Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware issues

Reaction score
after i did firmware update my telemetry Cuts off at 800ft distant. doesnt matter where i go its always 800ft distant

after i did firmware update my telemetry Cuts off at 800ft distant. doesnt matter where i go its always 800ft distant

Are you flying in Smart mode? That is limited, forgot what the default is set to.

Switch to Angle mode, then you can fly as far as the signal will allow.

After reading this, I just tested mine for distance, I would say it goes 30% more without any drop out. (I do have FPVLR antennas) Before the firmware was updated I could still see the video but the telemetry would cut out at 4000' or 650' up.

Since the fw update my camera drops its connection constantly. When it does drop the camera cuts out also. Then it starts again. The old fw was better for me. In a 16 minute flight I had 8 clips instead of 2 or 3 5 minute clips.this is not good for me. My TH performs great, my camera doesn't.

I am on the new firmware and just flew mine to 6500 ft out in a wide open field at 250ft alt with DBS antenna.. RTH kicked in and lost telemetry on her way back. I guess i am good.

Are you flying in Smart mode? That is limited, forgot what the default is set to.

Switch to Angle mode, then you can fly as far as the signal will allow.
Jimmy I believe you are running FPVLR also. Is your range intact after the new FW upgrade?

Jimmy I believe you are running FPVLR also. Is your range intact after the new FW upgrade?

I have not noticed any change, but the furthest I go out is 2800 feet with no disruption in feed.

I have not noticed any change, but the furthest I go out is 2800 feet with no disruption in feed.

Ok since I am surrounded by mountains I can only go so far but just flew out to 4500 feet
and not one hiccup in video or telemetry.
I am using FPVLR antennae.

Ok since I am surrounded by mountains I can only go so far but just flew out to 4500 feet
and not one hiccup in video or telemetry.
I am using FPVLR antennae.

In that case, I'm thinking they adjusted the drop out time before the RTH kicks in way too aggressively. If I lost some signal before due to trees or mispointed antennae I could walk around to reposition the controller and continue the flight no problem. Now if I loose signal briefly it kicks in auto return home and locks me out until it's come a long ways back, even though bird is in clear view in the sky.

In your case you probably had uninterrupted signal the whole time and your antennae pointed spot on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval