Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA UAS Piliot Rating?

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I was looking into an IACRA or FAA complient rating system that would correspond to the pilot and his/her craft. This in turn dignifying the respectability and air worthiness of the said PIlot. Any and all Input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Until equipment certification and flight test standards are developed and implemented I don’t see how a rating system could be possible. The entire pilot rating system is predicated on pilots demonstrating their skill and knowledge against well documented, published performance standards.

IMO, any test standard they might come up with needs to have testing performed without benefit of GPS. As things are now, with 30 minutes of “practice” the average 5 year old could fly as good or better as most when using GPS assisted flight. That was sort supported when a UAV outfit developed a new operating system and invited a Cub Scout troop to come in and fly the simulators. Most of them flew almost as well as many of the company’s experienced pilots.

Last edited:
I agree with Pat R, a certification with out using GPS would be a standard, and it needs to be done outdoors flying at multiple altitudes and distances. For the whole duration of a fully charged battery. Now we'll see what real pilots are made of. Talk about pressure!

What do you guys think about:

AUVSI TOP Program

I was browsing Embry Riddle’s sUAS programs and they’re a provider for the certification. I’m registered with AUVSI but have not joined yet....was considering the Remote Pilot level for $69 a year.

Any particular reason why? Seems like a pretty well thought out program, with support from some heavy hitters. I have a lot of respect for Embry Riddle....I wouldn’t think they’d offer to support and conduct a program of little value.

Embry Riddle TOP Program

I have a very low opinion of Embry Riddle, from their crash course pilot training all the way up though their executive management selection process. I’ve worked with both levels.

AUVSI is an organization dedicated to generating revenue for the AUVSI. Look at the length of their history and note how few accomplishments they’ve succeeded in. They have been in lock step with the FAA and OGA’s from day one of the process that was initiated to restrict us. Political back scratching does nothing to further OUR interests but goes far in promoting heavy hitter corporate interests and setting themselves up for advisory or other direct management positions to support them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diagram overseer