Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H or Typhoon Pro Help

I removed, cleaned and reversed the two stick pots. I cleaned all of the connection points on both ends of the pot wires & put it all back together.
Even though it is extremely windy today I did a quick test fly and everything seemed to work great...not sure about the incorrect altimeter reading but will check on that when the wind dies down some...all of the other problems listed above have been corrected and all of that is working great.
Thanks for all the help with this. I really do appreciate the time and expertise shown to me.

The altimeter can be a bit flakey before the motors are armed. Once they are armed that should set the launch site as zero altitude. Also realize that as the interior of the aircraft gets warmer it will result in a lower ambient pressure and display as a slightly higher altitude than what it actually is.

The other thing to be aware of is that there is a metric/imperial switch in System Settings, Other Settings that changes altitude and speed readouts.

Reactions: Synthetic
The wind dropped some so I went out and gave it a test...everything went well except the altitude indicator seemed to have a mind of its own.
On the ground without moving the alt kept changing... -0.1 feet, -0.3 feet, -1.1 feet, -2.0 feet, -3.5 feet ect..ect..ect... seemed to just wander up and down without moving at all. I did get a "Do Compass Calibration" message all of a sudden so I did another compass calibration.

Any ideas what would be causing the altitude reading to just do what it wants to do?
Thanks

The wind dropped some so I went out and gave it a test...everything went well except the altitude indicator seemed to have a mind of its own.
On the ground without moving the alt kept changing... -0.1 feet, -0.3 feet, -1.1 feet, -2.0 feet, -3.5 feet ect..ect..ect... seemed to just wander up and down without moving at all. I did get a "Do Compass Calibration" message all of a sudden so I did another compass calibration.

Any ideas what would be causing the altitude reading to just do what it wants to do?
Thanks
Did the altitude change unreasonably while in the air?

The altimeter can be a bit flakey before the motors are armed. Once they are armed that should set the launch site as zero altitude. Also realize that as the interior of the aircraft gets warmer it will result in a lower ambient pressure and display as a slightly higher altitude than what it actually is.

The other thing to be aware of is that there is a metric/imperial switch in System Settings, Other Settings that changes altitude and speed readouts.
Thanks...I will pay closer attention and see what happens and when.

If the baro sensor stops in the air this will produce a crash landing. Erratic values are not normal. If on the land you see abnormally unstable values, better is to not use the copter until repair it.

If the baro sensor stops in the air this will produce a crash landing. Erratic values are not normal. If on the land you see abnormally unstable values, better is to not use the copter until repair it.
Thank you.

On the ground without moving the alt kept changing... -0.1 feet, -0.3 feet, -1.1 feet, -2.0 feet, -3.5 feet ect..ect..ect... seemed to just wander up and down without moving at all.
Were those readings happening with the motors armed or disarmed?

I would suggest doing the accelerometer calibration. If that does not make any improvement in the altitude readings, then I would remove the top shell and remove the F/C board, clean the contact pins with the 90% alcohol, and reseat it. Be sure to check for dust buildup on and around the foam that filters the air getting to the barometer chip on the F/C board.

Last edited:
We’re those readings happening with the motors armed or disarmed?

I would suggest doing the accelerometer calibration. If that does not make any improvement in the altitude readings, then I would remove the top shell and remove the F/C board, clean the contact pins with the 90% alcohol, and reseat it. Be sure to check for dust buildup on and around the foam that filters the air getting to the barometer chip on the F/C board.
The altitude reading jumps around while on the ground whether or not the motors are spinning....any where from -.1 to 3.0 but when it is in the air it no longer jumps around. Seems like it is ok while in the air....earlier while in the air it was showing the altitude may -4 feet when it was 20 feet in the air but this time (after everything I have done to it...it seemed pretty much right on. Now it just seems like while on the ground is the only time it is varying on its own.

PS I did do the accelerometer calibration

Unstable reading on the ground is normal if the condition is windy. Also, if the propellers are spinning but the copter is still on the ground, the altitude will be shown as slightly lower than it is. Get the copter in your hands and move it up and down and watch the altitude. If everything is correct you'll get correct values. The baro sensor information is parsed together with the IMU readings. A defective baro will produce a No GPS Fix. Usually, it shows a fast dropping in the altitude value, which after that freezes at some negative point.

Unstable reading on the ground is normal if the condition is windy. Also, if the propellers are spinning but the copter is still on the ground, the altitude will be shown as slightly lower than it is. Get the copter in your hands and move it up and down and watch the altitude. If everything is correct you'll get correct values. The baro sensor information is parsed together with the IMU readings. A defective baro will produce a No GPS Fix. Usually, it shows a fast dropping in the altitude value, which after that freezes at some negative point.
Vaklin, I will do that and see what readings I get...
Thank you.

Look at these Dudes, theyre here Day after day, Year after year to help us!!! I had the same control problems a couple yrs back and I did what they said and problem gone. You guys are truly Heros after helping all these people. You deserve an Award of some sort. Ill try and design something, Maybe a virtual award cause Im sure You would hate a monetary award. Thanks again for all the help throughout the Years
Richie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook