Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Build 822 Just Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new H Plus came today and the first thing I did was all the calibrations then a test flight. After that I went ahead and downloaded 822 then did the Compass cal and did another flight. I believe the flight was smoother and everything worked great for what I tried. I did play with the zoom a little but I don't think I will ever use it.

Reactions: RPR and DCH
Use to experience and see toilet bowl and other issues in early DIY builds and early factory units. But that appears to be something that manufacturers have got a hold on. Have seen it in quite some time. I haven't had to do an IMU/Accel in over 2 years now and that's flying a great deal of builds.

I still cannot wrap my head around the idea of removing the IMU (and Gyro) calibration option. The uses accelerometers that detect movement in three axis (x,y and z). The accelerometers calibration detects the position of the drone on a dead flat surface as being the reference point for when you take it out flying. This is separate from the barometer used for height calculation from HP, the compass used for the heading of the drone and the GPS used for its position in any given area.

IMU calibration also updates a table of values the RC software uses as a reference for a level stationary hover. From there the craft responds predictably to flight commands. It also measures any sensor noise, and thermal drift so that these technical imperfections are accounted for when using IMU sensor data in flight by bringing back into line the measured craft attitude with the true physical craft attitude, and that's where the operator's state of location anywhere in the global map.

How often an IMU calibration is needed? Let just say that I had a hard landing, impact or if there are suspicions the craft can’t hover properly in a windless environment. Also after a firmware update is a good opportunity just in case the stored values get corrupted or are incompatible with the later firmware.

This function is again helpful to an operator. It does not hurt to give an operator an extra piece of mind in protecting his or her investment. But, I could be missing something, or this could be the next best thing, but I will have to wait and will eventually update once the construction season is over.

The reports has been great thus far..... It took me back to my initial 777 excitement field report.

OK, quick test hop just now. Did . not bother doing compass calibration. Wanted worse case. No wind, so that still remains to be assessed. But super smooth, no issues. What started off as a bad day (no camera connection, etc.) ends up as a good one.

This is reassuring..

Well here is the news you have all been waiting for! The results of my test flight.

I have never flown a H series aircraft after an Update before without first re-calibrating everything. This has been ingrained into my psyche by this forum, so I don't mind telling you the thought of doing this was wrought with fear and trepidation! Yet I knew everyone was counting on me (the designated guinea pig) for my initial flight report sans any calibrations except for the compass. So I fired it up, collected more than enough sats, and took to the skies.

If anyone sees my Plus flying around please PM me immediately!

Okay, it's not likely you will because the maiden flight with 822 was absolutely flawless and my Plus is sitting right here. No time for more flights today, but I will be running it thru the paces tomorrow.

Nice, bro! Glad to hear that everything is successful. I am setting and the ST16s and H+ are staring at me.. I am TEMPTED, bro!

Reactions: DCH
or the director is no longer the same. Result: we patinated and tested

The above is true. Much of the previous management team has left Yuneec, including the previous CEO. They weren’t all that great but it seems they were better than what is there now.

Reactions: Phaedrus
We both know that cannot be.

No sir... I’m shaking my head on this one. I have been sober for 12yrs and right now wanting a glass of whiskey.

For anyone considering this upgrade, WAIT! Don't do it yet!
There is a new issue to deal with, and that is a password on the advanced calibration menu. When I tap Compass Calibration 5 times, I am now required to enter a password to access it! WTF? Where do we get the password? It is not the default camera password, I tried that one first.

View attachment 15161

Without a password to calibrate the sensors, I cannot even test fly this build. I don't suppose anyone here has password cracking software I can borrow?

I think @
D.Jean-Claude was trying to warn us with his post. Until I/we can figure out a password, I am locked out and must revert back to 784 before I can fly. So I'm back to frustrated again and on the verge of shelving the hobby -again!!:mad: See y'all in a couple weeks when I cool off! Hopefully a better Firmware will be out then!

Hello everyone,

My message yesterday was to expose the problem that I had the new official update of Yuneec Europe and Yuneec France propose to get the zoom or version 1.1.03_BUILD822_20190312, that poses a problem I can not able to calibrate the sensors in the submenu of Compass Calibration.
Last night going on Software Update I had in Available Update version 1.1.03_BUILD_822_20190312 see the first picture.
Now on the 2nd photo taken this morning I have in Available Update the version 1.1.02_BUILD784_20181122, I do not understand any more there.
When I go to Download I download only the version for Japan that blocks on the C23 and impossible to do.
Now by going to the menu of the Pad File Manager, then Directory, then on Yuneec OTA at the bottom I have the version
1.1.03_BUILD822_20190312 to record in Yuneec OTA and not the version on the picture this morning.
1.1.02_BUILD784_20181122 as on the 2nd photo, I think there is a serious problem.
I did not save the version: 1.1.02_BUILD_784_20181122, so complicated for me.
If you have an idea, to know that I am in France so EU firmware for the C23. Thank you

Attachments

• 04394C38-C87A-452A-AC78-5DAFB7D6AC57.JPG
    04394C38-C87A-452A-AC78-5DAFB7D6AC57.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9518.jpg
    IMG_9518.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 55DC9012-0704-4006-8AE2-1B46AF4CBBBA.JPG
    55DC9012-0704-4006-8AE2-1B46AF4CBBBA.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 24
Once you unpack the build to your RC, did you get the message to unpack the build to your camera?

sage yesterday was to expose the problem that I had the new official update of Yuneec Europe and Yuneec France propose to get the zoom or version 1.1.03_BUILD822_20190312, that poses a problem I can not able to calibrate the sensors in the submenu of Compass Calibration.
Last night going on Software Update I had in Available Update version 1.1.03_BUILD_822_20190312 see the first picture.
Now on the 2nd photo taken this morning I have in Available Update the version 1.1.02_BUILD784_20181122, I do not understand any more there.
When I go to Download I download only the version for Japan that blocks on the C23 and impossible to do.
Now by going to the menu of the Pad File Manager, then Directory, then on Yuneec OTA at the bottom I have the version
1.1.03_BUILD822_20190312 to record in Yuneec OTA and not the version on the picture this morning.
1.1.02_BUILD784_20181122 as on the 2nd photo, I think there is a serious problem.
I did not save the version: 1.1.02_BUILD_784_20181122, so complicated for me.
If you have an idea, to know that I am in France so EU firmware for the C23. Thank you
I also have this screen now. This is not normal because 784 is an older Firmware, we should not need that. Also after an update that screen should say "No Update Necessary". This is obviously a bug that needs to fixed.

I’m guessing that during unpacking of the build it may somehow got interrupted? I’ve had this happened. If he still have the old build, best bet is to downgrade and then restart the process of updating.

You mean that IMU/Accelerometer and gyro calibration is only intended for beta testers? That is why they are both hidden?
Since July 2018 when I bought my H+ from Yuneec Europe, I have not performed even ONE single IMU/compass calibration and I have used almost every single firmware available for the machine. The same applies to my dji aircrafts (P4P, Mavic Air), I have performed compass calibration ONCE on the Air when I had to take off from a metallic structure. No issues whatsoever.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Sorry to say but this is where Yuneec is stepping in their cranks. There is absolutely no reason they cannot verify the efficacy of their firmware prior to a release and publish download notes to minimize user errors in updating.

They absolutely MUST build a perfect baseline firmware version that everyone can download and save to file for an SD card “back” load in the event new firmware is defective. Lacking that users are stuck retaining whatever firmware their systems were bought with, providing it worked, out of fear of rendering their systems useless due to manufacturer malfeasance.

The perpetual firmware debacle is 85% of the reasons I have not bought a Plus or 520. I have to be able to trust, and no reasons are being provided to provide any.

I'll be happy if I can get my camera working again :mad:
Since you've downloaded the 822 update, can you try unpacking the camera .yuneec update file and place the camera.bin on an empty SD card and re-perform the camera update?
This fixed an issue I had with 806 which was exactly what you experience now.

Since July 2018 when I bought my H+ from Yuneec Europe, I have not performed even ONE single IMU/compass calibration and I have used almost every single firmware available for the machine. The same applies to my dji aircrafts (P4P, Mavic Air), I have performed compass calibration ONCE on the Air when I had to take off from a metallic structure. No issues whatsoever.

Catch 22, bro... Send me your drones and I will make each one beg to be recalibrated. IMU, Compass, and Gyro.

I will retire now.. Build 777 scored me my first ban, I am now on my second, and I gave my word to Murray that I would not catch a 3rd [emoji23] “build 777 was my I told you, so....”

I will stand down, and wait for the flight reports.

I also have this screen now. This is not normal because 784 is an older Firmware, we should not need that. Also after an update that screen should say "No Update Necessary". This is obviously a bug that needs to fixed.

As soon as I launch Download, I switch to the launch of the update for Japan, after that the request is made to connect the C23, but can not connect to wifi, and the update for Japan comes back, it's not normal I had update for Japan to do before, I have the H Plus since it was released in France and never worries before. Last night the BUILD was on the 822 and this morning it is on the 784 in the Available Update, see photos above.
I sent an email yesterday afternoon in Germany I expect an answer from them.
I have exactly the same problem with the firmware when I made the update by Global OTA, always an update for Japan to do. I can not even go back to the November version I forgot to make a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn