Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does Yuneec make high altitude props for the typhoon H?

Reaction score
Hello, I live at 10,000 feet in Colorado. My Typhoon H dose fly okay up here but really uses up the battery fast, less than 10 minutes. Dose anyone make high altitude props for the H? Also does anyone know the maximum elevation the H can operate at? Thanks

Okay, thanks for the info. I wonder if it is set up like the Q500 where the motors won’t turn on at a preset elevation. My Q500 is set at 8,000 ft. Above sea level. The Typhoon H does fly well up here at 10k but has a few quirks not apparent at lower altitudes. When landing you need to keep the left stick pulled down to keep it on the ground and reach over with your right hand and press the motor stop button. If you just release the left stick after touching down the H will start to throttle back up and can tip over. This same thing happened to me when flying at high elevation near Taos Mountain in New Mexico.

Reactions: jjoiner31
When landing you need to keep the left stick pulled down to keep it on the ground
Hold the stick in this position for 20 seconds or so and all should be fine. The motors will slow down noticeable. Be ready to put a full-throttle if I'm not right. Depends of the version of the firmvare there are some issues, esecially with RealSense installed. One of them is impossibility to land, which is probably resolved in the last FW version.

where the motors won’t turn on at a preset elevation.
I don't know about restrictions like this one for the H. The ceiling comes from the balance between the sum of trust from all propellers and the weight of the copter with the payload.

Reactions: Thecloth
Ups, just mentioned. In the final approach use the rabbit position of the limiting slider (the right one). Here is a mistake in the ST16 firmware and the slider limits all in both sides.

... and release the stick slowly!

Ups, just mentioned. In the final approach use the rabbit position of the limiting slider (the right one). Here is a mistake in the ST16 firmware and the slider limits all in both sides.

... and release the stick slowly!
That sounds good, I’ll put the slider on the rabbit, I know that it was in the middle position when I landed last time. I will also try waiting at least the 20 seconds to allow the motors to slow down. Thanks for the advice!

That sounds good, I’ll put the slider on the rabbit, I know that it was in the middle position when I landed last time. I will also try waiting at least the 20 seconds to allow the motors to slow down. Thanks for the advice!
This document Guide to reading Flightlog data UPDATED 1/28/21 will help explain why the rate slider should be in Rabbit during the landing sequence. It is a little counterintuitive that Rabbit will stop the drone from hopping on landing.

Reactions: NWSaint
I have 1-Set of Maytech Carbon Fiber Props left in stock, that is probably the Only Alternative available.
The Air is pretty thin at 10,000 feet, the Carbon Fiber Props won't flatten out like the OEM Props, it may Help a little.
Link to Carbon Fiber Props,

Some theory related to the topic.

A PROPELLER DESIGN AND ANALYSIS CAPABILITY EVALUATION FOR HIGH ALTITUDE APPLICATION

in the attachment.

Attachments

• 39668395.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 22
I have 1-Set of Maytech Carbon Fiber Props left in stock, that is probably the Only Alternative available.
The Air is pretty thin at 10,000 feet, the Carbon Fiber Props won't flatten out like the OEM Props, it may Help a little.
Link to Carbon Fiber Props,
Thanks for the information.?

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Okay, thanks for the info. I wonder if it is set up like the Q500 where the motors won’t turn on at a preset elevation. My Q500 is set at 8,000 ft. Above sea level. The Typhoon H does fly well up here at 10k but has a few quirks not apparent at lower altitudes. When landing you need to keep the left stick pulled down to keep it on the ground and reach over with your right hand and press the motor stop button. If you just release the left stick after touching down the H will start to throttle back up and can tip over. This same thing happened to me when flying at high elevation near Taos Mountain in New Mexico.
I have a Q500 and I am in the Sangre De Cristo mountains .

is there any way around the 8,000 ft. Limits?

Is there anyway around the 8,000 ft. Limit on the Q500?

There is a special FW for the Q500 that has the 8000ft limitation removed: Q500_v1.07_10_05_2015_no_max_altitude.bin

Here you can download it:

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval