Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA exemption process specifics?

Reaction score
have any of you become certified to do commercial aerial photography work with your q500 4k? what specific faa forms are involved (please list all form numbers). also, what did you have to go through and how long did it take? i happen to be a private pilot (single engine land) if that matters.

thanks,
carl

I have a FAA 333, just google FAA 333 and click on the FAA and you will see forms and instructions. It is rather lengthy, but you can, and I did (they allow) you to download exemptions granted and I just changed my name, UAV and specific reliefs I wanted for my type work, submit online and a long 6 months later I was approved for my Phantom 3 Pro . FAA is looking to simplify and quicken the process very soon, so it may be better to just wait. Even when you get the 333 you still (personally) can not fly the craft (for money-commercially) unless you have a minimum of a Sports Pilots License! Ridiculous!, but true. They are changing that soon too!, But I already had a SPL.

I have a FAA 333, just google FAA 333 and click on the FAA and you will see forms and instructions. It is rather lengthy, but you can, and I did (they allow) you to download exemptions granted and I just changed my name, UAV and specific reliefs I wanted for my type work, submit online and a long 6 months later I was approved for my Phantom 3 Pro . FAA is looking to simplify and quicken the process very soon, so it may be better to just wait. Even when you get the 333 you still (personally) can not fly the craft (for money-commercially) unless you have a minimum of a Sports Pilots License! Ridiculous!, but true. They are changing that soon too!, But I already had a SPL.

there are lots of links...some trying to sell you their services. can you give me a specific link that is the location you got your info? did you keep a copy of all your forms? what are the numbers on the forms? thanks.

Link is: Section 333
Just follow the "Guideline to File a Petition for 333" There is a instructional video and PDF Manual, it's to much to explain myself on a forum. Just go to "Exemptions Granted" and you can open someones file and download it and then save as a Word file and edit it to your name and liking's, Cheaper than hiring a lawyer or someone to file for you! Just make sure to thoroughly copy a good one and submit info on your aircraft etc, it's self explanatory .

Just follow the "Guideline to File a Petition for 333" There is a instructional video and PDF Manual, it's to much to explain myself on a forum. Just go to "Exemptions Granted" and you can open someones file and download it and then save as a Word file and edit it to your name and liking's, Cheaper than hiring a lawyer or someone to file for you! Just make sure to thoroughly copy a good one and submit info on your aircraft etc, it's self explanatory .

thank you very much...wish me luck!

Do you know if FAA 333 is only USA? I'm in Canada and find it hard to find specific info for some reason.
cheers

Dez, I saw this, "Transport Canada"

The popularity of drones has pointed a spotlight on what is acceptable under the law, despite the fact Canadian rules and regulations are playing catch-up to determine what the limits actually are. What is clear is that flying a drone for commercial reasons is regulated by Transport Canada and requires what’s called a Special Flight Operations Certificate. The government body considers drones to be unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), and sets rules based on the fact there is someone controlling it from a distance.

Here ya go Dez!
Get permission to fly your UAV
To use your UAV for any form of work or research, you are legally required to apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC). This applies to all UAVs used for anything but the fun of flying and regardless of how much they weigh. Transport Canada inspectors will review your SFOC application and determine what safety conditions are needed to reduce the risks.

You must send a detailed application to the Transport Canada Civil Aviation office in the region where you intend to fly your UAV. Your application must include your contact information and describe how, when and where you plan to use your UAV, as well as how you plan to deal with the safety risks.

You can find detailed information on what you need to include in your application in the SFOC staff instruction.

Reactions: Dezzzy.D
Here ya go Dez!
Get permission to fly your UAV
To use your UAV for any form of work or research, you are legally required to apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC). This applies to all UAVs used for anything but the fun of flying and regardless of how much they weigh. Transport Canada inspectors will review your SFOC application and determine what safety conditions are needed to reduce the risks.

You must send a detailed application to the Transport Canada Civil Aviation office in the region where you intend to fly your UAV. Your application must include your contact information and describe how, when and where you plan to use your UAV, as well as how you plan to deal with the safety risks.

You can find detailed information on what you need to include in your application in the SFOC staff instruction.
Try this link for instructions:
UAV SFOC How To – Part 2 Read & Read Some More

Reactions: Dezzzy.D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval