Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update freezes Typhoon H

Reaction score
Hi, guys I had to update my Typhoon H firmware and process stops and freezes the aircraft. No way to shut it using an on/off button. I was waiting for 25-30min then took the battery out. Now drone bricks, does not start att all. Does anyone know what happened and how to recover.
Thanks.

did you copy another typhoon model on your st16 before you started.

try reinstall firmware then calibrate after all firmware updates.

contact yuneec direct

did you copy another typhoon model on your st16 before you started.

try reinstall firmware then calibrate after all firmware updates.

contact yuneec direct
Yes, I did. Now aircraft does not strat. Looks like I need to reset it.

Hi i agree Use sd card to update not pc, i use the sd card all the time, up to know had not had a problem with the above

Hi i agree Use sd card to update not pc, i use the sd card all the time, up to know had not had a problem with the above
I did use SD card in the camera. Update was going on for 30min and never ended. I had to take a battery out, because on/off button was not responded

Download that firmware in the other post and then redo the new firmware via the st16

Check that forms and try again.
Mine did same thing and this fixed it.

TH firmware update problem
I did not understand: from where I need to download the file? Can you post a link? My drone does not start. No lights. The only camera works. When I turned it ON drone makes only 1 short sound and does not shut off using the same button. Needs to remove the battery to shut it off.

I did not understand: from where I need to download the file? Can you post a link? My drone does not start. No lights. The only camera works. When I turned it ON drone makes only 1 short sound and does not shut off using the same button. Needs to remove the battery to shut it off.

From the yuneec U.K. Site you can download recovery firmware. Install it using a PC and it will fix it. Then just update it like normal. I've had to do it twice

Files are always found in the downloads page for the particular model at the Yuneec website. Long file upload times are typically because the user tried to open them before transferring to an SD card, or used a card different from one that come with the H, or loaded the wrong file, which causes long search time issues. It can't find what isn't appropriate for the application.

RTM/quick start guide, review the Yuneec website documentation, watch the videos that came on the SD card. Buggered updates usually happen because the user failed to do one or more of the above.

Last edited:
Files are always found in the downloads page for the particular model at the Yuneec website. Long file upload times are typically because the user tried to open them before transferring to an SD card, or used a card different from one that come with the H, or loaded the wrong file, which causes long search time issues. It can't find what isn't appropriate for the application.

RTM/quick start guide, review the Yuneec website documentation, watch the videos that came on the SD card. Buggered updates usually happen because the user failed to do one or more of the above.
(Raises hand...) Guilty as charged...

As said above, use Version 1.28 firmware (D/L from link posted above)to recover from lockout, and follow instructions precisely . I had same issue, and it was all a result of failure to follow instructions.

Just had the same issue but the 1.28 firmware didn't solve it for me, I would get a "Request timed out" when trying to retrieve the version information on the About Controller page.

The TyphoonH-FC_V1.15_17_5_2016.yuneec file found on that page fixed that issue and allowed the most recent update to fully install... lets just hope it flys OK tomorrow.

I contacted Yuneec: they sais $40 for 1.5 hr of work or $80 for 1 hr....
That looks to me they did it on purpose to bring business up, taking money out of customer's pockets....
Or, I can be toooooo suspicious.........

Really?
I've never had an issue with talking to them or them telling me they are going to charge me! I'm thinking you might be a troll ..

I think that update is not good for all drones. Yuneec is famous of bad software

Hearing that much too often I feel compelled to rebut with "users have repeatedly demonstrated they don't like to read provided documentation or follow explicit instructions, and then complain how a firmware upgrade trashed their H."

Their is considerable info available how to perform a firmware upgrade. Simply typing "typhoon H firmware upgrade" in the YouTube search box will turn up everything linked at this site but over snd over again we see posts from people that didn't even put that minimal level of effort into learning about their system. Of course they blame Yuneec, looking into the mirror would be much too honest.

Reactions: FlushVision
I contacted Yuneec: they sais $40 for 1.5 hr of work or $80 for 1 hr....
That looks to me they did it on purpose to bring business up, taking money out of customer's pockets....
Or, I can be toooooo suspicious.........

Are you trolling Alko?

I took me a whole afternoon to finally get the firmware for the autopilot to update. Even then I couldn't get the ST16 to bind to the TH when I took it outside to calibrate the compass and give it a test flight.
I managed to rebind the ST16 and after that all went pretty well.In retrospect it was all my own fault as I made a slight mistake is the order I was using to bind the transmitter. In the course of the afternoon I just couldn't get the orange light to blink. It turned out I was selecting the aircraft type at the wrong moment.
I did have some trouble trying to catch the TH by hand as I couldn't get the ST16 to cut the motors. Also had the TH try to tip forward once while landing. Never seen these things happen before the update. I can't say it lands any smoother than it used to either.

Something that isn't mentioned much any more, when going to bind, if one of the items fails to show up after refreshing the lists, put the -16 in Team mode and repeat the refresh process. It works every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech