Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Snob???

Reaction score
Had my first encounter with IMO a Drone Snob. I recently got my Part 107 Cert and a Real Estate friend asked if I could do some Photos and Videos of a high end property she had. I said "sure", thinking might lead to some future work.
Her first question (I sh*t you not), "What DJI drone do you use?" My answer, "I Don't use DJI drones." "Oh, our agency only accepts photos and videos from DJI drones." "Really? What difference does it make? I have almost 10 years of flying drones and $1M in liability insurance." She said, " I know, that's why I called you." "But, you won't accept my photos or videos because I don't have a DJI drone?" "Correct, and none of the other real estate brokers will either." CLICK.

So, do I spend the $1000's and get a DJI product or just fly my Yuneec and say screw it?

Art

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
Don’t let them know what drone you use. That is the biggest pile of malarkey I’ve heard in awhile.

Or just get a Mavic Mini 1 and carry it to the job site. When they ask just tell them Mavic.

Reactions: ArtCox
Don’t let them know what drone you use. That is the biggest pile of malarkey I’ve heard in awhile.
Agreed, but if they ever check the Meta Data (properties) of the photo file, I think it shows up under camera type.
Also some companies like DroneBase require DJI products from what I understand,

DroneBase yes, but local Real Estate companies shouldn’t give a hoot as long as the product is good. JPEG is JPEG and H264 is the same. It doesn’t matter what the source is.

Last edited:
Had my first encounter with IMO a Drone Snob. I recently got my Part 107 Cert and a Real Estate friend asked if I could do some Photos and Videos of a high end property she had. I said "sure", thinking might lead to some future work.
Her first question (I sh*t you not), "What DJI drone do you use?" My answer, "I Don't use DJI drones." "Oh, our agency only accepts photos and videos from DJI drones." "Really? What difference does it make? I have almost 10 years of flying drones and $1M in liability insurance." She said, " I know, that's why I called you." "But, you won't accept my photos or videos because I don't have a DJI drone?" "Correct, and none of the other real estate brokers will either." CLICK.

So, do I spend the $1000's and get a DJI product or just fly my Yuneec and say screw it?

Art
Tough answer.

This is equivalent to asking wedding photographers to use Canon or Nikon cameras exclusively.. the end product is all that matters.

Should have told her you flew an xFold rigs Dragon. She might still say that's not good enough 😂

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech