Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DY5 charger for H plus, or alternative?

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm not looking after my batteries properly. I accept this.

Yesterday, as Storm Eunice subsided, We set out to get some shots as there were a few trees down nearby, but it started to rain quite heavily. When the rain stopped, the wind got up again, so I'm stuck with 2 fully charged batteries I need to discharge as there's no real prospect of getting airborne any time soon.

So, should I get a DY5 charger? I see DY5E and DY5. Can I use the E version with my batteries?

If there's a custom cable/socket/charger setup that's available to me here in the UK that is a better price than a DY, I'd love some info on that too.

Thanks in advance

The DY5E is for the H520e/H3 and is not compatible with your H+/H520 batteries.

I would be tempted to go with the charger that uses the adapter cable as it is a more flexible system and likely allows the ability to read the IR (internal resistance) of the battery cells as well as the voltage. Do you know what brand and model the third party charger is?

I'm still investigating. Yunnec Skins have the cable and I'm more than happy to get it from there, but I will need a midpriced charger to go with it. The charger that is in the pic of the cables on YS is no longer available, so I'm still looking.

Are you using the OEM charger?

If so you can convert it quite easily to be usable with a third party charger. This video shows how.

Most third party chargers have the storage function and will charge or discharge as necessary to reach storage voltage. They are usually much more flexible in their setup than dedicated chargers. That is what the DY5 does, but it is dedicated to use with H+/H520 battery packs.

Most third party chargers have the storage function and will charge or discharge as necessary to reach storage voltage. They are usually much more flexible in their setup than dedicated chargers. That is what the DY5 does, but it is dedicated to use with H+/H520 battery packs.

Yes, it's recommendations for these 3rd party chargers I'm after, I think.

Guys,

I'm not looking after my batteries properly. I accept this.

Yesterday, as Storm Eunice subsided, We set out to get some shots as there were a few trees down nearby, but it started to rain quite heavily. When the rain stopped, the wind got up again, so I'm stuck with 2 fully charged batteries I need to discharge as there's no real prospect of getting airborne any time soon.

So, should I get a DY5 charger? I see DY5E and DY5. Can I use the E version with my batteries?

If there's a custom cable/socket/charger setup that's available to me here in the UK that is a better price than a DY, I'd love some info on that too.

Thanks in advance
Hi Paul , I have the dy5 & been using it with x2 h plus batteries, I have always used storage mode, & my batteries are now quite old but still flying

That's a little too expensive for me. Is there something you might recommend with fewer features?
You can move on the two bay model, the D100v2.
Don't forget you need adapter cables...like this:

That's a little too expensive for me. Is there something you might recommend with fewer features?
There are several manufacturers that make usable chargers. What you want to find is that it must be capable of charging LiHV cells, has storage voltage function, measure individual cell voltages and internal resistance. For your batteries you want a charger that will supply 75W to 100W (per port if it is a multiport charger) so you can charge at a 1C rate when necessary (best to charge at .5C to .75C to extend battery life.

I'm still investigating. Yunnec Skins have the cable and I'm more than happy to get it from there, but I will need a midpriced charger to go with it. The charger that is in the pic of the cables on YS is no longer available, so I'm still looking.
Hi Paul . I got a charger which doesn't fit my H3 . Send me a close picture of your battery pins and a close look of your charger as well . Maybe I have the one you need . Not sure yet but keep in touch , mate .

Hi Paul . I got a charger which doesn't fit my H3 . Send me a close picture of your battery pins and a close look of your charger as well . Maybe I have the one you need . Not sure yet but keep in touch , mate .
Paul’s pinout will look like this. This is the OEM charger for the H+/H520.

B4A6ECF8-15E2-4D74-BAF8-9E7EB435655D.jpeg
This one has been modified to work with a third party charger as well as stand-alone and therefore has the added vertical contact at the far left to connect to the main positive lead on the battery.

Reactions: PaulEden
Paul’s pinout will look like this. This is the OEM charger for the H+/H520.

View attachment 27628
This one has been modified to work with a third party charger as well as stand-alone and therefore has the added vertical contact at the far left to connect to the main positive lead on the battery.
Yes, apart from that modified pin, that's what mine looks like

You can move on the two bay model, the D100v2.
Don't forget you need adapter cables...like this:
Excellent! Thank you. I'll order that as soon as the credit card resets :)

Reactions: Pier2162
I'm struggling to find the cables :(
futuredrone don't ship to UK, Yuneec Skins want $60 for shipping. Gifipower website is knackered. Aeromind in Poland have accepted the order, but not taken payment.
Are there any UK suppliers of this cable?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech