Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DU-BRO 6MM DRONE/QUADCOPTER PROP BALANCER

Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you pilots check the balance on your props before installing them or do go from package to drone with no issues.
Thinking about the Areonaut props and read a few reviews of needing balancing,,,,,,,,

I don't recommend using any third party props on Yuneec products. They are often way out of balance and have different flex than the OEM. Many of the carbon fiber props are not only out of balance, they often have poor threads or poorly fitting quick mounts. There are simply too many horror stories from past users to warrant using them.

I was wondering how many of you pilots check the balance on your props before installing them or do go from package to drone with no issues.
Thinking about the Areonaut props and read a few reviews of needing balancing,,,,,,,,
I always check balance of new props.

I purchased a set of carbon fiber props,very hard to balance, motors run about 8 to 14 ° C hotter (possibly due to no vents in the hub like stock one) no flex in the prop and if you have a mishap you will do a motor before the prop breaks like the stock ones are made to do. They break at the hub ,because that is the way they were designed so as not to transmit shock into the armature of the motor and bust it. Stay with the stock ones and don't buy cheap ones off eBay, only yuneec for me. Johnno Hennessy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also balance the stock props and they are very good out of the pack. If i did not already have a balancer from my other drones I would not buy one for the Yuneec props as they are very good. Johnno Hennessy.

Thanks for the replies, I was just about to order the balancer and q500 prop rod.

Guess I got a bit gathered up watching reviews of drone that's on a killer flash sale, it has a very new design in props, and the Areonaut's have about the same shape.

Thanks for the replies, I was just about to order the balancer and q500 prop rod.
It's a good idea to have the balancing rod. However, my balancers just sit in a drawer and never get used. They seem to have too much friction in the wheels. I set the rod on top of a tall water glass so the prop hangs over the side of the counter. It takes a few minutes to find the sweet spot on top of the glass so the rod is level but it's much more accurate than the balancers.

Reactions: Calvin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval