Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA announces new rules for Small UAS this morning

For business, commercial to make money you need 333 but also pilots license which that is the part I can't figure out. I am having hard time trying to find online exactly how , where you can go for the pilots license. Is there online classes etc , does anyone have info on this? Lets just say someone comes up to you and says hey can you get me some photos from above and they are willing to pay you , how is anyone really going to know? Unless your running a complete business and advertising than I can see you might be targeted . Any info would help also about how to go about getting that pilots license.

I
For business, commercial to make money you need 333 but also pilots license which that is the part I can't figure out. I am having hard time trying to find online exactly how , where you can go for the pilots license. Is there online classes etc , does anyone have info on this? Lets just say someone comes up to you and says hey can you get me some photos from above and they are willing to pay you , how is anyone really going to know? Unless your running a complete business and advertising than I can see you might be targeted . Any info would help also about how to go about getting that pilots license.

I'm a certified private pilot. Getting that will cost you about 6-8k depending on hours. I spoke to someone in the FAA, and it looks like there will be a drone certification coming soon. That should be a lot less.. 2-3k

Most decent sized airports have someone offering flying lessons.

That includes small town locations.

Check online or perhaps with A.O.P.A. (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) .. often you can get a good deal on your first lesson (mine was $49 and I was hooked)

I believe the average number of lessons you can expect before taking the test is about forty, with solo flights starting around 14 to 18 lessons depending on personal ability.

I started back around 2002, did 13 hours, but the cost of gas was rocketing and I called it enough. :(

Back then it was $70 for the plane for one hour, 25 for the instructor and with gas it came to $108 but this started to climb and when it got to $130 per lesson I saw no slow down in the increases so quit.

I don't think a FAA pilots license for a manned aircraft will satisfy the new part 107 certificate requirement. If it will please I'd love to know where it says that.

I don't think a FAA pilots license for a manned aircraft will satisfy the new part 107 certificate requirement. If it will please I'd love to know where it says that.

I don't think it is required for the new rules, however at present a sports pilot license is.

I was referring to Rick K's question regarding the way to get a pilots license.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval