Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

EV-Peak Charger Question

Reaction score
Hey guys, was wondering for anyone using the EV-Peak charger. I just got it in the mail today. I know the charger says it will discharge the battery down to 3.85v automatically. I was curious how do you put it in discharge mode? I see the buttons at the bottom that say storage but when I click it it changes the mode from Idle to Charging. Does the battery have to be full first before it can discharge? Thanks

I have the Morpilot DY3 which is identical to the EV-Peak. Its work well for me. I just have to occasionally spray the contacts with contact cleaner (no oil, safe with plastics).

It also doesn't leave me wondering what's going on with the battery. You can see the status of each cell of the battery.

Yeah I ordered it because faster charger times, but also I charged my battery up the night before and didn' get to fly for 2 days and wanted to discharge.

For others watching this thread, the EV-Peak is set to storage mode by pressing and holding the button for a few seconds. The display then indicates it is in storage mode.

Reactions: TDc
Should also point out, if memory serves me,
If the battery is below storage voltage, it will charge it UPTO storage voltage.
If the battery is above storage voltage, it discharge to storage voltage.

Reactions: TDc
Should also point out, if memory serves me,
If the battery is below storage voltage, it will charge it UPTO storage voltage.
If the battery is above storage voltage, it discharge to storage voltage.

Exactly... also note that discharging down takes considerably longer than charging up, so I have now been flying all my batteries to about 14.5V on the ST-16, under load in a hover. That consistently bounces back to within a tenth of a volt away from the 3.85 target voltage for storage. Have been able to keep discharge time to under 30 minutes. :)

So to answer you @flightcohq, it will take less time to fly down a battery, than to discharge a fully charged but unused battery. Discharging from fully charged to storage voltage can take 4+ hours... :eek:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss