Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA 107 !?

Reaction score
Ok so hoping someone can clear this up little confused ... I came across this article on the web which I'll post the link. From the way it sounds in this article come August you won't need a pilots license to fly as a business the way I am reading it.
Than I come across this on FAA website which totally is not the case from what it sounds so I'm little confused .
Link to article
How FAA Part 107 Regulation Impacts Commercial Drone Operations

And what I read on FAA
Pilot Certification
To operate the controls of a small UAS under Part 107, you need a remote pilot airman certificate with a small UAS rating, or be under the direct supervision of a person who holds such a certificate

You must be at least 16 years old to qualify for a remote pilot certificate, and you can obtain it in one of two ways:

• You may pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center.
  • If you already have a Part 61 pilot certificate, other than a student pilot certificate, you must have completed a flight review in the previous 24 months and you must take a small UAS online training course provided by the FAA.

Your 107 authorizes you to fly commercially, but you still need to obtain along with it a Pilots certificate to fly your 107'd UAS !

Your 107 authorizes you to fly commercially, but you still need to obtain along with it a Pilots certificate to fly your 107'd UAS !
Very confusing , how does one obtain the certificate is there a way to take test online ?

Very confusing , how does one obtain the certificate is there a way to take test online ?
The 107 test out now is just a practice test, if you have a Pilots 61 training you can do the test online. if no pilots training in the past you will have to go to a FAA Regional Office to take the Pilots Certificate Test, Read the FAA 107 it states what you will/will not be able to do

Hmmm

So, in order to take the Pilots Certificate Test at an FAA Regional Office what should one study to prepare?

Would studying and inwardly digesting the AC 107-2 provide sufficient knowledge to pass?

I know it would only be an opinion but is that the intent of that publication?

Hmmm

So, in order to take the Pilots Certificate Test at an FAA Regional Office what should one study to prepare?

Would studying and inwardly digesting the AC 107-2 provide sufficient knowledge to pass?

I was told by FAA to study the Part 61, Which I haven't looked for yet? What ever the 61 is!

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
Hmmm

If you need the link, here is the 107 course to check out...

Safer Skies Through Education - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

And, this UAV lawyer has written some good study pages here on her website.

Sarah Nilsson - UAG Test Prep - 1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval