Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA watching Youtube. A new strategy:

Yep, or maybe snitches.
I have mixed feelings about YouTube, good-bad depending on the situation or the moon phase (joke).
Newbie drone owners, watching some of the videos, may start to believe they can do as they wish, no fear.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Like any other media source there is both good and bad on YouTube. The unfortunate part is that the bad seems to always grab the most attention. Why the the fiasco with PhillyDroneLife continued for so many months is completely beyond me. With YouTube allowing him to monetize his channel without having his Part 107 certification is completely beyond me. In my opinion (a little under .02 worth), YouTube should bear some of the financial responsibility for the income they received via advertising linked to that channel. His blatant disregard for FAA regulations and his ignoring the warning letters put him in the pot he is stewing in. I have some potatoes and carrots to add to Mikey stew.

Personally I can’t understand how anyone could listen to the incessant and inane babble spilling forth during his shows. I watched about 90 seconds of two different videos and that was about 85 seconds too long on each.

What a Foolish Person. No wonder the FAA finally stepped up due to foolish people like this with Total disregard to safety.
$$$$$$$$$185.000. I did feel sorry for him when I heard what penalties he is facing but not now:mad: I watched the full video, yes it was hard listening to all the bull from him. I think I seen 1190 ft at one point and to think he was pushing his luck on a very low battery also. Yes it's guys like him that in influencing others to take the same chances.
Regards.
Mike

Reactions: chascoadmin
It's about time the FAA started doing this. They need to do a lot more before the dumb@$$ brigades finally get the idea that the FAA WILL fine you.

I hardly ever post to YouTube mostly because I rarely fly for fun and my work stuff is exceedingly boring and the work product is owned by my clients, mostly local government agencies. But I get to fly in lots of fun places in the LA area, so that's cool.

What a Foolish Person. No wonder the FAA finally stepped up due to foolish people like this with Total disregard to safety.
Good grief, who could watch that with the sound on for more than a few seconds?
And should he be out on his own, surely there is someone looking after him?

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish
In my opinion (a little under .02 worth), YouTube should bear some of the financial responsibility for the income they received via advertising linked to that channel.
Not really. YouTube isn't their boss telling them to do it. The video creator decides what to make all on their own.
It's not YouTube's place to decide what's legal and what's not... until they're told by an authority such as a court that the video is of a crime, they can't just decide it is.

That said, YouTube really is a steaming pile of crap in that regard lately. They've been adding their own narrative to lots of videos lately. Videos about Australian elections apparently show that thing about Biden, videos that mention the flu sometimes get the Coronavirus links added... Maybe they are controlling the content enough to declare them responsible. ??‍♂️

• Wow
A very good break down on how the FAA looks at the rules. Not how you might think they work but how they actually work and why the Philly guy got zapped with over $180 thousand in fines. Best explanation I have seen to date and a few that surprised me.
Probably the best 30 minutes I have spent on Youtube.

I don't always agree with FAA overseeing our hobby ... however this guy was a nut job and needs to be fined! ..

Most of us respect our hobby aircraft and understand if it's not airworthy or low battery alarm we bring home immediately or don't fly at all.

With the idea the "morons" drone could have dropped out of the sky and cause harm to others and property.

I'm glad he was fined - What an idiot!

This is where we get a bad rap from people like this for a hobby we enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal