Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone fell out of sky.

Reaction score
I have at Typhoon H. Couple weeks ago, I started to fly it, it was up about 30ft in air and all of a sudden the motors turned off. It came crashing down to ground. Broke 3 of the arms, landing gear and camera. I had a good battery ( full charge) and good signal from controller and satellites.

I have tried to get in touch with Yuneec to get this malfunction looked at but the website has changed. I've emailed them at to different address and they have changed their phone number.

Can someone tell me how I can get in touch with them?

Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: AussieCate
If the drone is still under warranty, you can contact Vertigo Drones at "Yuneec, Typhoon, H520, Autel, Evo, DJI, Matrice, Phantom, Autel, Evo Drones and Repair Services for Police, Fire, Inspection, Survey"

If the drone is not under warranty and you need assistance with parts and repair, I recommend John Mitchell at "YUNEEC SKINS".

If you want to repair it yourself, this Forum can provide analysis and repair guidance. Let us know as much as you can about the event as you saw it. And upload your flightlogs for review.
There are instructions for how to upload the flight logs in Attachment 57 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF attached to "Way To Fix Drones project" if you need them.

I purchased this used about 6 months ago. The guy i bought it from kept it up to date and service regularly. I am new to all this . I would need to instructions on how to download flight logs.

I talked with the guy I bought it from and he said it sounds like it had a malfunction.

I would need to instructions on how to download flight logs.

As mentioned above, there are instructions for how to upload the flight logs in Attachment 57 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF attached to "Way To Fix Drones project".

Click on the red words "Way To Fix Drones project" (It's a "link"). Open the PDF you will find in that post. Scroll down the menu to find "Attachment 57". Click on either the attachment title or attachment number. It will jump to the instructions.

99% of the time is because the battery was not fully inserted. Did you check the battery after that to see what percentage you have left on that battery? A log file will reveal what happened. You can upload the log file here and we can look at it and let you know what happened.

99% of the time is because the battery was not fully inserted. Did you check the battery after that to see what percentage you have left on that battery? A log file will reveal what happened. You can upload the log file here and we can look at it and let you know what happened.
Yep, battery slip out...did you hear the "click" after pushing in the battery? The other thing to do is pull on the battery to make sure it's properly seated.

I had similar occurrence, battery was fully engaged, locked in, verified in pre-flight. Turned out to be a bad battery. Mine fell from 115', not pretty. John Mitchell has it right now.

• Sad
I had similar occurrence, battery was fully engaged, locked in, verified in pre-flight. Turned out to be a bad battery. Mine fell from 115', not pretty. John Mitchell has it right now.
Hmmm, no warning whatsoever on the transmitter GUI?

Hmmm, no warning whatsoever on the transmitter GUI?

Less than 60 seconds into flight, got low battery warning, 5 seconds later, it was down. Got 4 batteries with drone. That was the first time that I flew with that battery. Battery was fresh off charge. Just like other 3 batteries, showed 16.4 volts at launch. John Mitchell is going to check flight log and let me know what it shows.

I have at Typhoon H. Couple weeks ago, I started to fly it, it was up about 30ft in air and all of a sudden the motors turned off. It came crashing down to ground. Broke 3 of the arms, landing gear and camera. I had a good battery ( full charge) and good signal from controller and satellites.

I have tried to get in touch with Yuneec to get this malfunction looked at but the website has changed. I've emailed them at to different address and they have changed their phone number.

Can someone tell me how I can get in touch with them?

Thanks
GOOD LUCK

Yes, my battery was seated securely. even after it fell out of the sky, it was locked into place. There was no sign of lose battery. Controller was reading 16.4 volts.

Attachments

• FlightLog compressed.zip
    18.7 MB · Views: 13
Was this flight on 09/07/20 about 1PM?
Flight #26 at that time and date was about 30 seconds and reached an altitude in the 30 ft range. And ended with an abrupt cessation of data.
There were two periods of data recorded within the few minutes following the crash. Do you remember restarting the drone?

There is a timeskip at the beginning of the files from 14h to 13h. I think this is because of time "correction" in ST16 by GPS time. ST16 cannot handle daylight-saving time correctly. We can ignore that.
Flight 00026 is a typical example of this cases where all went normal, no indications for problems or errors. But telemetry ends abrupt like total power down or processor shut down.

In the past this was often due to not locked battery as @geogero already said.

br HE

Was this flight on 09/07/20 about 1PM?
Flight #26 at that time and date was about 30 seconds and reached an altitude in the 30 ft range. And ended with an abrupt cessation of data.
There were two periods of data recorded within the few minutes following the crash. Do you remember restarting the drone?
Yes, I believe that was the time.
And yes, In order to get what was left of the landing gear down so it could put it back in to the case, I had to power it on twice. Controller was on with landing gear in down position. As i tried to move it down, the drone shutdown on me twice before i was able to get it into place.
The drone fell on its side when it hit the ground. I picked it up, took it in the house, and sit it on the table. After a few minutes of scratching my head, I packed it up. That is when i had to get the landing gear down to pack it in the case.

There is a timeskip at the beginning of the files from 14h to 13h. I think this is because of time "correction" in ST16 by GPS time. ST16 cannot handle daylight-saving time correctly. We can ignore that.
Flight 00026 is a typical example of this cases where all went normal, no indications for problems or errors. But telemetry ends abrupt like total power down or processor shut down.

In the past this was often due to not locked battery as @geogero already said.

br HE
Yes, I had traveled into a new time zone .

These maneuvers were a couple of seconds before power was lost. These maneuvers are prime candidates for loosening a battery that is not fully latched. The picture above shows a broken front right arm. An impact near the front during the mayhem of crash can easily reseat a loose battery due to the momentum of the battery itself. These observations would imply the battery was not securely latched at take-off.
Maneuvers.jpg

However, you also mentioned the drone powered down by itself twice while you were trying to lower the landing gear for storage. That part does shed some doubt on the above observation. We will need to resolve that before the next flight.

The good part is the damage appears to be fairly minimal. You've come to the right place to get help with the repairs.

Ok,, so if what you are saying about the battery not being seated good is true, why does the data suggest that I never lost power and when i picked up the drone from the crash, the lights were still on the motors? Even if the fall had reseated the battery, I would have to press the power button to power up again. I powered it off when i picked it up. I powered it on to let the landing gear down, twice due to it powering off.

Plus, my batteries have a little bit of a swell to them in the center, and they fit tight. i don't think the movement back to front would have made the battery slip out in this case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval