Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Feedback on battery holder

Reaction score
Hi. I've drawn up a battery holder for the Yuneec H to use a Mutlistar 8000mAh 4S. Anyone with a 3D printer interested to test it out and give me fro feedback before I put it up on Thinkiverse ?

Attachments

• new.PNG
    new.PNG
    274.3 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Rayray and Ralphy
Here is a working test for a battery holder if anyone wants to test it and give feedback. I'll be flying with this one on the weekend and decide what changes I make. I think the locking pin needs to be a fraction further out and have a slight angle to make removal easier.

Yuneec Typhoon H battery try by covert

Attachments

• IMG_0367-s.jpg
    IMG_0367-s.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Ralphy
I used the assitance of a very knowlegable engineer to help me improve the design and make it safe for everyone.

Word of caution: If you print it in PLA it will look great and probably fit nice too. BUT IT WILL MELT if you run it continuously for 20min !

The multistar 8000mah will get hot.....over 100F.

Mr. No fear on the forum confirmed these temps and here in south florida ive gotten temps of 145F.

Please use this with caution, i wouldnt want people risking their 1k investment trying to save $35.

download_20160712_173642.jpg

Reactions: Covert
Thanks for the heads up. I also would never recommend using PLA for any RC hobby based. I only use PLA for test prints these days then use ABS for the final. Less bed warmup time.

I live in Australia and PLA becomes really really soft just leaving it in the car on a hot day :/

Thanks for the heads up. I also would never recommend using PLA for any RC hobby based. I only use PLA for test prints these days then use ABS for the final. Less bed warmup time.

I live in Australia and PLA becomes really really soft just leaving it in the car on a hot day :/

We tried really hard to do it in ABS on several machines and got constant failures. If you can do it thats really good. We got warps and cracks along the thin wall surfaces. Z steps calibration is Critical for proper fit .

Check in with Andy from quadcam i know his design is similar to your setup using full deans.

ABS is tricky. But results are good.

I'll be trying to PC next when I have time.

My idea is to have one try for every battery. The battery stays in the tray for good. I considered having easy swap with a XT60, there is room for it in my one but I wont be doing that for my use case. I want 6-8 batteries in try's ready to go when I need them.

I haven't seen the one Andy has. I'm new to this forum.

We tried really hard to do it in ABS on several machines and got constant failures. If you can do it thats really good. We got warps and cracks along the thin wall surfaces. Z steps calibration is Critical for proper fit .

Check in with Andy from quadcam i know his design is similar to your setup using full deans.

So if you could not get the ABS to print what are your tray printed in? Or are they a molded unit?

ABS is tricky. But results are good.

I'll be trying to PC next when I have time.

My idea is to have one try for every battery. The battery stays in the tray for good. I considered having easy swap with a XT60, there is room for it in my one but I wont be doing that for my use case. I want 6-8 batteries in try's ready to go when I need them.

I haven't seen the one Andy has. I'm new to this forum.

Early on he developed that concept of a 3 wall tray with openings and the use of full dean connectors. The community pitched in hundreds of ideas and we all tried different strategies to accomplish a design that was suitable for the H.
Typhoon H battery tray

Once the design was completed a lot of people complained about the price....the people that didnt complain got free kits or at a ready to fly trays at a very low price.

I think many folks out there are still looking for a finished tray product for $30 so there is still a market you can potentially target.

Luckily aside from price complaints I havnt had any performance issues. No battery fallouts, no crashes, no fires, no damage, hopefully it stays that way and the next version is accepted with a lot of excitment!

The state with the highest sales is Yuneec's headquaters

2000px-Flag_of_California.svg.png

So far these are the countries that have ordered the tray
american-flag-640x480_20100624114240_320_240.jpg
Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Flag_of_Australia_(converted).svg.png
Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png
Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png
Flag_of_France.svg.png Flag_of_Greece.svg.png
BritishFlag.png

Havn't sold any to my Cuban people but hopefully that will change really soon!

Last edited:
Mr.Covert it's been over a week since you logged into your account, was just wondering if you needed any help on the tray project.

Best,
Ralphy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval