Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Economy Transmitter Tray - Ground Station

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
Well this summer has been a very busy one but I finally got around to finishing a project I started a while back and have had quite a number of members asking about. As I mentioned in the Carbon Fiber Tray thread a while back, I wanted to expand on my Carbon Fiber Transmitter Tray with a version that was not only a little more economical but also; had a little more versatility. This new tray is made of a hardened Fiberglass material that doesn't cost nearly as much as Carbon Fiber but has a lot of the same properties such as being very strong, weather proof and so on.

In it's standard configuration (as a transmitter tray) it will perform exactly as the Carbon Version and will be available with either a basic neckstrap or the padded one, just like the Carbon Fiber Tray. In addition, it will be able to be converted to a stand alone Ground Station will just the addition of an adapter on the back and replacing the arms with normal bolts all of which can be done in the field in minutes. While the Transmitter Trey is fantastic for all around flying I've found that having the ability to set the controller on a free standing ground station can make some jobs much easier. I will be finalizing the web and details this weekend but for now here is a sneak peak at the new Tray and Ground Station.

Here it is as a Transmitter Tray

EconTrey04.jpg

EconTrey05.jpg

EconTrey03.jpg

EconTrey06.jpg

Long awaited, eagerly anticipated, and beautifully executed!! The only thing missing is the "Add to Cart" button! Can't find it anywhere.

Don't make me come down there to get one! ...And don't think I won't! Remember, I know where you live!?

As a newbie, the carbon fiber version is/has been on my list after I absorbed the cost of my new Drone and the DY5 charger, which I received today. Depending on price point, for the lesser version of the tray, I'll now need to choose. BTW, I also took your suggestion and received [also today] the HD Video Capture console. Your suggestions rock!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
One more thing [a suggestion]. The standard Cell Phone battery extender seem to be a good power source for the Capture Console. Neater appearance & easy to get.. Out put is 5V too...

Ty,
You have now made me go beyond my budget when you get some to sell and mail to Australia. The 2 of the carbon ones that I purchased have paid for themselves several times ( no sore necks and shoulder mucels) and are going very well but it is like fashion I will have to get the new one to see if it is better. My bank manager will thank you Ty. Johnno Hennessy.

Thanks Guys, I hope to have the new items added to the web shortly. There will be four versions of the new trey and I have added the sunshade extension that I designed and has been shown by @AH-1G in one of his threads. We decided to make the shades an open source item and I will be making a video showing how to make one soon but in the mean time I have them in stock too for anyone who wants one.

Reactions: AH-1G
Bang! o_O

The New Ecno Tray webpage is up at Copperdawg.com, and that loud sound you all just heard was me pulling the trigger on a Copperdawg Econ Tray Pro-GS! That makes me the first to buy one, and the first to lay claim to the title of the first to buy one! Guess that'll make me the first to review it too, if that Copperdawg guy ever gets around to actually shipping it out.
...Dang, it's been 15 minutes and I still don't have a tracking number. :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33