Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Do You Wonder About Wind Speed?

In really brisk winds the H in hover will be tilting into the wind. Don’t fight this condition by trying to level the aircraft before touch down. Touching down level in a lot of wind is a good way to experience a roll over.

Instead, use the forward tilt to your advantage (assuming the H is facing into the wind) and gently descend and let the skid tips touch down first, then ease back on the right stick to “roll” the aft portion of the skids onto the ground.

Having the nose into the wind minimizes the need to chase and correct roll and yaw, reducing your workload.

Instead, use the forward tilt to your advantage (assuming the H is facing into the wind) and gently descend and let the skid tips touch down first, then ease back on the right stick to “roll” the aft portion of the skids onto the ground.

I have a friend who flies A-Star A350 helis for a med evac company. This is exactly how they land the A350. Lands on the rear of one skid and rolls down onto the other skid.

Or you can hand catch it if it that unstable.

I will hand launch and hand catch in very windy conditions rather than take the risk of toppling over.

Reactions: Phaedrus
New but learning quickly.

An’ the Gust-uns ‘at gits you
Ef you don’t watch out!

A drone in the hand is worth two in the bush

I will hand launch and hand catch in very windy conditions rather than take the risk of toppling over.
I take it you must a have tray to hold ST16 in? Not enough hands for me, I don't have a strap even.

Trays are the only way to go!! The ST16S is not very easy to hold while trying to work gimbals, etc. Ty's tray looks great I use an old tray from RC flying and I cannot imagine not using one!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my