Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drifting issues.

Reaction score
Hi guys.
3 days ago my H+ started drifting.
I calibrated it before the flight as usual, did the usual dues.
Any one knows of this problem or has any advise on how to check the gps to see if its functioning.
Please advise

Drifting is usually caused by unwanted right stick output when it needs cleaning, and is a common problem on the St-16, so probably the + as well. Have you checked the stick outputs in the hardware monitor / channel settings to make sure they are responsive and not sluggish or inconsistent there ?

Last edited:
Reactions: biltno and Ty Pilot
No.
If I got it right, I need to do this how often?
And the sticks are responsive.

What AeroJ meant to include is: “using hardware monitor, do the sticks consistently return to zero?”

If not, a sure sign they need cleaning.

Check the how-to threads, search, et al on cleaning.

Good luck.

Jeff

No.
I needed to do it right after I received my H in April. I had crosstalk between channels where I would yaw and the craft moved. I needed to clean it 3-4 times to fix it, but haven't had to do it since. The theory is that it was probably stored in a moist warehouse where corrosion formed on the stick gimbal surfaces.

No.
BTW, I have had my H for about 2 years and flewn 40-50hrs, w/o any need the clean the the sticks.
Best from Sweden

I Know I am late to the party but this past Wednesday I went to the field and upon take-off, the craft started to tip so; I just went full power to get off the ground. Upon reaching about ten feet I released the sticks and she was moving forward at a walking speed. I brought it back and hand landed it and went into the RC Monitor and sure enough - had about 12% forward at idle, 75% forward was max and 50% was max to the rear. Drove home, disassembled the ST-16s and removed the right stick and gave it several good shots of cleaner. Let it sit for about three minutes and then hit it with some compressed air and reassembled. Good as new.

Check them sticks!

Cleaner.jpg

I used the little hole in the back covered by a rubber grommet. I believe that's what they are there for. Mine cleared up immediately, but came back twice in the next week. After the third time though, I guess I got all the corrosion, since it has been 6 months and it hasn't come back again.

Reactions: rdonson
I had also encountered this problem (on the H) of drift caused by a zero shift of one of the heats. I just calibrated the ST16.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Even though these systems are relatively cheap, they are very complex and rely on lots of 'moving' parts so to speak; both actual and electronic, to work flawlessly. And it is in fact; that the parts inside these systems are sourced to be as inexpensive as possible to keep the final price low that they tend to need a little more attention. I have a regular Typhoon H with hundreds of flights that never needed anything, yet the Plus did.

The best and most reliable part of any of the Yuneec models is - this forum. ;)

Even though these systems are relatively cheap, they are very complex and rely on lots of 'moving' parts so to speak; both actual and electronic, to work flawlessly. And it is in fact; that the parts inside these systems are sourced to be as inexpensive as possible to keep the final price low that they tend to need a little more attention. I have a regular Typhoon H with hundreds of flights that never needed anything, yet the Plus did.

The best and most reliable part of any of the Yuneec models is - this forum. ;)
**** right about that.
Dedicated people like us sharing thoughts and issues not for money but to get better at what we do.
Nothing is stronger than the heart of someone who cares.
That is the #1 most powerful thing on this whole world of drones.
Us.
We make it the world, our own world.
No one can touch or take it from us.
Be proud.

Reactions: Agent Smith
What AeroJ meant to include is: “using hardware monitor, do the sticks consistently return to zero?”

If not, a sure sign they need cleaning.

Check the how-to threads, search, et al on cleaning.

Good luck.

Jeff
I have drift issues from time to time. A total calibration has always fixed my issues.

I have drift issues from time to time. A total calibration has always fixed my issues.

Tread cautiously... it is recommended that you first check the movements of controls in Hardware Monitor, and clean if there is any indication of delayed or limited, deflection or return. The calibration process operates on the assumption that any physical issues have been addressed.

If the calibration is performed on hardware that still has dirt or oxidation, the calibration process can make the problem worse, not better.

**** right about that.
Dedicated people like us sharing thoughts and issues not for money but to get better at what we do.
Nothing is stronger than the heart of someone who cares.
That is the #1 most powerful thing on this whole world of drones.
Us.
We make it the world, our own world.
No one can touch or take it from us.
Be proud.
:)

Hey guys, I'm back with some good news.
All this drifting issue finally came to an end.
This morning I flew it again with the H+ still unable to hold it position (drifting)
I switched it to poi to check if the drifting problem will effect it, and bam problem's gone.
Thanks for all the good advice and tips.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ernst