Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Typhoon H Aquiring

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a problem with my Typhoon H drone. It was flying over the sea and after being in the backpack for a while it would not turn on. After replacing the IMU it appeared to fire up and when I went to fly it then suddenly at 10 satellites the " Aquiring" message came on and the compass stopped showing anything. After switching it on again there was no problem and after a while the same message again and " GPS lost" and so on and so forth. I have replaced other GPS and even changed the motherboard and still the same.
What could the problem be?

Hello.
...After replacing the IMU ,,, I have replaced other GPS and even changed the motherboard....
What could the problem be?
Given difficulties that sometimes occur with translation, please clarify the following:

Did you change out only the IMU or the entire flight control module?
IMU.jpg TH_FCU.jpg

When you said "other GPS", did you mean the GPS Module in the drone top shell?

GPS Module.jpg

Last edited:
I replaced the whole flight control board and after a while I have the message: "OBS Avoidance has failed" I can fly the drone but without GPS- when I turn it on there is immediately an error. The LED in the drone flashes blue
This is how I replaced the GPS in the drone housing (top).

I replaced the whole flight control board and after a while I have the message: "OBS Avoidance has failed" I can fly the drone but without GPS- when I turn it on there is immediately an error. The LED in the drone flashes blue
This is how I replaced the GPS in the drone housing (top).
....after a while I have the message: "OBS Avoidance has failed"...
"OBS Avoidance not available" is normal if the OBS Avoid switch is in the down position while the drone is on the ground. It should clear when you get about 7 or 8 meters above the ground.

.....The LED in the drone flashes blue...
This needs some checking. Please cycle the flight mode switch and tell us the color of the rear LED when the switch is in each of the three positions. It should be Green with the switch full up, Purple with the switch in the center, and RED (flashing) with the switch down.
You mentioned the rear LED is currently flashing blue. Is this with the drone and controller both turned on and bound? If so, how rapidly is the rear LED flashing? (Three times per second with a one second pause, or blinking continuously at about 5 times per second)

Hello.
..... It was flying over the sea and after being in the backpack for a while it would not turn on.
How long was it in the backpack?

You mentioned replacing the Mainboard, the Flight Controller Board and the GPS Unit.
IF any of these were not factory new, do you know their history?

Last edited:
The drone was in the backpack for about 9 months after flying over seas. The replaced components were taken from a working drone as it was originally not turning on at all.
I will check later today to see how the rear LED lights up outside.

best regards

The LED blinks blue all the time every second or so and every 5 seconds or so a single beep comes on. The motors do not turn on when the start button is pressed.
After the GPS swap it's still the same, lights up blue and that's it.

Attachments

• 20230609_105815 (Medium).jpg
    20230609_105815 (Medium).jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230609_110139 (Medium).jpg
    20230609_110139 (Medium).jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230609_111642 (Medium).jpg
    20230609_111642 (Medium).jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230609_111921 (Medium).jpg
    20230609_111921 (Medium).jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230612_160959 (Medium).jpg
    20230612_160959 (Medium).jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230612_161224 (Medium).jpg
    20230612_161224 (Medium).jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230612_161300 (Medium).jpg
    20230612_161300 (Medium).jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230612_161306 (Medium).jpg
    20230612_161306 (Medium).jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 15
The LED blinks blue all the time every second or so and every 5 seconds or so a single beep comes on. The motors do not turn on when the start button is pressed.
After the GPS swap it's still the same, lights up blue and that's it.
It is possible the RED led is burned out, causing the purple to show as blue. You can check that by moving the mode switch to the bottom. If the drone and controller are properly bound, the LED will go dark. If it continues to blink blue, they are not bound.

Assuming the LED stays blue, the best course would be to try a normal bind process.
If normal binding does not work, please use the full Typhoon H Binding Verification.pdf
to find the issue. Note the verification is not just "binding instructions". It is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparation steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a verification step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.

Unfortunately but I'm trying to do something with the drone and nothing. There is no GPS of any kind on the display, after changing from blue to orange there is still nothing you can do, it just doesn't respond to anything. I will swap the board back tomorrow and see what the effect is. I will let you know tomorrow afternoon. Perhaps the problem is with the receiver in the drone or with the station, which was also over seas (I've been looking for everything, even the new model of the drone immediately there was an image even without entering the password for the camera when bind).

... after changing from blue to orange there is still nothing you can do, it just doesn't respond to anything.
At least the "orange" color eliminates the LED itself as an issue.
I don't know if you were doing a normal bind procedure or if you were following the diagnostics. Either way, you were probably at the same stage as step 38 of the diagnostic, and could not proceed. If the very small LED shown in Step 39 is not working, it is a big clue that either the connector or the receiver needs attention. If things look good at step 39, you will need to progress further in the diagnostic to find the issue. The diagnostic will save you a lot of time and a lot of posts compared to trying to research each single possibility.

This is an automated translation of the document. Please be aware translation errors my be present.

Attachments

• Typhoon H Binding Verification (PL).pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm trying to do something with the drone and nothing. There is no GPS of any kind on the display, after changing from blue to orange there is still nothing you can do, it just doesn't respond to anything.
@WTFDproject is not giving you the answer to the problem. He is giving you steps to follow to diagnose the problem. You should follow those steps so he can help you. If you don't follow the steps he cannot help you.
Are you having trouble with the translation?

Unfortunately but I did the procedure of tying the drone to the camera and nothing helped. I have no data on the left side of the screen. When I want to turn off the GPS it allows to do so but when I enter it again the GPS is on. I still can't get it to work. Below are some pics. Any further suggestions?

Attachments

• 20230613_221735 (Medium).jpg
    20230613_221735 (Medium).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230613_221803 (Medium).jpg
    20230613_221803 (Medium).jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230613_221829 (Medium).jpg
    20230613_221829 (Medium).jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230613_221907 (Medium).jpg
    20230613_221907 (Medium).jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 10
Unfortunately but I did the procedure of tying the drone to the camera and nothing helped.
Tying the drone to the camera is not related to flying the drone. It is a different system and a different part of the binding process.
Did you perform the simple standard binding procedure, or did you perform the diagnostic procedure mentioned above?

A simple standard procedure because the drone is linked to the camera via a menu with 2 Typhoon H drones and a Typhoon H920. I connected it to this 1.

A simple standard procedure because the drone is linked to the camera via a menu with 2 Typhoon H drones and a Typhoon H920. I connected it to this 1.
@aerodrone,
The page you just described is NOT a binding page. That is only the model select page. There is much more to the binding process, even if all things are working properly.

Please consider following the binding verification document and let us know at which step the process fails.
I may have to give up also if you do not want to let us help you.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots