Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update question

Reaction score
Is it possible to update the gimbal firmware only? My two year old H is up to date and very stable, however, the original camera gimbal has V1.25. I have a second camera purchased several months ago that I modified with a pix aero lens which has the V1.27 gimbal firmware which is notably smoother without any horizon tilt. I'd like to update the original camera with V1.27 but reluctant go through the entire update process and potentially disrupt the stability of my H and ST16. I realize it shouldn't matter as long as everything is the same, but I've had issues in the past with updates and my system is so stable and reliable, I'm reluctant to mess with it.

If I remember the, .bin file updates the H and the gimbal... I do not think you can separate the two. However the second .yuneec file updates the ST-16... so doing the update on the H should not affect it.

Reactions: BeeRAD56
I do not think you can separate the two.
Hate to contradict you EEV, but yes you can, and I have done it ! WinRAR is the key, which we can use to extract the camera firmware from the main bin file.

Here's some specific instructions...

1. Get Update File from yunneec website, format SD card
2. Open .bin file with WinRAR, find a file within that called *.zzzzz. Double click that to open new WinRar window - locate CGo3+ update file, copy to desktop etc...
3. Rename file 'firmware.bin' and move / copy it to your formatted SD card.
4. Place direct in camera, power ST-16, power H, wait.
Note: Camera LED should be flashing purple while updating, which takes around 4 minutes. Then it will stop.
5. Lastly power down, remove SD / reboot H.

Last edited:
Never apologize for contradicting me... I am so far from infallible, and have never attempted to extract the individual files. Thanks for providing valid info and the procedure for performing the individual upgrade. :)

Hate to contradict you EEV, but yes you can, and I have done it ! WinRAR is the key, which we can use to extract the camera firmware from the main bin file.

Here's some specific instructions...

1. Get Update File from yunneec website, format SD card
2. Open .bin file with WinRAR, find a file within that called *.zzzzz. Double click that to open new WinRar window - locate CGo3+ update file, copy to desktop etc...
3. Rename file 'firmware.bin' and move / copy it to your formatted SD card.
4. Place direct in camera, power ST-16, power H, wait.
Note: Camera LED should be flashing purple while updating, which takes around 4 minutes. Then it will stop.
5. Lastly power down, remove SD / reboot H.
Thank you! That is extremely helpful.

It’s not necessary to update gimbal firmware separately. You can if you like doing extra work with no additional benefit but re-doing the aircraft firmware with a new or different gimbal works just fine. I’ve done three cameras that way using one aircraft.

Reactions: Racepro60
Does anyone know where I can find the V1.27 gimbal firmware? I don't see it on either the US or the UK Yuneec websites. They are still showing V1.25.

Thanks!

Last edited:
PatR, what can i do? The camera is lit white LED and does not respond to any action.
I have little experience. I would be grateful for your help. Thank.
And while we are at it....can someone tell me where I (the OP) can find V1.27 gimbal firmware?

PatR, what can i do? The camera is lit white LED and does not respond to any action.
I have little experience. I would be grateful for your help. Thank.

The first thing I would be to start from the beginning. Remove the gimbal, clean the contacts on the bird and gimbal, then re-install the gimbal, assuring it is properly seated.

Second would be to remove the propellers and turn on both the H and ST-16. I would put the ST-16 in Team mode and then go to settings to refresh the firmware search to see what was displayed. I use Team mode as it automatically places the system in a binding mode without the need to perform the tilting game, a method that can be a pain in the butt to make work. If both firmware categories appear, bind to both of them.

If binding is successful, select the camera type, CGO3+, and place it in advanced mode. We’ll look at more after you complete the above.

I that case I would start by replacing the ST-10 with an ST-16. I think that is your root problem. That ST-10 has 6 less channels than the controller the H was released with.

Does anyone know where I can find the V1.27 gimbal firmware? I don't see it on either the US or the UK Yuneec websites. They are still showing V1.25.

Thanks!

I went back and viewed my most recently updated files in WinRAR... the gimbal version is the same V1.25.

Reactions: BeeRAD56
@BeeRAD56 I'm wondering if the V1.27 may be specific to Asia, since you say both the American and European site versions are 1.25.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval