Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E mailing photos from St16

Reaction score
I am new to Yuneec Typhoon H with Real Sense and am trying to e mail photos from ST 16 direct as I do with other drones, unsuccessfully. ST 16 will not stay paired to my Internet. I select photo to be e mailed,fill in e mail address and hit send.The ST 16 shows sending but doesn’t. I go back to WIFI connection to find it disabled. Do any of you send e mails from ST16?
Bill

I am new to Yuneec Typhoon H with Real Sense and am trying to e mail photos from ST 16 direct as I do with other drones, unsuccessfully. ST 16 will not stay paired to my Internet. I select photo to be e mailed,fill in e mail address and hit send.The ST 16 shows sending but doesn’t. I go back to WIFI connection to find it disabled. Do any of you send e mails from ST16?
Bill
Nope. Sorry. The ST16 is designed as a flight controller. Even though it has an Android operating system, the apps are disabled to prevent them from interfering with the flight functions. It's a safety issue. The pics and videos saved on the ST16 are low resolution. The card in the camera has the hi-res images. If you wish to use the low-res pics, copy them to a sd card on the ST16 and transfer them to your phone.

Reactions: rdonson
Steve. I understand. I guess that means you need to record on micro sd card ( a fast one) Then use a reader on your phone to view. Then move photos to phone album then email from phone. When I move photos from Lexar reader to iPhone 6plus the photos are very blurry. Just spent 2 hours with Apple geeks at their store and they could not figure it out. How do you e mail photos?
Bill

Whatever you record on the camera also gets recorded on the ST16. I have no idea why the pictures from the camera sd card would be blurry. Did you remove the plastic film from the lens used for shipping?

If you are emailing from a phone, the program should automatically reduce the size of the pictures to email them. The file sizes are very large on the original pictures.

Whatever you record on the camera also gets recorded on the ST16. I have no idea why the pictures from the camera sd card would be blurry. Did you remove the plastic film from the lens used for shipping?

If you are emailing from a phone, the program should automatically reduce the size of the pictures to email them. The file sizes are very large on the original pictures.
The photos on sd card are clear. It’s when I move them to iPhone photo album that they become blurry.

Hmmm.....strange. Sounds like it's just making thumbnails rather than copying the full size pics.

Indeed. My Lexar reader works just fine with all my other drones. Just the photos from the H are blurry when transferred to phone. How do you e mail photos?

I upload my photos to Dropbox and then email the link. The files are too large to email.

What is the file size after you transfer them to your phone?

You won’t believe this, Steve. I was up in the middle of the night working with my sd card. I was able to send clear photos to iPhone photo album, e mail and text them to myself without a problem. This morning (now) the photos sent to iPhone photo file are gone or blurry but the ones in e mail and text are clear. Some kind of weird. I’ll work on it latter when I have time and will also learn about drop box. The photo sizes are large, around 500-600. I’m giving up for a few hours to do other things. Gremlins in my system.

Alongside

Alongside the photo in sd micro card is 600 kB. Each photo is slightly different. The photos I moved to iPhone album have disappeared and just white blanks remain. I have signed up for Dropbox. Still figuring it out but photos seem to move from sd to Dropbox easily. I think you are right, that’s the solution.

Dropbox and Google Drive both have free online storage and sharing a link is easy.
It would still be good to resolve the problem with your phone. It should be storing the photos properly unless the available storage is reaching it's limit.

I agree. Won’t work on my wife’s iPhone or my iPad either. So strange that it worked early this morning then photos disappeared. Never had a problem with other drones.

Alongside the photo in sd micro card is 600 kB. Each photo is slightly different. The photos I moved to iPhone album have disappeared and just white blanks remain. I have signed up for Dropbox. Still figuring it out but photos seem to move from sd to Dropbox easily. I think you are right, that’s the solution.
I should mention that a photo which is 600KB is low resolution. 6,000KB would be high resolution.

I should mention that a photo which is 600KB is low resolution. 6,000KB would be high resolution.
Steve. I tried sending photos to my two iPads. No luck. Tried using another micro sd card. Same results, blurry. Frankly, I don’t know what to do next. Kinda frustrating.
Bill

Steve. I tried sending photos to my two iPads. No luck. Tried using another micro sd card. Same results, blurry. Frankly, I don’t know what to do next. Kinda frustrating.
Bill
Bill
Steve

Steve
Not sure you are still on but I bought a GoPro micro sd card reader and the photo files from the H transfer photos to my phone just fine. It appears problem solved. I found a You Tube video that compared the Lexar and GoPro readers noting that the GoPro transferred large files better. He was right.
Bill Dunnuck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy