Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anyone use the alternate "Modes" for the ST16 Joysticks?

Reaction score
Hey folks...

I've been flying my H for a while now and continue to feel like I'm just not intuitively feeling like I have control. Granted, I could continue to practice, but for some reason my brain just thinks that my right hand should be controlling the direction of flight (yes, I am right-handed).

So I thought about switching modes via the settings on the ST16 from Mode 2 (default), to Mode 4....see screenshot below

Mode%20Select.jpeg

So my question is...will I be shooting myself in the foot later if I get used to (and comfortable with) flying this way and then buy a new drone at some point and have to "unlearn" it if that new drone does not allow for the same customization? I guess what I am asking....is the default mode (Mode 2) sort of the industry standard and would it be better for me to just stay with it and try to get proficient with it? It's sort of like this Ergonomic keyboard that I'm using. Once I got used to it, it's hard for me to type on a regular keyboard. But you can't crash a keyboard, so that's why I'm asking for opinions here!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or insights!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt