Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

EBAY Battery scam

This is why I only buy from store front dealers. I'll pay a little more to assure I always receive what I paid for, and have solid recourse if and when that fails to happen.
I've never bought anything from Ebay...ever. I don't have an account with Ebay. I've heard about so many scams going on through ebay that I won't touch anything from ebay. I buy from what I consider to be reputable sources. For example, I bought my H from Quadcopters U.K.. When I bought my P2V+ I ordered it on line from DJIs store, when I boaght my first P2 that was from Amazon. Yeah, sometimes I pay a bit more too, but I'm happy to do that and leave the scammers to do their thing on ebay.

Don't be too quick to trust Amazon, they run a background business selling items from all over the world from other sellers.

Don't be too quick to trust Amazon, they run a background business selling items from all over the world from other sellers.
Yes but no-where near the amount of scam reports about Amazon. But I agree, when it comes to on-line buying, you can never be too careful.

In the past I have purchased direct from Chinese wholesalers via a site called DHGate.com.
The site is populated by manufacturing companies who produce many OEM parts and copies as well.
Many of the items we pay top price for are very cheap from these suppliers before DJI or Yuneec etc put their name on it.
I have seen 7000Mah batts for the typhoon at $69 each and if you buy more than ten the price drops again.
The very good thing about Dhgate is the entire site is run via escrow.
Without wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs this means that you make an order and pay for it.
The payment does not go to the seller but stays with Dhgate who confirm its receipt to the seller.
Seller dispatches the goods and on receipt you inspect them, test them.
If all is well you tell Dhgate to release payment, if its not they retain the money till the issue is settled.
Remember iPads and iPhones are made in China, don't be too quick to knock them down as cheap and junk.

This is getting blown out of all proportion guys.
If you shop on Ebay, Amazon or anywhere else on-line you take a risk.
If you pay with PayPal you will ALWAYS get your money back if the item does not arrive.
If it has a tracking number, put it into the shippers website, if its valid you will see your item.
If the shipper loses it they pay for it.
If its not a tracked delivery seller pays for it
Do you not have distance selling regs in the US??

I have shopped on the Bay for years and only had one snag when a CD did not arrive, I lost £8.

During the years I have bought a car, 2 boats, RC helis, jewellery (which I had authenticated). I have probably saved tens of thousands of pounds so if I order a battery and it fails to appear I am still happy.

Just do your research and protect yourself.

If you pay by credit card you are also protected....
Make sure the site has contact details and valid working contact number.
Put their address into google maps, go to stree-tview and see if the shop is there etc etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval