Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Build 822 Just Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not hope, otherwise, it means that he drives at sight, without control of their production, but that's a lot right now.

I hope so, it is a sign that our voice has value and it’s a start of love and marriage. ?

Seriously though, if Yuneec pulled 822, what does that say about it?? What do they expect us guinea pigs who have installed it to do now? Is it possible this post stirred things up at Yuneec??
It's possible/probable they are reviewing parts of the update. On the other hand, I have not seen anyone that has reported a flight problem after the update.

If Yuneec has determined the IMU cal is unneeded in the field, I'm good with that. Speculation of the need is based on preference. I would gladly trade it in for a feature or two that would increase the productivity.

Reactions: 10-8
It's possible/probable they are reviewing parts of the update. On the other hand, I have not seen anyone that has reported a flight problem after the update.

If Yuneec has determined the IMU cal is unneeded in the field, I'm good with that. Speculation of the need is based on preference. I would gladly trade it in for a feature or two that would increase the productivity.

IMU, Gyro and RC calibration are essential tools.

IMU, Gyro and RC calibration are essential tools.

I agree on the end user having access to those tools. I am a techie type and abhor being locked out of functions that I can safely do myself.

Where the problem comes in is with people that fail to do them properly, then complain to the company about their aircraft not flying right. So to avoid the hassle of dealing with those that can’t, they lock us out even for those that can.

Reactions: RPR and AH-1G
Precisely. And I question the need for the calibration to be done unless there is an indication it's needed. After all, it's compensating for a slight difference in level between where it sits in the aircraft. It doesn't compensate in the difference when it's in the air.

Performed a small flight test with build 822 this afternoon from the terrace of my house: lots of metallic structures around, armed concrete on the ground and 28 active WiFi networks around the launch spot.
No problems to report, everything works as expected (tested: RTH, journey, panorama shots, plus zoom modes and overall stability), no lag or any other interference noticed. Mild wind, 2 Beaufort.
Using my trusty Mixza U3 64GB MicroSD card.

More testing to do this weekend - if time permits - on the football field, using the Samsung Evo Plus 64GB U3 card that it was not possible to use with any firmware including build 784. With 806/809, this card caused the camera to freeze (and fpv as well) after recording for some time. Very curious to see if this has been fixed.

Photos at 1x, 2x, 4x and 8x zoom

Attachments

• YUN_0002.JPG
    YUN_0002.JPG
    10.3 MB · Views: 22
  • YUN_0003.JPG
    YUN_0003.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 20
  • YUN_0004.JPG
    YUN_0004.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 20
  • YUN_0005.JPG
    YUN_0005.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 21
Build 809 review completed.

I am am impressed by how quick it acquired sat and gps. I am impressed by the fast boot up! Build 784 took 2min to acquire 9 sat and 12 gps (my norm) but build 809 got all green sat and gps lighting fast.. FAST.... And held the connectivity very well. My gps held at 21 at one point. I’m impressed!!!

But!!! I am not impressed by its performance. This build was tested during a fair weather, forgetting that there might be a chance of rain. I never had a flyaway, and I’ve avoided two, today. I will post a video once I get home.

The video is long and raw.. Taken on my phone. My apologies in advance

But don’t worry, I will keep the YouTube video private. Limited for all of us in the forum to see.

Haven't seen any issues from users flying it that have had any issues. I'm still flying it regularly and it's been great. Interested to see what you saw.

That’s what you also said about build 777

I’m guarding 784 with my life, and hope to sell the file on eBay for $999,999.99 when the time comes.

• Love
Reactions: DCH
I flew mine once last night in about 15 mph winds with 822 and it was rock solid. That flight lasted about 15mins and I have not yet tried again

Reactions: 10-8
More flights today, no issues with control so far. However, 822 has not addressed the underlying/borderline gimbal issue. It might be better, I can make it work, but it is still not right.

The gimbal settings still need work to calm down the dead band. Still waiting for Yuneec to fix this, but since it doesn't seem to effect most people, it must be low on their priority list.

Reactions: RPR
Is it possible that the other calibrations are now locked in and Yuneec only feels the Compass is needed? I thought about this before downloading 822 and got all calibrations fresh before the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight