Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anyone know how to fly drones at NO FLY ZONE?

In what NFZ do you want to fly your drone? What in the area makes it a NFZ?

GPS is not totally disabled, it just isn’t used for stabilized flight. If you are in a NFZ, it still knows it.

Are the motors disabled, or are you just altitude limited? Where are you trying to fly?

In what NFZ do you want to fly your drone? What in the area makes it a NFZ?

I live near the airport.
The park near my house is also NFZ.
I have to go a long way to get out of NFZ.
I have switched to smart mode to operate it manually, but it is meaningless.

Are you in the US?

I don’t know exactly where you are located in Korea, but besides airports there is a lot of special use airspace due to the military situation there. I would suggest using AirMap for iOS or Android to get a better idea of what is actually restricting your flight.

I don’t know exactly where you are located in Korea, but besides airports there is a lot of special use airspace due to the military situation there. I would suggest using AirMap for iOS or Android to get a better idea of what is actually restricting your flight.

Thx.
I have a question. No flight is possible even when GPS is switched off and in smart mode.
is it impossible originally?

The Smart Mode of flight requires a GPS lock and GPS must remain enabled while in Smart Mode. If GPS is lost while using Smart Mode you must switch to Angle Mode to retain control.

You can fly in Angle Mode with the GPS disabled, but the craft is more difficult to maintain position as the GPS is not assisting. The GPS will still know your position for NFZ. In the US you can get a firmware update to disable the NFZ’s when you provide proof to Yuneec that you have a commercial UAS pilot certificate. You may have a similar option in Korea. Try contacting Yuneec.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
In the US you would need to be 8 km from the airport to be out of the airport's NFZ... but as suggested, you will need to use some tools to map out where you can fly locally. Check local restrictions as well... it's a fun hobby but discussions with the authorities sometimes does not help the situation.

The purpose of no fly zone software is to prevent flight in a no fly zone. It sounds like yours is working properly. Move to a different location outside of the no fly zone.

The purpose of no fly zone software is to prevent flight in a no fly zone. It sounds like yours is working properly. Move to a different location outside of the no fly zone.

ROFL.... yeah because government charts are always right.... HA HA that is a hoot!!!

How about checking the NFZ is actually legit, its probably just of one of the common mistakes made by those compiling the NFZ's.

A NFZ is a NFZ apparently no matter where you are. In Korea, I would not want to be doing anything you shouldn't because of the number of military installations there. You may have to travel a distance to be away from what is stopping you. Won't be a bad thing because the scenery will probably be better too. I wrote to Yuneec and asked to have the No Fly restriction removed from my Q. They sent me a small update that will do so after I signed a document saying that anything that now happened would be my responsibility. To be honest, I have yet to install it. In the USA, the No Fly Zones are controlled by the FAA. Sometimes, it is foolish. I have a location at a lake I like to practice at. A man living nearby wanted to buy a seaplane and had his home registered as an airport. There are no planes, never were and that house is still surrounded by a 5 mile NFZ. Perhaps, Yuneec also has an update for the H that would do the same thing? Without it, you will have to travel to fly it. There is no way I know of to force it to work.

ROFL.... yeah because government charts are always right.... HA HA that is a hoot!!!

How about checking the NFZ is actually legit, its probably just of one of the common mistakes made by those compiling the NFZ's.

I am sure if you check the proper charts for S Korea you will find much of the northern portion of the country is covered with special use airspace. I’m sure the entire free world is much better off with that being the case at the present time. When you have an arrogant egomaniacal dictator that is poised to destroy others on a whim in the country just north of your border.

The situation there is a lot different than the farmer in the US having his pasture designated as an airfield. Those are from an earlier era when a lot of planes were used to control weeds and pests via aerial spraying. I think you will find that the NFZ’s in the firmware are around larger tower controlled airports that will be covered by the LAANC system in the near future, as well as military use areas. In the US you should be more concerned with towns, counties, and states banning flights of sUAS craft when they don’t have jurisdiction over the airspace.

The OP clearly knows where he is relative to the airport and that seems to support a legitimate NFZ

My house is only 6km from the airport.

A NFZ is a NFZ apparently no matter where you are. In Korea, I would not want to be doing anything you shouldn't because of the number of military installations there. You may have to travel a distance to be away from what is stopping you. Won't be a bad thing because the scenery will probably be better too. I wrote to Yuneec and asked to have the No Fly restriction removed from my Q. They sent me a small update that will do so after I signed a document saying that anything that now happened would be my responsibility. To be honest, I have yet to install it. In the USA, the No Fly Zones are controlled by the FAA. Sometimes, it is foolish. I have a location at a lake I like to practice at. A man living nearby wanted to buy a seaplane and had his home registered as an airport. There are no planes, never were and that house is still surrounded by a 5 mile NFZ. Perhaps, Yuneec also has an update for the H that would do the same thing? Without it, you will have to travel to fly it. There is no way I know of to force it to work.
@Sea Wolf
The seaplane airport is non towered and will not have NFZ around it. How close are you to a Towered Airport (ATC)? so you can fly without any issues.

Might be easier if the OP named the airport. Yuneec published a list of their NFZ’s around the world, and over all it’s a pretty short list.

You could call the airport and or get an exemption.i have the same problem! I called the tower commander and they said keep it under 50 feet.o r you could practice you landings or manual hovering,or photo image alters.thats what I do.good luck...

You could call the airport and or get an exemption.i have the same problem! I called the tower commander and they said keep it under 50 feet.o r you could practice you landings or manual hovering,or photo image alters.thats what I do.good luck...
Rory,
If the H does not have NFZ software installed, it will not even start within ATC perimeters and certain NFZ areas.

Last edited:
In the U.S. Yuneec provides methods for obtaining NFZ software relaxation or outright removal, depending on your commercial or amateur status. As the U.S. has regulations in place that separate the two classes Yuneec developed a process that serves each class for those that desire to apply for it.

I do not know anything about Korean airspace rules but from a logic perspective it would make sense to call the Yuneec service center serving the area to ask them if similar programs are available for the location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone