Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 problems after update

Reaction score
I flew drone using E50, E90, and CGOET cameras in the morning, did the update in the afternoon, and now only issues with E90 camera.
After attempting update to the latest E90 software (updated on April 30, 2021). The controller fails to reconnect to the E90 camera during update. It is a weird issue, since when powering up the H520 w/E90 attached, I have a couple of seconds where I can control the camera gimble without video feed then E90 status light switches from white to red and I lose all connection to camera/gimble. Adding to the issue I had no issues after updating data pilot/controller and the E50 and CGO cameras. The issues seems to be a update software issue, just don't know if the issue is in controller or E90 software. I was told it may be caused by Update Pilot app on the controller and should uninstall/reinstall and try update again which I did and tried to run update but no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lica
You have an issues than can result from a damaged main ribbon in the camera. There are other possibilities, of course, but the damaged ribbon scenario is probably the most common single cause.
The ribbons can be damaged anytime the camera moves about without restraint. It happens in crashes, of course. It also has happened when the drone is transported in the box without the gimbal lock mounted. And, possibly relevant to your situation, it sometimes happens when you perform a compass calibration with the camera mounted and without the gimbal lock in place. So the first questions become:

Did you do a compass calibration after the update?
Was the gimbal lock installed?

The answer to the questions will help us know how to proceed.

Thanks for the info. I since my post, I have been able to establish a brief connection (about 1 second) between the E90 camera and the controller, when the powering up the vehicle with the E90 attached. After the brief connection during vehicle startup the E90 loses connection with the controller, the E90 light turns blue for the brief second, then returns to yellow as if it is trying to make connection but fails to restore the connection. The camera's gimble also has power and stabilizes the E90. Is this camera's behavior similar to an E90 with a damaged ribbon?
I flew using the E90, E50, and CGOET in the morning, performed the update that afternoon, then the E90 would not connect to the controller after the E90 performed it's automatic reboot during the update process like the camera has always done in the past without issue. The E90 appeared to be operating as normal, when attached to the H520, after the update but the E90 would not restore it's connection to the controller.
I've always performed all vehicle calibrations with the E50 camera attached. I've never performed any vehicle calibrations using the E90 or CGOET cameras.
Thank you again.

Is this camera's behavior similar to an E90 with a damaged ribbon?
Yes, but the damaged ribbon is only one possible cause.
There is a peculiarity in the H520 update process that is not well known. The camera has to be selected within the update process. Even if the camera is already bound to the controller. Please review Attachment 35 (H520 UpdatePilot Anomaly) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project to ensure you have not fallen victim to this odd feature in the H520 update process. Then try to run the update again via UpdatePilot as usual.

If the normal update method still does not produce the desired result, you can do a manual update using SD Cards. Refer to Attachment 34 (E90/H520 SD Card Firmware Upgrade) for details on a manual update.

If the problem is still present after both update methods have been employed, it would be best to send the camera for repair.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79