Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Exif info

Reaction score
I noticed that GPS and other info is missing in my pictures after taking them. I shoot only DNG. Is there a setting I am missing to enable the EXIF info? I would like GPS location and height and if possible shutter speed and ISO info.

An example I get from my 6D is here in the attachment. Just wondering.

Thanks,
Sam

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 6.00.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 6.00.16 AM.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 22
The info you detail looks to be specific to your camera and is most likely programmed by Canon.
I doubt the CGO3+ includes that info in the output.
As far as GPS and Altitude, that would come from the flight log that you would obtain from the telemetry output from the the transmitter. A micro SD card is required to be insertedinto the controller to capture this info. I dont know how you can link telemetry info with a specific snapshot but I know with the CGO3 (Typhoon Q500 4K) you would use a 3rd party software (Dashware) to convert the telemetry into GPS/Altitude/speed/Distance and then corrdinate timing between the video and the file output.

I only know this from reading and research not actual experience.

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
The info you detail looks to be specific to your camera and is most likely programmed by Canon.
I doubt the CGO3+ includes that info in the output.
As far as GPS and Altitude, that would come from the flight log that you would obtain from the telemetry output from the the transmitter. A micro SD card is required to be insertedinto the controller to capture this info. I dont know how you can link telemetry info with a specific snapshot but I know with the CGO3 (Typhoon Q500 4K) you would use a 3rd party software (Dashware) to convert the telemetry into GPS/Altitude/speed/Distance and then corrdinate timing between the video and the file output.

I only know this from reading and research not actual experience.

Thank you for your response. Good to know.

Really this should be written to the EXIF, I have realised that the capture time is not even written to video files so I am hoping Yuneec fix in a future firmware.

In the short term I am pretty sure that applications such as Lightroom can compare the date and times of files without GPS metadata with files that do and match them up as best it can. You might be able to do something with the data form the ST-16 and write in to the file or although not accurate you can take a snapshot with your smartphone when you fly and Lightroom will use that as a rough set of coordinates.

Really this should be written to the EXIF, I have realised that the capture time is not even written to video files so I am hoping Yuneec fix in a future firmware.

In the short term I am pretty sure that applications such as Lightroom can compare the date and times of files without GPS metadata with files that do and match them up as best it can. You might be able to do something with the data form the ST-16 and write in to the file or although not accurate you can take a snapshot with your smartphone when you fly and Lightroom will use that as a rough set of coordinates.

I use Lightroom CC and it doesnt show the info. Thats one of the reasons I would like to see this. MY Canon 6D has GPS and logs it in the pic, but this CGO3+ doesn't....hmmm...makes me wonder why its not.

snippet: MY Canon 6D has GPS and logs it in the pic, but this CGO3+ doesn't....hmmm...makes me wonder why its not.
Your Canon 6D is a $1400 body and the CGO3+ is ~$400 for the entire unit with gimbal ? (Obviously being facetious)

The CGO3+ includes all the exif data in JPEG files so it seems to be a bug or software limitation for it not to appear also in DNG. I haven't had a digital camera in over 10 years that didn't have basic exif data included.

Reactions: Samuel Fowler

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trienchieu369