Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Features you would like to see.

Reaction score
Ok...one thing that is hard to get right is the features the USER wants. This goes for anything ever made. Some products have one set of features and the other has different. What would you like to see added to your H?

1. Longer lasting battery.
I believe this can be achieved with todays technology.

2. Dual camera system.

In addition to the cog3+...have a forward facing fov cam for the pilot in team mode. Yes i know there is another drone being relesed soon with this option. (Honestly i think i thought of it first a long time ago....lol)

3. Definitely a more versatile camera with better optics.

I know yuneec is gonna make options in different areas for this and i look forward to seeing what they come up with.

4. Better software with tablet use option.

Let me explain...i would like to be able to use a tablet that shows all my telemtry and a map of where my drone is while flying with a variety of options. (Put in your own ideas here)

So what do yall think? Lets hear those ideas.

Bill W.

I've talked with a couple of companies in this area, and the problem is that everyone comes up with a different wish list. It costs a lot of money to develop some of this stuff, so if you build it, you need to know that enough people will actually pay for it. There are so many cool features or improvements you could think of adding to any drone, but if you added all of them it would cost you thousands, so most people would realistically choose a couple of things - and the problem is that everyone chooses a different couple. It makes it uneconomic to develop, if only a handful of people will buy something.

For instance, you want a longer lasting battery, but I'm happy with 15-20 minute flights between changes, and if I want to be in the air for longer I'll use two or more batteries. For the camera, some people want narrower lenses, some want faster frame rates, some want higher resolution, some want zoom, some want greater bit-depth and some want broadcast-quality codecs, some want swappable lenses, some want infrared, some want filters. You can deliver all of those things - the BlackMagic Micro camera does all of those things, and costs around $1200 for the body only, no wireless link or gimball. But then you'd sell to a handful of people. As it is, I don't imagine the Peau lens guys are making huge amounts of money from their work, so that puts a limit on the number of after market mods you'll see.

That's not to say there won't be some cool things developed for the H - it's a modular platform that invites customisation - but as users, we have to put some value on the things we want and support people creating those things. If you want a dual camera system, would you be willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks for it? Three hundred? More?

Reactions: abinder and Rayray
I've talked with a couple of companies in this area, and the problem is that everyone comes up with a different wish list. It costs a lot of money to develop some of this stuff, so if you build it, you need to know that enough people will actually pay for it. There are so many cool features or improvements you could think of adding to any drone, but if you added all of them it would cost you thousands, so most people would realistically choose a couple of things - and the problem is that everyone chooses a different couple. It makes it uneconomic to develop, if only a handful of people will buy something.

For instance, you want a longer lasting battery, but I'm happy with 15-20 minute flights between changes, and if I want to be in the air for longer I'll use two or more batteries. For the camera, some people want narrower lenses, some want faster frame rates, some want higher resolution, some want zoom, some want greater bit-depth and some want broadcast-quality codecs, some want swappable lenses, some want infrared, some want filters. You can deliver all of those things - the BlackMagic Micro camera does all of those things, and costs around $1200 for the body only, no wireless link or gimball. But then you'd sell to a handful of people. As it is, I don't imagine the Peau lens guys are making huge amounts of money from their work, so that puts a limit on the number of after market mods you'll see.

That's not to say there won't be some cool things developed for the H - it's a modular platform that invites customisation - but as users, we have to put some value on the things we want and support people creating those things. If you want a dual camera system, would you be willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks for it? Three hundred? More?
I realise that. But still fun to wish and wonder.
Have you seen this new drone?

It has a lot of features but still comes short in one area......its a quad.

Bill W.

I think it would be fairly easy to add a small fpv cam to the H to bind to the pilot controller in team mode. Not mush weight added either. The battery issue bugs me because they advertised more flight time amd no one is getting that. But dont get me wrong i love the H so far. Not to many dissapointments.

Bill W.

What you should do is compile a wish list and create a poll. If anything gets more than a couple of hundred votes, it'd probably be worth investing in.

Ok...one thing that is hard to get right is the features the USER wants. This goes for anything ever made. Some products have one set of features and the other has different. What would you like to see added to your H?

1. Longer lasting battery.
I believe this can be achieved with todays technology.

2. Dual camera system.

In addition to the cog3+...have a forward facing fov cam for the pilot in team mode. Yes i know there is another drone being relesed soon with this option. (Honestly i think i thought of it first a long time ago....lol)

3. Definitely a more versatile camera with better optics.

I know yuneec is gonna make options in different areas for this and i look forward to seeing what they come up with.

4. Better software with tablet use option.

Let me explain...i would like to be able to use a tablet that shows all my telemtry and a map of where my drone is while flying with a variety of options. (Put in your own ideas here)

So what do yall think? Lets hear those ideas.

Bill W.
Sounds like you need a P4 or Inspire! LOL ! Seriously though!;) To a small extent, of build a DIY drone . Good ideas though, In my range of liking's!

The possibility to use the Wizard as a target for the cgo3+.
A kind of "watch the wizard" mode. With the st16 controlling the flight.
More security and no need to a second St16 nor pilot.
Pretty good for moving subjects (horse riders, cars...)

Reactions: BillyTexas
The possibility to use the Wizard as a target for the cgo3+.
A kind of "watch the wizard" mode. With the st16 controlling the flight.
More security and no need to a second St16 nor pilot.
Pretty good for moving subjects (horse riders, cars...)
Yes...that is a good one and i would imagine not to difficult to make happen. Probably just some software or firmware update.

Bill W.

I would like to see other camera options for the H
We have the CGO3+, and soon an expensive FLIR.
I would settle for a camera that had lower resolution if it had some zoom, even if it had to be ground adjusted. Maybe a camera with easy to change lens options.
But then I don't want to have to pay taxes either.

Billy, you gettin **** rains down Houston area? It has been raining horses and cows here and massive lightning for 2 hours!

Billy, you gettin **** rains down Houston area? It has been raining horses and cows here and massive lightning for 2 hours!
We had some storms come thru. But not terrible. It was enough to keep my orange and grapefruit trees from getting thirsty.

Bill W.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval