Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FINALLY

Reaction score
Well, finally the weather has eased a bit and got out early this morning and ran 2 batteries thru my baby PRO.
Difficulties at first getting gps "lock" .
First liftoff and basically lost control...climbed a bit and just hovered, every attempt to land resulted in a rev of the motors and more height.
Finally managed to bring her down to the point where I could grab the landing gear and cut the motors....phewww!!!!
I think I lost gps lock...that's my excuse anyways.
Rebooted everything and tried again....no problems, ran down first batt then ran another thru with no further probs.
Was regularly getting a flashing white/green(not sure which) with the purple which I think was telling me to set task.
After getting home I found that "advanced" was ON so that explains the light
I also tested the sticks and found that the throttle was not really working at all. cleaned her up and action seems good now.
Everything's been sitting in high temps for a few weeks so that may explain
Hope to get out again early over next few days and run some more batts thru
cheers all

IMG_2531.JPGIMG_2533.JPG

I have the opposite problem here in Canada. In Southern Alberta it is -26 C (-41 C with the wind chill) My babies (Q500 4K and Typhoon H) are safe in their cases where they will probably remain for at least 2 weeks. Ah well, such is life. Cold be worse, my brother lives up north of me, -38 C with a wind chill hitting -50 C. He doesn't fly drones though.

At least I can fly my little Tello I picked up. Actually a fun little drone with a decent camera.

Have fun flying!

.....My Granddaughter looked at me as if to say"really, you play with that instead of me?".....

Tell her she gets 2 hours while the batteries charge.

Reactions: Russell Smith
I have the opposite problem here in Canada. In Southern Alberta it is -26 C (-41 C with the wind chill) My babies (Q500 4K and Typhoon H) are safe in their cases where they will probably remain for at least 2 weeks. Ah well, such is life. Cold be worse, my brother lives up north of me, -38 C with a wind chill hitting -50 C. He doesn't fly drones though.

At least I can fly my little Tello I picked up. Actually a fun little drone with a decent camera.

Have fun flying!

Calgary...Scotiabank Saddledome.
I'm sure they would hire it out to you for a few hours for minimal charge !!!! :D

On the first flight of the day, allow the H to sit for about 12 minutes before starting the motors. That will give the GPS enough time to finish updating.

Yeah, I waited for quite a while and was getting up to 17 sats but no lock...the purple was still flashing. I was forgetting it needed to update after a long time with no use.
I'd get a solid purple and go to start and I'd lose lock again.
Tomorrow should be quicker ....acquiring....acquiring !!!!!! Ready... no... yes... no... Dohhhh!!!

Yeah, I waited for quite a while and was getting up to 17 sats but no lock...the purple was still flashing. I was forgetting it needed to update after a long time with no use.
I'd get a solid purple and go to start and I'd lose lock again.
Tomorrow should be quicker ....acquiring....acquiring !!!!!! Ready... no... yes... no... Dohhhh!!!
The almanac data downloaded from the satellites is accurate for just 24 hrs. It normally takes 12.5 min to download. That data helps the GPS module with locating the position of the satellites in the sky at any given time since they move constantly.
If you see the lock/unlock status it could be a poor view of the sky, a heavy cloud cover, solar interference or a bad GPS module. A reboot of the H will sometimes be needed to overcome the issue.

TP, Temps down here in North West Sydney are up'ndown a bit. can't wait for my Chroma Drone to return from being sorted out. Only fly where there are no folks about and where i can access out landings with my low altitude wheel chair. Not only Drone batteries have to be fully charged you see:)
What school oval are you flying at? i want to fly near me on an oval with 25mm (1") long grass but council built a workshop on site where unfriendly / uninformed Spies may be.

Hayden if you're here, ST10+ controller and Chroma problem sorted by WSR, Firmware reloaded was the fix.:confused:

TP, Temps down here in North West Sydney are up'ndown a bit. can't wait for my Chroma Drone to return from being sorted out. Only fly where there are no folks about and where i can access out landings with my low altitude wheel chair. Not only Drone batteries have to be fully charged you see:)
What school oval are you flying at? i want to fly near me on an oval with 25mm (1") long grass but council built a workshop on site where unfriendly / uninformed Spies may be.

Hayden if you're here, ST10+ controller and Chroma problem sorted by WSR, Firmware reloaded was the fix.:confused:

Hey CP,
About 100m down the road is a Double football field with a cricket pitch in between.
No one around when I go out just after sunrise, about 7am if I can get my butt in gear.
Good for an hour or 2 at the moment before it gets too hot for me.
At the moment it's usually high 20's to low 30's by 9am...35 now
Any time of day will be good until footy season starts, but that's only weekends and a couple of after dark training sessions. so all good.
Once I get competent with the bird I'll start looking for places to go for video and photos. Not much of interest locally, and Newcastle area is pretty much off limits. Besides 150km each way is a bit much!!
Got to look out for restricted areas, a lot of choppers about on an irregular basis due to all the coal mines and the airport 25km away. So always one ear out for chopper blades
Cheers and stay safe
Hope you get your bird back soon
Pete

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio