Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Do NOT calibrate your compass !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is there is an MD line that goes through Colorado separating two different Declination areas. I wouldn't worry about that line though as its a guideline and the difference from one side to the other isn't like "time zones" You aren't going to be off. I've flown on each side of it without doing a CC and it flew fine.

I live at 5800' ASL and have flown at nearly 11,000', have changed locations by several hundred miles and didn't redo my CC (unless it was drifting) with no issues.

Hah! I live 3' ASL :) We visit Colorado fairly regularly and it would be a stunning place to fly and film. There's no way I'd try and get my H in through US customs from the UK though - never mind recalibrating the compass after. :D

Reactions: Dragonflyerthom
Hey DC, did you battery charge enough to test out the bird yet? Can you confirm the OBS toggle positions on the controller for realsense detection and just using the OBS sensors if you do? Thanks

Hey DC, did you battery charge enough to test out the bird yet? Can you confirm the OBS toggle positions on the controller for realsense detection and just using the OBS sensors if you do? Thanks
It charged to 94%, but when I woke up this morning it died off again, I am doing a trickle charge instead of a rapid, but looks like Tuesday before I get the new one from Y-USA, But I will let you know then ! Fly Safely !

It charged to 94%, but when I woke up this morning it died off again, I am doing a trickle charge instead of a rapid, but looks like Tuesday before I get the new one from Y-USA, But I will let you know then ! Fly Safely !

Oh man that sucks sorry to hear it.. Anxious to hear how it flies with the realsense module on it.

Maybe try the Wizard, DC?
Can I fly and film with just the wizard? never tried that Ray ! Curious, but I haven't even been able to turn on the ST16/H with ST16 to do my Compass Calibration after I updated the H the day I got it back !
Hey! your close ! can you use your 16 to test my Pro and show me how the RS works? :rolleyes:

Beautiful this morning temperature 65 here in the hot state of Arkansas. DC that might have been the problem with that ST 16 to begin with DC maybe a slow charge would be better for it if it takes it

I personally don't need a controller to tell me my compass needs calibration, I can tell by the way it handles ! Also, lately alot of people have been getting compass errors on the latest firmwares, Is the compass bad? did they calibrate after upgrading? Is the warning a error in itself? Too many variables my friend !;)

The controller will tell you there is a problem before take off.

You're getting a little worked up over this one DC, breath ;-) Everyone has an opinion.

The controller will tell you there is a problem before take off.

You're getting a little worked up over this one DC, breath ;-) Everyone has an opinion.
Including me! Right! I wasn't the one telling them, they were telling me ! I am out of this thread for 4 month and they throw it at me again, I have breathed and I am fine, Thanks my Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin