Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone insurance

Reaction score
Hello all, I have been trying to find drone insurance online and I can only seem to find insurance for commercial drones. Can anyone help me as to where I can find hobby insurance? Many thanks
Smokey

Reaction score
Are you looking for liability or insurance for the drone itself?
The academy of model aeronautics or AMA is a community based rc flight organization and membership includes liabily insurance. Its about 78 a year.

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
There is "by the hour" liability insurance available if that is what you seek. AMA has been mentioned also.
I purchased a policy from State Farm for my drone (personal item policy), $60 year, no deductible if it is lost or damaged.

Reaction score
There is "by the hour" liability insurance available if that is what you seek. AMA has been mentioned also.
I purchased a policy from State Farm for my drone (personal item policy), $60 year, no deductible if it is lost or damaged.
Did that have to coincide with your homeowners policy or a seperate policy?

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have my home with them, but many others have said they bought just that policy alone. If you ask for a "drone" policy they may not know what you are talking about. It was a Personal Articles Policy. I sent them $60 and the receipt for the drone. It lists it as "miscellaneous articles".

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the response. It was for the drone I was after please sorry I should have specified. I have liability insurance at the minute thanks again

Reaction score
All my UAV's are covered in my general contents insurance. I've successfully claimed twice in the last 6 years.

Not sure about drone insurance as I don't fly them - they're used by the military aren't they?

Reactions: Ty Pilot

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
koolbreeze