Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90/C23 calibration software?

Does your camera have a problem?
Yeah.. I have been talking to WTFD and we having come to the conclusion that the camera needs a recalibartion... I thought it was the firmware and wanted to do a down grade and he informed me of the risk of that, running build 822 on everything it might really mess things up. So I installed the Anti vib, noise software and that seem to help but it still has a little issue.

So a little background on the issue: Aircraft is THplus/C23 and everything works perfectly but the Camera would lean to the left Horizontally, after doing some rebooting on level ground and a few times of leaving the Camera stay clip in place during start up. Left lean has gone away and seems to be okay but when the craft is in the air and you watch the FPV the camera has a glitch Horizontally making WTFD and myself think it is a Roll motor issue. His suggestion is a recalibration and to my understanding will need to be sent in.. So after doing some poking around on the Net I see the video
above and to my understanding a recalibration can be done on the H520 and ST16S but this option is not an option on the H PLUS???? Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.. Any other idea's as to a fix please help...
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Mike Irish
Greetings:

I believe I have a very similar issue as you(@Outsidethebox) described. My C23 camera/gimbal needs to recalibrated.

Were you able to find a solution or send it in for repairs?

Thanks.

Greetings:

I believe I have a very similar issue as you(@Outsidethebox) described. My C23 camera/gimbal needs to recalibrated.

Were you able to find a solution or send it in for repairs?

Thanks.
I hear ya. @ModernPRO It seems to have a horizontal glitch that shakes the camera horizontally every so slightly and when ya rotate the Camera for a 360 view it sometimes is not smooth.. This only happens now and then, nothing consistent or repetitive.

So I came across the video of the guy that can recalibrate the camera by a computer with out the controller and looking for anyone that my have this software for a computer that will be willing to share it. As far as right now I haven't found anyone with this option @ModernPRO It only seems that after talking to many about this problem it could be as simple as a recalibration fix..

@Steve Carr is it possible that by binding the C23 to the H520, If possible!?!? could it be that one could recalibrate the Camera via the H520? As to my understanding, E90 Camera Recalibration can be done on an H520?

is it possible that by binding the C23 to the H520, If possible!?!? could it be that one could recalibrate the Camera via the H520? As to my understanding, E90 Camera Recalibration can be done on an H520?
Yes, I believe so. Bind the C23 to the 520 by using the Android wifi menu, exit to Datapilot and then find the menu for the gimbal cal. There is also a horizontal alignment in the hidden menu.

Reactions: Mike Irish
[ RANT ]

Without a doubt there exists a PC or Android (or Atari, who knows??) calibration software that can connect direct to the C23 where you can calibrate/test PIDs, IMU, GYRO, motor poles, etc. etc...

Just like back in the day with the Alexmos gimbal controller:

Unfortunately this mystifying software is nowhere to be found. My gut says someone on this forum has it but doesn't want to distribute it and be thrown in a gulag. ?

In 2013 I bought the original DJI phantom. No camera, no gimbal. Just a quad copter that I crashed everywhere. Neighbors windows, garage doors, small dogs, trees etc. One time I got nervous and shut off the RC when the bird was ~80Ft. It came crashing down and spectacularly bounced and rolled around and chased small children, made loud beeps and flashed etc...

I then took the bird apart, replaced the EMC, brushless motor, lights, heated/bent the body back into shape, new blades....and removed the IMU. The solution was to hit the IMU on a hard surface a few times then reconnect to software. calibrate. verify axis, then button the system back up and calibrate compass and motors.

it then worked fine.

and I continued to crash it. and fix it and recalibrate.

Eventually I hooked up an Alexmos controller and gimbal system, put my NEX-5 on it and flew it around and got some footage. it handled like a popped balloon and was more terrifying than anything. manual start record on the camera than flying around blind. LOL.

DL the footage and run 40 hours of warp stabilization in After Effects and I was able to produce about 1.7 seconds of aerial footage of a tree at a dutch angle that was somewhat stable and massively underwhelming.

Ah those were the days. ?

But at least I could connect direct to my gimbal system with software!!! change the PIDs! put more power to motors, recal compas, gyro, test etc etc etc...

[ / RANT ]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech