Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Faulty Picture

Toshiba is out of the Lap Top business, good luck finding video card!

If you're running on a desktop, any video card should fit and work.
If it's a laptop I don't think you can swap out the video card, I think it's part of the motherboard.
BUT, there is no point if your computer is so slow it can't handle the data flow.
Somewhere in win7 there should be a "settings", click on that and there should be an "about". Click on that and see what information that gives us.
Probably minimal ram and a slow processor speed
I'll bet a 2009 computer running win7 is slower than watching grass grow
Probably fast enough for its day, but not in this day and age

Reactions: AH-1G
I had to buy a new computer to play my H videos. Ended up with a gamer computer with a great video card and crazy colored lights in the case that have a remote control. Anyway, the old windows 7 unit couldn't process the 4k.

Try a reducing app to convert your video to a lower res, and I bet it will play fine, but not be quite as sharp.

Reactions: AH-1G
If you're running on a desktop, any video card should fit and work.
If it's a laptop I don't think you can swap out the video card, I think it's part of the motherboard.
BUT, there is no point if your computer is so slow it can't handle the data flow.
Somewhere in win7 there should be a "settings", click on that and there should be an "about". Click on that and see what information that gives us.
Probably minimal ram and a slow processor speed
I'll bet a 2009 computer running win7 is slower than watching grass grow
Probably fast enough for its day, but not in this day and age

Can you tell me the difference between my antique 2009 Toshiba laptop and my wife's 2011 Toshiba laptop? UAV Pilot runs just fine on hers with a perfect picture!

Vic

Can you tell me the difference between my antique 2009 Toshiba laptop and my wife's 2011 Toshiba laptop? UAV Pilot runs just fine on hers with a perfect picture!

Vic
Yours is an antique hers in newer!

Last edited:
2 years newer? Likely has a faster, more robust video card... faster RAM, etc.

What are the model numbers for both laptops? There may still be spec data for them on the internet and I could give a more qualified answer.

What are the model numbers for both laptops? There may still be spec data for them on the internet and I could give a more qualified answer.

Mine is a P500 & hers is an L670. It amazes me that of all of the thousands of videos I've seen, that's the only picture with a problem.

Vic

Mine is a P500 & hers is an L670. It amazes me that of all of the thousands of videos I've seen, that's the only picture with a problem.

Vic

The sim is not a video. It is a 3D world like in a First Person Shooter game and it simulates flying the Typhoon H like in real life. I’ll go look up the specs of both machines now.

Looks like Toshiba put out several versions of each model with quite different specs within the same model line.

Your best bet is to compare the CPU, amount of memory, and graphics card to the minimum specs Yuneec says are needed to run the simulator. At least it runs ok on the wife’s computer.

I also saw several links on the internet where the P200 would get garbled graphics due to overheating of the GPU.

Last edited:
The sim is not a video. It is a 3D world like in a First Person Shooter game and it simulates flying the Typhoon H like in real life. I’ll go look up the specs of both machines now.

Looks like Toshiba put out several versions of each model with quite different specs within the same model line.

Your best bet is to compare the CPU, amount of memory, and graphics card to the minimum specs Yuneec says are needed to run the simulator. At least it runs ok on the wife’s computer.

I also saw several links on the internet where the P200 would get garbled graphics due to overheating of the GPU.

I guess overheating isn't a problem on my wife's computer---the simulator ran fine when the system shut down. I removed the fan and pulled two dog hair fur balls out of it. Now it spins normally. Her CPU runs at 2.4 GHz vs my at 2.0 GHz. Do you suppose that would make a difference? I could upgrade my RAM to 8 GHz for $270 (or less?) but not the CPU.

I guess overheating isn't a problem on my wife's computer---the simulator ran fine when the system shut down. I removed the fan and pulled two dog hair fur balls out of it. Now it spins normally. Her CPU runs at 2.4 GHz vs my at 2.0 GHz. Do you suppose that would make a difference? I could upgrade my RAM to 8 GHz for $270 (or less?) but not the CPU.

The specs for the Sim say you need at least a dual core CPU at 2.4 GHz so adding memory won’t help. The processor calculates the physics while the GPU calculates the 3D display (in 2D for the display). Time to borrow the wife’s computer or buy a new one.

The specs for the Sim say you need at least a dual core CPU at 2.4 GHz so adding memory won’t help. The processor calculates the physics while the GPU calculates the 3D display (in 2D for the display). Time to borrow the wife’s computer or buy a new one.

Thanks! I think you're right. I tried to research a CPU upgrade but got lost trying to figure out if mine was plugged in or soldered in.

Thanks! I think you're right. I tried to research a CPU upgrade but got lost trying to figure out if mine was plugged in or soldered in.

Money will be better spent on a new machine. Just make sure it has a real GPU and not a junk built in Intel graphics. Has at least 4GB of memory and an i5 or i7 processor. The newer processors may not have to run at 2.4 GHz or higher as they can do more than the older dual core processors, but I would check with Yuneec CS to verify that before making a purchase.

Money will be better spent on a new machine. Just make sure it has a real GPU and not a junk built in Intel graphics. Has at least 4GB of memory and an i5 or i7 processor. The newer processors may not have to run at 2.4 GHz or higher as they can do more than the older dual core processors, but I would check with Yuneec CS to verify that before making a purchase.

Thanks for your help! I think we're done with this thread.

Vic

I hope I’ve helped some Vic. I am very close to the same situation when it comes to editing 4K video. Going to need a new machine and new software. Ouch!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio