Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA Registration

Reaction score
I have an H that I have registered withh FAA in June 2018, I recently purchased two breezes, do I have to register each new one separately, hobby use only

As long as you are a hobbyist, the same number can be put on your entire fleet.
Thanks for the great info, so as I understand it then, only the first bird ID number is actually registered, the following ones serial numbers are not actually "registered"

Actually you could think of it like this: YOU are registered as a drone flyer and every drone you own or fly has YOUR unique (No Pun Intended) registration number.;)

Only the commercial operators have to register each aircraft separately, but the same applies - that number ties that aircraft to us.

When you go to the FAA Drone Zone website and create an account, “for now” there are 2 dashboards: 107 Dashboard and 336 Dashboard.

107 Dashboard - This is where commercial pilots register each individual aircraft. This gives the aircraft its own number. For hobby use, you can, if you want, register your aircraft here if you plan to use it for business in the future as well. $5 each time. Valid for 3 years.

336 Dashboard - This is where hobbiest pilots register themselves for a unique number. You mark each of your hobby use aircraft with this number. $5 once. All aircraft use the same number. Valid for 3 years.

I say “for now” because there are new rules coming soon......

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Hobby Operation - Operator is registered and the SAME reg# is applied to all aircraft. No serial #'s involved. This aircraft can ONLY be flown for Hobby/Recreational Purposes.

Commercial or Public Use Operations - Each individual aircraft is registered using the aircraft's manufacturer's serial # (If applicable). Each aircraft get a unique FAA Reg#. A Commercially Registered Aircraft can be flown for Commercial/Public Use or Hobby purposes and does not need a hobby# to be flown as such. In fact in the USA an aircraft can ONLY have a single registration # by the FARs.

Here's a graphic that might help with the labeling confusion going around right now:

Reactions: Phaedrus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1