Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Faulty Picture

Vic

Reaction score
What is wrong with this picture? Nothing else acts close to this phenomena on this computer.

Vic19.JPG

Have never seen that on UAV Pilot... have you tried it on another computer/device?

What version of Windows and what is the video card used in the laptop? That truly appears to be a problem with the graphics card driver and UAV Pilot clashing.

The last graphics driver for my ThinkPad under Win10 Pro gives me goofy graphics overlays in my golf game. I can’t seem to rollback to the previous driver either.

What version of Windows and what is the video card used in the laptop? That truly appears to be a problem with the graphics card driver and UAV Pilot clashing.

The last graphics driver for my ThinkPad under Win10 Pro gives me goofy graphics overlays in my golf game. I can’t seem to rollback to the previous driver either.

You are over my head but I'll throw you some info I found. I'm running Windows 7 and here's some more info that may or may not be what you're asking for.

Chip Type: ATI Display Adapter (0x9480)
DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)
Adapter String: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Vic

It could be a graphics card issue or a corrupted file in the UAV app. I would reinstall the app, if that doesn't fix the problem than it's more than likely a graphics card issue.

Here are the system requirements for UAV Pilot. Your graphics card supports DirectX 10.1 so that is good, but not sure about the rest of your system. You may still need to update the graphics driver if the rest of your computer supports the minimum requirements.

System requirements

• Compatible with Windows
  • DirectX9c compatible graphics card
  • Min. 500 MB video memory
  • 4 GB main memory
  • Dual Core 2.4 GHz CPU

Someone else might be in the know.
The UAV sim MAY not play well with Win7
Your computer MAY not be fast enough to keep up!!
If you know someone with a computer with windows later than 7 and/or a NON radeon graphics card you could try on that
It might eliminate some possibilities

Actually on second look, it almost seems like an interference from top left of your screen.
Any possibilities close by???

Actually on second look, it almost seems like an interference from top left of your screen.
Any possibilities close by???
That just happened to be the look when I took the picture. I can get an infinite variety of gaps, triangles, etc. while flying around.

Vic

I can confirm that UAV Pilot will work on a Win 7 computer... so it's not the OS.

That just happened to be the look when I took the picture. I can get an infinite variety of gaps, triangles, etc. while flying around.

Vic
What do you mean when flying around, so these images are from the micro card and not the monitor having issues?
I'm under the assumption your lap top is going bad or old.

I think he means when the drone is flying around within the Sim... in other words during normal UAV Pilot operation.

Simulator, dang it's not may day:oops:.
I still think his graphics card can't handle it.

Vic,

If you are getting funky triangles and such your video card or graphics driver is not up to the task of running UAV Pilot. The latest version of UAV Pilot was released in 2016 and your video card was released in 2009.

It is very likely you need a more up to date computer to run the Simulator.

Toshiba issue when overheated
Toshiba laptops are notorious for overheating, causing problems such as the system ... Cameras · Headphones · Printers · Smart Home · TVs · Gaming and Video ... of the laptop being very hot while the computer is working, or the fans running at ... Internet windows being open at the same time, or an Internet video stream

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/about-toshiba-laptops-overheating

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy