far so good..If I have a cold GPS start I always wait for minimum 13 minutes before take off and then I spin the H 360degress and check for drifting. I belive most probs comes from unexperienced pilots not doing their pre-flight homework. Best from Sweden

I made a post yesterday called Do I Really Want One, that many people answered, and I want to say thank you for thous answers. Apparently one of the moderator took offense to it before I had a chance to reply to any of the messages, so I'm hoping to post some replies here.

To Murray Martz: I liked the passion and dedication in your answers. They impressed me. You asked for my proof as to my statements made. I would have answered you with most of the bad press I was referring to was from amazon. I think I read about 42 1 star posts, none of them good, and after I filtered through what I like to call the whiners from the realist I think I ended up with about 32 posts of people who didn't have anything good to say about the Typhoon. It was from Amazon, that I saw several posts about motors not operating properly, terrible customer service, having to send in their typhoons for repair and waiting weeks on end. When a person is considering making a new investment from a product that their familiar with such as in my case DJI I want to make sure that what I'm getting will do the job properly, hence the heavy inquiry. I would also like to point out that your detailed response was just what I was looking for so since I wasn't allowed to say thank you on the other post let me say it now, thank you and I do appreciate the time you took to write it.

To Steve Carr: Mr. Carr, I hope if you have a moment to read what I wrote to Murray that will add to your question as to what I meant by all the bad press. Yes I'm aware that DJI does come away with some bad press from the early days, I should know I had one of the very first drones they produced and it was crap. They have gotten quite a bit better as the years rolled on. And it is a good thing to see another company like Yuneec enter into the marketplace to give DJI a good run for their money. Once again I will point out what I appreciate in people is the passion that they show on particular products. I ride a Suzuki LC 1500 motorcycle which looks a lot like a Harley Rd., King. I'm very proud of my bike and defend it be enormously when I'm in the presence of Harley riders, though I do it carefully if you know what I mean. I am glad to see that this form is geared towards helping with problems and I may very well be one of those people that will come up with problems as time goes on as I said I have a decision to make on platforms and that is why my inquiry was made here on this forum anyway I thank you for your reply and I appreciate what you had to say and hope you understand that I was not trying to put down the typhoon but actually was trying to get some really good advice and reviews other than what the Amazon people put out.
Oh and one more thing Mr. Carr, I've been on several forums and normally you don't receive an answer right away, it usually comes in the next day so in regards to your post about logging off without waiting for a response well that's why I did because I didn't anticipate answers that same day. I am so informed now going forward.

To PatR: To answer your question that yes I really do want one that is why I'm inquiring so heavily into the product. I don't know what a DJI shill is, but it can't be good. No, I'm definitely not trying to defame Yuneec, more just trying to understand it. When you make investments of that amount of money you want to make sure the product that you're thinking about getting is not going to end up being an expensive piece of crap. Lord knows there is a lot of drones out there now and a lot of them are just that, crap. So I will say again my inquiries were very sincere, and I need to make a decision by today which was why I was so pleased to get so many answers so quickly, even the ones that were not too friendly, LOL. Thank you again and I hope the settle things down a bit.

To Wingshooter: Again I want to say thank you for your answers in regards to my inquiry. If you're curious, I did not knows there were requirement to fill out the profile before posting, perhaps it's not but generally if that is the case I'm from Reno Nevada and I've already pointed out my skill in the area of pilotage in my original post. Your information as far as stating that most of the problems with the typhoon are of the user verity makes a lot of sense. This does look like a much more difficult machine to fly than any of the phantoms that are out there right now and I referred to the 4 3 and vision. So to cut to the chase I appreciate your two cents as you put it and look forward to other of my questions being answered down the road.

To Photo: Hello photo, your response makes a lot of sense, sat lock is probably the most important thing that you have to do with any drone prior to flying it no matter what brand it is. One of the other things that was giving me some problems with considering the typhoon is the fact that the camera system is a little more advanced on this bird then it is on the DJI phantom 4 Pro. As a videographer and a photographer one of the reasons I'm considering this platform is simply because of the unique camera system, but I also read, once again on those Amazon forums, that it's difficult to operate the camera and fly the bird at the same time. This is an issue, or I should say a non-issue with the phantom line as you can do both at the same time. So obviously I need to consider what's good and bad about both brands before I make a decision. I was very concerned about the typhoons ability to avoid obstacles as sometimes when you're filming you don't have a chance to see what might be in front of you especially if you're concentrating on your skill. This is something that the phantom 4 is supposed to do very well. Anyway I want to thank you for your in-depth answer in regards to the typhoon and I appreciate it very much.

ToRayray: I think as you can see, this was not some post or non-post post as you called it. I was really seeking information and my intentions were very very good, however I'm not too sure about yours. In my opinion I think you jumped the gun just a little bit without allowing me to go ahead and comment back to these fine people that gave me great answer. Just my opinion, a year from now this will be the pimple on the butt of an elephant, which is where I hope it goes

Last edited:
I made a post yesterday called Do I Really Want One, that many people answered, and I want to say thank you for thous answers. Apparently one of the moderator took offense to it before I had a chance to reply to any of the messages, so I'm hoping to post some replies here.

To Murray Martz: I liked the passion and dedication in your answers. They impressed me. You asked for my proof as to my statements made. I would have answered you with most of the bad press I was referring to was from amazon. I think I read about 42 1 star posts, none of them good, and after I filtered through what I like to call the whiners from the realist I think I ended up with about 32 posts of people who didn't have anything good to say about the Typhoon. It was from Amazon, that I saw several posts about motors not operating properly, terrible customer service, having to send in their typhoons for repair and waiting weeks on end. When a person is considering making a new investment from a product that their familiar with such as in my case DJI I want to make sure that what I'm getting will do the job properly, hence the heavy inquiry. I would also like to point out that your detailed response was just what I was looking for so since I wasn't allowed to say thank you on the other post let me say it now, thank you and I do appreciate the time you took to write it.

To Steve Carr: Mr. Carr, I hope if you have a moment to read what I wrote to Murray that will add to your question as to what I meant by all the bad press. Yes I'm aware that DJI does come away with some bad press from the early days, I should know I had one of the very first drones they produced and it was crap. They have gotten quite a bit better as the years rolled on. And it is a good thing to see another company like Yuneec enter into the marketplace to give DJI a good run for their money. Once again I will point out what I appreciate in people is the passion that they show on particular products. I ride a Suzuki LC 1500 motorcycle which looks a lot like a Harley Rd., King. I'm very proud of my bike and defend it be enormously when I'm in the presence of Harley riders, though I do it carefully if you know what I mean. I am glad to see that this form is geared towards helping with problems and I may very well be one of those people that will come up with problems as time goes on as I said I have a decision to make on platforms and that is why my inquiry was made here on this forum anyway I thank you for your reply and I appreciate what you had to say and hope you understand that I was not trying to put down the typhoon but actually was trying to get some really good advice and reviews other than what the Amazon people put out.
Oh and one more thing Mr. Carr, I've been on several forums and normally you don't receive an answer right away, it usually comes in the next day so in regards to your post about logging off without waiting for a response well that's why I did because I didn't anticipate answers that same day. I am so informed now going forward.

To PatR: To answer your question that yes I really do want one that is why I'm inquiring so heavily into the product. I don't know what it DJI shill, but it can't be good. Now I'm definitely not trying to defame Yuneec, more on trying to understand it. When you make investments of that amount of money you want to make sure the product that you're thinking about getting is not going to end up being an expensive piece of crap. Lord knows there is a lot of drones out there now and a lot of them are just that, crap. So I will say again my inquiries were very sincere, and I need to make a decision by today which was why I was so pleased to get so many answers so quickly, even the ones that were not too friendly, LOL. Thank you again and I hope the settle things down a bit.

To Wingshooter: Once again I want to say thank you for your answers in regards to my inquiry. If you're curious, I do not knows requirement to fill out the profile before posting, perhaps it's not but generally if that is the case I'm from Reno Nevada and I've Artie pointed out my skill in the area of pilotage in my original post. Your information as far as stating that most of the problems with the typhoon are user air makes a lot of sense. This does look like a much more difficult machine to fly than any of the phantoms that are out there right now and I referred to the 43 and vision. So to cut to the chase I appreciate your two cents as you put it and look forward to other of my questions being answered down the road.

To Photo: Hello photo, your response deathly makes a lot of sense sat lock is probably the most important thing that you have to do with any drone prior to flying it no matter what brand it is. One of the other things that was giving me some problems with considering the typhoon is the fact that the camera system is a little more advanced on this bird then it is on the DJI phantom 4 Pro. As videographer and a photographer one of the reasons I'm considering this platform is simply because of the unique camera system but I also read, once again on those Amazon forums, that it's difficult to operate the camera and fly the bird at same time. This is an issue, or I should say a non-issue with the phantom line as you can be both at the same time. So obviously I need to consider what's good and bad about both brands before I make a decision which I have to do today as I will be stated earlier. I was very concerned about the typhoons ability to avoid obstacles as sometimes when you're filming you don't have a chance to see what might be in front of you especially if you're concentrating on your skill. Anyway I want to thank you for your in-depth answer in regards to the typhoon and I appreciate it very much.

ToRayray: I think as you can see, this was not some stupid post or non-post post as you called it. I was really seeking information my intentions were very good, however I'm not too sure about yours. In my opinion I think you jump the gun just a little bit without allowing me to go ahead and comment back to these fine people they gave me an answer. Just my opinion, a year from now will be the Temple on the butt of an elephants on market worried about it anymore other than today.
I read your original post and I was unable to reply before the thread was closed.

My original thought about that post was that it was a bogus one coming from a dji fanboy looking to put down on the H, and I supported the moderator's decision to close that thread. However, based on your above follow up post I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Whether the moderators will is another matter.

As well as my TH I also fly a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, and I fly both commercially as well as for pleasure. Both are good in their own ways but my TH has proven to be far more stable and forgiving in flight than the Phantom. I do think that the camera on my H could be better but it is good enough and any shortcomings it has can easily be sorted out in post production.

Would I buy another TH? Yes. Would I buy another Phantom? Not sure.

Since I fly exclusively in VLOS my ability to see my aircraft is paramount. Simply put, My H is easier to see than my Phantom.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrightonBlue
I read your original post and I was unable to reply before the thread was closed.

My original thought about that post was that it was a bogus one coming from a dji fanboy looking to put down on the H, and I supported the moderator's decision to close that thread. However, based on you above follow up post I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Whether the moderators will is another matter.

As well as my TH I also fly a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, and I fly both commercially as well as for pleasure. Both are good in their own ways but my TH has proven to be far more stable and forgiving in flight than the Phantom. I do think that the camera on my H could be better but it is good enough and any shortcomings it has can easily be sorted out in post production.

Would I buy another one? Yes. Would I buy another Phantom? Not sure.

Since I fly exclusively in VLOS my ability to see my aircraft is paramount. Simply put, My H is easier to see than my Phantom.

that's another very good point, where I live I am inside the Reno Tahoe TCA and the Stead Airport field of operations so anytime I do anything I am literally sitting right on top of both of these controlled areas. And I do have to admit that the Phantom gets lost sometimes, which is why took mine apart and painted it bright orange. Unfortunately some of the pilots out of Stead Airport do not pay attention to the fact that they need to fly above 500 feet AGL and, I need to fly below 500 feet there were a couple of incidences some months back that were very frightening, and not caused by me as I was at 450 foot altitude. But to agree with you yes that visual line of sight is everything. As far as what the moderators think well I don't know, the fact of the matter is that if this was a court of law, I didn't get a chance to present my facts, but that may change. I'm sure that if I can't stay on this forum that there are other forms for the typhoon, but I would much rather stay here if at all possible. The people so far the ones who've answered me even though they did not know my true intentions seem to be pretty nice.

Last edited:
that's another very good point, where I live I am inside the Reno Tahoe TCA and the Stead Airport field of operations so anytime I do anything I am literally sitting right on top of both of these controlled areas. And I do have to admit that the Phantom gets lost sometimes, which is why took mine apart and painted it bright orange. Unfortunately some of the pilots out of Stead Airport do not pay attention to the fact that they need to fly above 500 feet and, I need to fly below 500 feet there were a couple of incidences some months back that were very frightening, and not caused by the as I was at 450 foot altitude. But to agree with you yes that's visual line of sight is everything. As far as what the moderators think well I don't know, the fact of the matter is that if this was a court of law, I didn't get a chance to present my facts, but that may change. I'm sure that if I can't stay on this forum that there are other forms for the typhoon, but I would much rather stay here if at all possible. The people so far the ones who've answered me even though they did not know my true intentions seem to be pretty nice.
Most folk on this forum are very good and knowledgeable. I know my onions but I've learned a lot from them. The problem is that we've had a fair share of bogus posts from 'hit & run' dji posters who have made posts not too dissimilar from your original one made with the sole intention of putting the TH into a negative light. As a consequence I suppose the moderators will be suspicious of similar like posts.

If you stick around and do buy a TH you won't find a better place than this to help you out and since yoy are an experienced pilot I have no doubt that you will help other people out here in the fullness of time.

My goodness...Much ado about very little. As for Amazon reviews, I just now took a quick look, and here's what I found.
Compare the P4 Five Star and 1 Star percentages with the Typhoon H's.
The Phantoms are good machines, as are the Typhoons. All too easy to use "DATA" to support claims I or anyone may wish to make.

P4-Amazon.JPG Typhoon-Amazon.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that these posts got combined that's good, I typically when looking for reviews on Amazon always start with the one stars. Now as I posted earlier, a lot of the one star reviews are in my opinion just whiners. A lot of people post one stars because they can't figure out how to work something, or they don't like the product, or any other number of reasons. But after you weed through those you find the ones that really did have a reason to post one star, and those are the ones I tend to listen to for any product that I buy. On the other side of the same coin a lot of the five-star reviews are people who are encouraged shall we say to write a good report so I don't always take five-star reviews for what they're worth either. Honestly I try to stay in the middle I also look at just about any other place I can find answers to get good quality information on items such as this. I could go on Amazon right now and pull down a few of their bad comments but I think we beat that horse to death and we should just let it slide from this point going forward. I've have made a decision that I'm going to go with the typhoon, and what I would like to know from anybody on the forum here what is the most recent model in the typhoon class and if you have a model number that would be greatly appreciated as well. I know my local Best Buy has one but I'm not sure it's the most recent model you can get. So that would be tremendously big help to know what I should be buying. And if anybody can post that information in the next hour I would be even more helpful

Hey guys - why are we so quick to lash out on newbies? Yes, he admits he is new to yuneec but that doesn't mean he has come just to flame or troll. Help him understand why this is a platform you love. Help us build a forum where newbies are welcome vs get slammed as soon as they post something a bit off the wall.

@Uhrlto1 , hope we can get this back on track. Asking for a comparison between brands often brings on conflict and I really prefer to avoid these kinds of posts.

Regarding the Amazon ratings, 18% of H buyers were unhappy compared to 33% unhappy with buying a P4. Nearly 2 to 1 like the Yuneec H over the P4.

Uhrito,

You gained a truck load of credibility by coming back and starting this thread. Please permit me to share some competitive system marketing background with you to clarify where those of us flying the H may be coming from.

For personal history, I have a whole bunch of multirotor experience, pretty mush with all the major consumer brands except Autel. I'm a designer, builder, and user and have been for some time. I have two H's with a total of about 190 flights between them.

One maker, DJI, has made it a point to go on widespread defamation campaigns with every new competitor's product that comes out on the market. It's not just a few people here and there or a couple of threads, but literally hundreds of people suddenly pop up in every social media forum that appears to be discussing new competitive products. It does not matter that a thread might be titled and "owners" thread, or that a product has not yet been released to the public, they are there tearing the new product apart. Generally the mis-state the so called deficiencies they are describing, or they make statements about defective components that just are not true. I can point you to one forum where they have so much control over the owner that a thread specifically titled Typhoon H Owners features a video and caption from a DJI Phantom as the featured image. They have done this on Facebook, You Tube, RCG, YuneecPilots, YuneecForum, and any other location where a group of people gather to discuss non DJI products. They've done this with 3DR, Yuneec, and Autel.

The purpose is to promote DJI, and only DJI, at the expense of the other brand names. It does not matter that they lie, distort, "misspeak" misrepresent or anything else. They don't care as long as the letters DJI are in the public eye as many times as possible. The game is to control the market and to make one man very, very wealthy. The company has even gone so far as to retain the best sUAS attorney the multirotor community ever had to attempt reshaping U.S. airspace and equipment requirement laws to their advantage. If you take the time to read all the disclaimers that come with a new DJI product you might begine to see what I'm talking about.

The Typhoon H is extremely reliable and does exactly what it was designed to do. It is a line of sight aircraft, which is clearly stated in the documentation. It provides pretty darn good video, handles wind better than any other consumer drone on the market, is fast when you want it to be, has what I consider to be one of the best, if not THE best, gimbal on the consumer drone market, and is quite maneuverable. If you lose a motor it does not fall out of the sky. As one that has experienced two motor failures since I started flying multirotors, both of which were on aircraft having 6 or more motors, I can tell you it's quite reassuring to know you'll be able to fly back if you lose a prop, motor, or ESC. The H is easy to operate if you have a little bit of experience but it can be a handful (meaning user over load) for someone that bought an H to be their first drone or for someone that is used to flying fully automated aircraft. For people that have to rely on auto take off and auto land they'll need to spend a few minutes leaning to do something the haven't done before, actually fly. It IS NOT a tap the screen to take off, fly, and land aircraft, it's a pilot's aircraft. If you are not blind, tactility deficient, and uncoordinated you can learn the H. Those willing to spend an hour or so learning about the aircraft and systems before putting one in the air have few problems. Are they 100% perfect 100% of the time? Nope, and neither is anything else, but at least Yuneec is there for the customer when things are not as they should be. You can even call Yuneec on Saturdays.

The brand new user group is where I estimate 95% of the problem reports originate, but many so called problem reports are simply lies that DJI shills make up and post in locations where the maximum number of people will see them. Brand new fliers have no experience or understanding, don't bother to read documentation included with the H, don't bother to watch any of the You Tube videos that well describe how to make use of different functions, blindly try to install firmware upgrades, missing critical steps that brick their systems, and try to land like a baseball player sliding into home plate, breaking the landing gear. They also fail to assure the battery is fully seated in the aircraft before they take off, they disrupt the accelerometer start up self checks by moving the H around while it's booting up, don't wait for satellite acquisition, if they even bother to look at the satellite counts before arming the motors. Some are so foolish they try to trigger RTH as soon as the system reports a GPS failure. That almost defines stupid. They try to fly the batteries so long they no longer have enough voltage to power the system and complain about flight time when they spent the last 8-10 minutes pretending to be Mario Andretti. In a word, they are blatantly ignorant. Quite often they are inept as well. I can point to 10+ posts in less than 5 minutes that illustrate what I'm describing. Take a moment and consider all the possible ways an operator can force their aircraft to screw up. There are a great many and most that screw the pooch make it a point to leave out a lot of what they were doing and how they did it before things went wrong. Most all of them blame the aircraft when the truth, which they don't want to face, would put the blame squarely on them. It's pretty easy to recognize the lies that are created by leaving out items critical to the reason for a crash.

So while all the above is taking place they break their aircraft or brick their ST-16. Guess what? Yuneec, being the wonderful company they are, generally takes care of the problem under warranty at no cost aside from shipping to the customer. You call them up, send them a copy of the telemetry files, and they get back to you one way or another. Don't try that with DJI, they don't provide anywhere near the level of customer service Yuneec does, and Yuneec has been providing that level of customer service for a very long time.

So, DJI either pays, encourages, or leverages a great many people to promote DJI in every way possible, up to and including berating, demeaning, and attacking other competitive products. Yuneec does not have or use such methods. Their sales are based more upon customer satisfaction and word of mouth. Your first post in the original thread checked off just about every box that would qualify you as another of those DJI people. Glad you came back and clarified. So, if you want something that works like a DJI system, the H is not for you. However, if you want an aircraft that will let you fly it pretty any way you want to fly it, and anywhere you want to fly it without needing to get company permissions, the H might be something you'll like. Unlike DJI, who seems to think they still own the aircraft after you paid for it, Yuneec provides a means for owners to obtain an NFZ waiver. For amateurs there are still some limits close to the center of an active NFZ, which has proven to be a good thing. For those with a commercial waiver there are zero limitations. Zero, nada, none, zilch.

Last edited:
[
Thank you Pat, that was without a doubt incredibly informative. And that's exactly what I needed to hear and fully understand. I'm also happy that I bought back some credibility as you said and everybody knows now that I'm not just some crazed idiot with a phantom, trying to shake up the forum. I should probably tell you that the only reason that I continued in the DJI line was simply because of the fact I didn't really know anything else existed. now don't get me wrong, I knew there were other drones out there I mean I saw them met Toys "R" Us when I was buying stuff for my grandkids but nothing with the size and girth of the typhoon. And it wasn't until I was recently at a Fry's electronics down in Sacramento that I saw I think you call the typhoon and H, well I saw the typhoon and said wow that's a huge platform to fly from. This is what started my initial interest in this particular drone. I had no idea that the way I wrote the first post was going to come off the way it did. I mean I honestly thought the way I worded things prove that I was pretty sincere about just wanting information. This is a very good case in point were sometimes the written word cannot indicate the inflection of the words, if you know of what I mean. Your final paragraph about DJI basically wanting to control the aircraft even after you buy it is also another reason why I was considering the H. Just as I'm sure I could stir a big turd pool up by saying that android phones are better than iPhones. Trust me I'm not going to go there, LOL. However a good point is made in regards to the iPhone that it truly is not yours even after you buy it because Apple wants to dominate its software, that must be why I own an android phone, and tablet.

Truly after looking over everything I went ahead and made a purchase from Amazon for the Typhoon H Pro I think is what it's called. Best Buy had one in my hometown but it did not come with all the extra goodies that Amazon through in such as an extra two batteries something called a magic controller, a lot of things a don't fully understand yet but I'm sure I will in a few days. And I want to thank you again for taking the time to write an informative article for me to look at. I'm sure that will grow to be friends on the forum here because I will undoubtedly have tons of questions, not so much with the actual flying because even flying the DJI phantom I don't use the touch to take off, I kind a like the manual take off their a little more exciting. And being a regular private pilot I've learned over the years that you do things on a continual basis to keep you sharp whether you're flying an airplane, riding a motorcycle or driving the car. I'll take my time with the new bird and learn everything I can and while I'm waiting all have an opportunity now to watch several of the YouTube videos that are out there. So once again I want to thank you and I wish you a good day and I'm sure like I said I'll be communicating again as soon as the new drone arrives.

Tony

When you get it give me a call if you have questions. I'm just a little south of you in Calaveras County. Every maker of consumer drones brings good stuff to the table, and they can differ considerably in how they are used.

Reactions: Robert Brooks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li