Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone no go forward, no go backward

Reaction score
Out this am with my q, got her up and controls worked up and down, left and right, turning - but no going forward or backward. Brought her down, turned all off, restarted, and all was good. Any ideas here?

No idea Vicki but I do find this funny because yesterday I took my Q500 up to about 25 feet and I had no yaw action, just up and down and forward and back. Like you said taking it back down and restarting solve the problem but I am mystified as to why that happened as it has never done that before.

LOL ya thats funny
Thing is when your in angle mode this should not happen and if your out 500 feet and this happens how do you bring it back? Will the RTH work? Not sure and I don't want to find out the hard way LOL

Reactions: jayday
I wasn't out very far, maybe 30 feet up, 20 feet away, so I just maneuvered it back using left, right, until I got it into a good landing spot. I was afraid to use RTH, but then I have really gotten out of the habit with that, 99% is manually landing.

i had the same problem with mine a few times wouldnt go forward or backwards. were you able to solve the issue?

I think so, as I said I just brought her down, turned all off, then back on and problem went away. I did upgrade ST to latest version, have flown several times since but no issues. Still keeping fingers crossed.

Out this am with my q, got her up and controls worked up and down, left and right, turning - but no going forward or backward. Brought her down, turned all off, restarted, and all was good. Any ideas here?

That may be because you are too close of the TH. You get this if the distance between you and the TH is less than 26 ft (8m) with smart mode; I don't know if it is the same in angle mode.

LOL
How you guys all figure everyone has the Typhoon H, look again its the Typhoon 500 series and Vicki is a very experienced flyer with hers. She been doing it for over a year now so I think she has that tip you gave her covered :)

thanks, flyingjunkie, I'm rarely if ever in smart mode, pretty much always in angle. But that's good to know about the H, since I will be getting one sometime this winter. Leads to a question, 26 feet vertical or horizontal? That seems weird either way.

He is talking a about the smart circle Vicki, you know the one your not suppose to be in if taking off in smart mode or the Typhoon shoots off trying to get away from you. :)

Page 16 of the manual.

*SMART CIRCLE In most cases the Smart Circle will keep the TYPHOON from coming within approximately 26 feet (8 meters) of you (as long as you position yourself at least 26 feet/8 meters behind the TYPHOON.

Even if you where in the smart circle with smart mode on your Typhoon should have moved forward away from you.

Got it, and thank you. I know I was in angle mode and we were at least 50 feet away from it, I had positioned it near a trail and we were standing up hill from it. I'll be taking it out quite a bit this weekend, so we'll see, but I've run it probably 4 hours or so off and on since then with no issues. It does lead to the observation: just like a lot of things in life, you need TWO. (Exception: spouses, consecutive or at the same time).

thanks, flyingjunkie, I'm rarely if ever in smart mode, pretty much always in angle. But that's good to know about the H, since I will be getting one sometime this winter. Leads to a question, 26 feet vertical or horizontal? That seems weird either way.

Attachments

• Before TO.png
    Before TO.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 10
Got it, and thank you. I know I was in angle mode and we were at least 50 feet away from it, I had positioned it near a trail and we were standing up hill from it. I'll be taking it out quite a bit this weekend, so we'll see, but I've run it probably 4 hours or so off and on since then with no issues. It does lead to the observation: just like a lot of things in life, you need TWO. (Exception: spouses, consecutive or at the same time).

Mentioning being up hill reminded me of a pic that showed pointing the flat(meaning if the birds down hill, tilt it forward) top rectangle part of the ST10 where the antenna is may be the best way to signal or possibly fly from down hill instead. I've always flown this way accept once, bringing it back on rabbit and pulled the transmitter back (like i was fishing smh) and it started wobbling and crashed, luckily it was low enough so no damage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval