Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Mountain AirPack packpack for the Typhoon H

Wow! This looks awesome, I'll be ordering tonight, can't believe it's hydration pack compatible and can carry a sleeping bag and my trusty DSLR! Talk about an all in one.

Wow! This looks awesome, I'll be ordering tonight, can't believe it's hydration pack compatible and can carry a sleeping bag and my trusty DSLR! Talk about an all in one.
Even my actress was impressed! She's an avid outdoor girl and hikes the mountains alot. She wants one! She now wants an H, too! LOL

I can't really make out the details from the pictures. I'll be waiting for better pictures or the video. The price is not that much higher than I have seen on other bags and cases. Some times putting a lot of features in a bag can make it clumsy to use.

I can't really make out the details from the pictures. I'll be waiting for better pictures or the video. The price is not that much higher than I have seen on other bags and cases. Some times putting a lot of features in a bag can make it clumsy to use.
You'll have to wait for the video because that's as good as the pictures will get. You're right about too many features making for an unusable product. In this case, however, that's just not the case. Everything is designed so the simplest of minds can make it work, and it's so flexible that it will work for anyone's needs.

You'll have to wait for the video because that's as good as the pictures will get. You're right about too many features making for an unusable product. In this case, however, that's just not the case. Everything is designed so the simplest of minds can make it work, and it's so flexible that it will work for anyone's needs.
Don't mean to question your expertise in designing bags, but it looks like you have the 3 batteries on the bottom of the pack, and even to the outside, may I ask why this was thought to be the best place. The most logical place and most ergonomically would be on the top of the pack.
(This is my observation from choosing packs and some small consultation in R&D with one large pack outdoor clothing manufacture many moons ago.)

Don't mean to question your expertise in designing bags, but it looks like you have the 3 batteries on the bottom of the pack, and even to the outside, may I ask why this was thought to be the best place. The most logical place and most ergonomically would be on the top of the pack.
(This is my observation from choosing packs and some small consultation in R&D with one large pack outdoor clothing manufacture many moons ago.)
When setting the pack down, it provides a low center of gravity and makes the pack very stable. The aircraft is positioned toward the bottom of the pack and the batteries, in their protective pack, provide an additional level of protection for the aircraft. Having them on the outside provides more room on the inside and makes the batteries easy to get to.

When setting the pack down, it provides a low center of gravity and makes the pack very stable. The aircraft is positioned toward the bottom of the pack and the batteries, in their protective pack, provide an additional level of protection for the aircraft. Having them on the outside provides more room on the inside and makes the batteries easy to get to.
Ok thanks for that, I have a great fascination with the science of outdoor bag design, in my opinion (and that of all mountaineering pack designers) having a low centre of gravity is exactly the opposite of what makes a pack comfortable to carry for any extended period of time. Maybe to sling to over your shoulder and walk with it for 5 minutes the is ok, but when you want to take it for much more time than that, what is comfortable is to have a comfortable waist band so that as much weight of the pack sits on your hips and does not hang off your shoulders. - This principle is simple and easily executed, first, pack the bag top heavy, sit it on you with all straps loose, tighten the waste strap so that the strap sits above your waist and down onto your hips, tighten it so that no matter how had you push or pull on it, it can't slip over your hip bones. Then tighten in the shoulder straps just enough so that the top heavy pack is now balanced. - A lot of people make the false assumption that these shoulder straps are for holding the weight of a bag, whereas they are for balancing the load. - If you ever design a V2 of the bag let me know and I'd be happy to give you some input.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for that, I have a great fascination with the science of outdoor bag design, in my opinion (and that of all mountaineering pack designers) having a low centre of gravity is exactly the opposite of what makes a pack comfortable to carry for any extended period of time. Maybe to sling to over your shoulder and walk with it for 5 minutes the is ok, but when you want to take it for much more time than that, what is comfortable is to have a comfortable waist band so that as much weight of the pack sits on your hips and does not hang off your shoulders. - This principle is simple and easily executed, first, pack the bag top heavy, sit it on you with all straps loose, tighten the waste strap so that the strap sits above your waist and down onto your hips, tighten it so that no matter how had you push or pull on it, it can't slip over your hip bones. Then tighten in the shoulder straps just enough so that the top heavy pack is now balanced. - A lot of people make the false assumption that these shoulder straps are for holding the weight of a bag, whereas they are fro balancing the load. - If you ever design a V2 of the bag let me know and I'd be happy to give you some input.
Thanks for your input, mweir. This is a tactical pack that is worn around the world, and has been adapted for this use. I've used it, myself, while hiking and hunting for days in the mountains. If it wasn't comfortable, I wouldn't use it. At the age of 55, I need all the comfort I can get. LOL This does have a comfortable waist band.

Last edited:
Ok Glad to see you are ok after using it for days in the mountains. I wonder how much more comfortable you would have been with a better designed pack. I appreciate that there is a market for tactical equipment, i.e hanging your stuff on the outside of a bag for easy and quick access, however in general it's a poor substitute to a well designed bag which encloses everything in one bag with properly designed access panels. The more "tack" you hang on the outside of a bag the greater chances of your "tack" has of get wet or dust onto it, and for electrical equipment it's not really the greatest solution. If you are still in startup and only starting machining if you were able to flip the pack design upside down and move the batteries from the outside edge to inside close to the body, I'd say you'd have a more comfortable solution.

Ok Glad to see you are ok after using it for days in the mountains. I wonder how much more comfortable you would have been with a better designed pack. I appreciate that there is a market for tactical equipment, i.e hanging your stuff on the outside of a bag for easy and quick access, however in general it's a poor substitute to a well designed bag which encloses everything in one bag with properly designed access panels. The more "tack" you hang on the outside of a bag the greater chances of your "tack" has of get wet or dust onto it, and for electrical equipment it's not really the greatest solution. If you are still in startup and only starting machining if you were able to flip the pack design upside down and move the batteries from the outside edge to inside close to the body, I'd say you'd have a more comfortable solution.
Sounds to me as if you should have presented a pack to the world. I appreciate the input, but having been in the military and used a wide variety of packs, having lived in the mountains hiking and hunting for more than a decade, and having adapted a pack that is already used world-wide I think what I have put together is very usable, user-friendly, comfortable, affordable, and long-lasting. I look forward to seeing your pack on the market.

Reactions: snerd
Sounds to me as if you should have presented a pack to the world. I appreciate the input, but having been in the military and used a wide variety of packs, having lived in the mountains hiking and hunting for more than a decade, and having adapted a pack that is already used world-wide I think what I have put together is very usable, user-friendly, comfortable, affordable, and long-lasting. I look forward to seeing your pack on the market.
I simply queried your logic for putting batteries hanging off the bottom of the pack, the reason you gave goes against all principles of good pack design. Whether or not it's in use worldwide does not mean it is a good solution.
Like I said I have a fascination with pack design, - it's 25 years I am carrying packs in all environments, I used to do this for a living, carrying packs from vertically, up multi-pitch rock climbs, to week/s long journeys across open mountain ranges, and even carrying packs designed specifically for use in ascending and descending through mountain rivers. When you spend that long with your house on your back you start to understand the real in's and out's of what makes a good bag, and to be frank, when I saw the 250$ price tag on your bag that look like little more than school bag / napsac I had to look at what you were presenting and I did suggest giving you positive input for a redesign.

My bag you look forward to - Unlike you I'm not a bag designer or seller of bags, or involved anymore in that industry outside of my hobby participation, so I'll have to let you down and not be able to promise you any bag of mine coming to market. However on foot of your design and the apparent user interest I have contacted 2 serious pack manufactures with a view of them designing and bringing to market packs made specifically for the use of the Typhoon h or an adjustable design suitable for interchanging between multiple "drone" setups. So maybe something can come from it.

I simply queried your logic for putting batteries hanging off the bottom of the pack, the reason you gave goes against all principles of good pack design. Whether or not it's in use worldwide does not mean it is a good solution.
Like I said I have a fascination with pack design, - it's 25 years I am carrying packs in all environments, I used to do this for a living, carrying packs from vertically, up multi-pitch rock climbs, to week/s long journeys across open mountain ranges, and even carrying packs designed specifically for use in ascending and descending through mountain rivers. When you spend that long with your house on your back you start to understand the real in's and out's of what makes a good bag, and to be frank, when I saw the 250$ price tag on your bag that look like little more than school bag / napsac I had to look at what you were presenting and I did suggest giving you positive input for a redesign.

My bag you look forward to - Unlike you I'm not a bag designer or seller of bags, or involved anymore in that industry outside of my hobby participation, so I'll have to let you down and not be able to promise you any bag of mine coming to market. However on foot of your design and the apparent user interest I have contacted 2 serious pack manufactures with a view of them designing and bringing to market packs made specifically for the use of the Typhoon h or an adjustable design suitable for interchanging between multiple "drone" setups. So maybe something can come from it.
School bag / napsac? LOL OK. You're welcome to think anything you like. I sell tactical bags to military/police, etc through my other business, Liberty Gear Store. I'll have to share that with some of my customers, there. They'll get a big kick out of it! LOL

School bag / napsac? LOL OK. You're welcome to think anything you like. I sell tactical bags to military/police, etc through my other business, Liberty Gear Store. I'll have to share that with some of my customers, there. They'll get a big kick out of it! LOL
Share away ) if any of them are serious climbers or mountaineers or if they really understand good ergonomics and functionally of pack design they will know exactly what I mean.

Wow this thread really went in a bad direction. Mwelr I'm not sure how you can knock the design of this pack just because he his putting the batteries low on the back and looking at some hard to see pictures.
Capt. Crunch thank you for supporting the community and creating this pack for the H. Also thanks for chatting on the phone with me the other day about the H.

Brandon

Wow this thread really went in a bad direction. Mwelr I'm not sure how you can knock the design of this pack just because he his putting the batteries low on the back and looking at some hard to see pictures.
Capt. Crunch thank you for supporting the community and creating this pack for the H. Also thanks for chatting on the phone with me the other day about the H.

Brandon
Thanks, Brandon.

I'm afraid the photographs are too poor a quality to be able to get any real idea of this pack, how the H packs in and the shoulder and waist straps cannot be seen either. I cannot make a call based on this, at this price point the pack may be fantastic but all I have to go on is second rate photo's and a basic desription. I am not dissing your product but you do need to provide better info.

I'm afraid the photographs are too poor a quality to be able to get any real idea of this pack, how the H packs in and the shoulder and waist straps cannot be seen either. I cannot make a call based on this, at this price point the pack may be fantastic but all I have to go on is second rate photo's and a basic desription. I am not dissing your product but you do need to provide better info.
This is very strange. I can see the photos clear as day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval