Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 grease leak melted camera housing?

Reaction score
s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600.jpg I sold an H520 and E90 recently and the buyer sent these photos. Apparently the grease in the dampeners leaked out onto the camera housing and distorted it like a solvent would. Anyone else seen or heard of such a thing? Its still under warranty and will contact Yuneec tomorrow for repair but was curious if this is known issue.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 36
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 35
Grease in the dampers? I'm not sure where there is any grease on the camera. Can you describe where the grease came from?

Grease in the dampers? I'm not sure where there is any grease on the camera. Can you describe where the grease came from?
There is a crack in the little rubber boots that hold the camera to the gimbal, a vaseline like substance came of there and got on the camera coating it

Wow, I'll have to take a closer look at the camera. I can't imagine they would use anything that would be incompatible with plastic. It almost looks like the camera was hot causing the distortion rather than solvent action.

Wow, I'll have to take a closer look at the camera. I can't imagine they would use anything that would be incompatible with plastic. It almost looks like the camera was hot causing the distortion rather than solvent action.
I thought so too but also think how much heat it would take to do that. When I packed it (in the foam insert) it was fine.

I thought so too but also think how much heat it would take to do that. When I packed it (in the foam insert) it was fine.
A quick look at my camera. I don't see anywhere that could hold any amount of grease. In fact I would be surprised if there is anything other than a light coat of silicone grease anywhere on the camera. What material was used to pack the camera? Bubble wrap? If so it should have melted as well. Are the plastic parts inside the camera damaged? If not the outside was exposed to heat.

I suspect the camera was too close to a heat source after unpacking. Perhaps on the kitchen counter next to the stove. Or it might have been used for some other purpose.

A quick look at my camera. I don't see anywhere that could hold any amount of grease. In fact I would be surprised if there is anything other than a light coat of silicone grease anywhere on the camera. What material was used to pack the camera? Bubble wrap? If so it should have melted as well. Are the plastic parts inside the camera damaged? If not the outside was exposed to heat.

I suspect the camera was too close to a heat source after unpacking. Perhaps on the kitchen counter next to the stove. Or it might have been used for some other purpose.

Steve the grease is in the four rubber dampeners holding camera to plate, I have seen in another H520 Rick

Yes. I can see that they are filled, but it would be unbelievable to think there is something in them that would melt plastic. I think is more likely a heat source would have caused them to leak from over heating.

There is no way that the grease in the dampers would cause that. It was ok when you sold it so tell him to sod off. Sold as seen. If he’s had only one flight with it then you don’t have to do a thing. Nasty way of going about it but he’s trying to have you over so wash your hands if it. There’s nothing law wise he can do and it’s up to him to prove it was faulty when you sold it. The grease does leak it’s a known fault but not a chance of it doing that to the camera. No chance

Reactions: Steve Carr
It seems that he has left the E-90 camera on for a long time while the h520 was on the ground without flying. When there is no cooling, the outer casing of the camera has melted.

That dumpers are **** and drip the grease from inside is something we already know, but I think that this damage is due to the fact that they have been left in the sun. For example on the dashboard of a car with an outside sun of 35-40 degrees, the inside gets 60 degrees or more. And hence all the damage, the dumpers have burst and the plastic has deformed. I think that might be the cause.

P.S.: you can see that the grease has not entered the objective and there is also bent, the plastic that is around the metal center. Almost certainly a heat source.

thanks everyone - I got the buyer to return the camera to see for myself. I am thinking it might not be the same camera? I will keep all informed I should have the camera in hand tomorrow.

thanks everyone - I got the buyer to return the camera to see for myself. I am thinking it might not be the same camera? I will keep all informed I should have the camera in hand tomorrow.
I take pics of the serial numbers and condition before I mail parts.

Look at the support arm on the outside edge, it was not just the camera, and it was not from the damper gel. Unknown heat source!

so got the camera back - just cant figure out this happened, buyer insists it arrived this way. Is that possible?

Attachments

• 20180725_131315.jpg
    20180725_131315.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 30
  • 20180725_131338.jpg
    20180725_131338.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 31

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member