Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Europeans: attention to parts Yuneec you buy in the US!

Reaction score
I draw for caution, here the experience (distressing for now) I just live.
I live in France, I am equipped with a H Typhoon Pro and an Action Cam.
The Action Cam works perfectly with the CG03 Camera + when it is detached from the H to be mounted on the Action Cam and driven by my Samsung smartphone.
As I found useful to buy a precautionary one second CG03 + camera, I spoke to a US retail website the contact details found in this forum (it would be an excellent source of spare parts Yuneec).
So I ordered una camera CG03 + to this site, indicating that the device is intended to be mounted in devices H and Action Cam set for Europe.
I received the camera quickly ... alas, its Wi-Fi signal is not detected by my Samsung smartphone!
When I make the issue to the merchant site, you invite me to speak to Yuneec Europe, which manages my area!
So :
- Recommendation: be careful, even when warned to what devices accessories are bought, it can hide compatibility issues;
- A question: would it be sufficient to update the camera's firmware CG03 + purchased in the US and how?

Camera from the States probably has North America firmware, update your new camera with EU firmware and it will work just like your old one.

My CGO 3+ is from France and I cannot connect my mobile on it, so it's the same problem USA or Europe.
spare parts are the same, the only difference is in the software (firmware).

----------------------------------
Tu peux acheter des pièces aux USA sans soucis, mon Typhoon H est un modèle européen et j'achète toutes mes pièces aux USA car c'est plus proche que la France, je n'ai jamais eu de problèmes, elles sont toutes compatibles.
en revanche je n'ai jamais pu connecter ma CGO3 sur un mobile quel-qu’il soit.
La différence entre EU et USA est faite au niveau logiciel, pas matériel, sinon bonjour le casse tête et les coûts de production.

Last edited:
In his post he said he has one CGO3+ already and he can connect to it with his Samsung smartphone. He then goes on to say he ordered a spare CGO3+ from the USA and it will not connect to his Samsung smartphone. So the only difference would be firmware on the two different cameras. Make them both the same and it will solve his problem.

Does your phone connect to 5.8 wifi ?
That's the wifi the CG03+ transmits on.

If it does, here's a link to a place I found on the internet that may help you. I don't know what model phone you have, but it may also help with your phone:
How to fix Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that can't detect or connect to any Wi-Fi network [Troubleshooting Guide]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the suggestion, but my Samsung S6 Edge smartphone connects perfectly with all my other Wi-Fi hotspots, the problem is met only with the GC03+ camera purchased in the US.

Are the wifi hotspots you connecting to 2.4 wifi only?
Not all wifi hotspots have 2.4 and 5.8.

Camera from the States probably has North America firmware, update your new camera with EU firmware and it will work just like your old one.
Thank you, I'll try to update the firmware of the camera as sooen as my Typhoon H will return repaired.
But I wonder if the ST16 can connect to the GC03+ purchased in the US: the Wi-Fi will work?

My CGO 3+ is from France and I cannot connect my mobile on it, so it's the same problem USA or Europe.
spare parts are the same, the only difference is in the software (firmware).

----------------------------------
Tu peux acheter des pièces aux USA sans soucis, mon Typhoon H est un modèle européen et j'achète toutes mes pièces aux USA car c'est plus proche que la France, je n'ai jamais eu de problèmes, elles sont toutes compatibles.
en revanche je n'ai jamais pu connecter ma CGO3 sur un mobile quel-qu’il soit.
La différence entre EU et USA est faite au niveau logiciel, pas matériel, sinon bonjour le casse tête et les coûts de production.
Très sympa de me répondre en français.
La CG03+ se connecte à un smartphone Androïd ou Apple si tu charges l'appli CGO.

You may have to go into the settings on your phone to tell it to connect to 5.8 as well.

In his post he said he has one CGO3+ already and he can connect to it with his Samsung smartphone. He then goes on to say he ordered a spare CGO3+ from the USA and it will not connect to his Samsung smartphone. So the only difference would be firmware on the two different cameras. Make them both the same and it will solve his problem.
Thanks.
The update of the camera's firmware seems to necessarily be done from the ST16 Typhoon H.
But will the ST16 for Europe be able to connect via Wi-Fi to the camera prepared for the US?

Je confirme, un utilisateur français ne pouvait se connecter avec l'APP CGO3 depuis son Samsung tant que son Typhoon H était en version US. Il est passé en version EU et tout est rentré dans l'ordre.

Je confirme, un utilisateur français ne pouvait se connecter avec l'APP CGO3 depuis son Samsung tant que son Typhoon H était en version US. Il est passé en version EU et tout est rentré dans l'ordre.
Merci Oliver, mais mon cas est différent : c'est ma CG03+ qui est en version US et mon Typhoon H en version EU.
Ce que je me dis actuellement, c'est que si jamais la ST16 (en version EU) n'arrive pas à connecter en Wi-Fi la CG03+, il faudra probablement que je bascule la ST16 en version US puis - une fois la CG03+ connectée -, rebasculer le tout en version EU.

Merci Oliver, mais mon cas est différent : c'est ma CG03+ qui est en version US et mon Typhoon H en version EU.
Ce que je me dis actuellement, c'est que si jamais la ST16 (en version EU) n'arrive pas à connecter en Wi-Fi la CG03+, il faudra probablement que je bascule la ST16 en version US puis - une fois la CG03+ connectée -, rebasculer le tout en version EU.
Suis d'accord sur l'ordre des manips, cela semble logique

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeedentclinic